Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 20-01-2017, 23:32   #211
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Why is TV utter dross on a Friday??
it's utter dross 7 days a week hence why i cut the cord lol.
Advertisement
Old 21-01-2017, 02:06   #212
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
They can keep going after us we'll always find a way around it.
SKY, BT, movie studios, tv studios etc should take long hard look at themselves and they'll see why people use grey area things to watch shows movies etc.
Might be something to do with how expensive it's becoming to have a tv sub for example skys basic tv is £22p/m now and that's without hd, movies, sports and box sets.
BTs equivelent pack minus sky channels and fox but including bt sports and from this month boxnation is £10p/m don't take a genius to figure it out.
Also £13.99 for a dvd they're having a giraffe man i tend to wait awhile and grab dvds/blu rays for £5 or below.
I've found myself drawn to YouTube more and more in recent weeks late at night for entertainment. Plenty of good niche entertainment if you can find it that's often more entertaining than conventional TV. I've been consumed recently watching content from RedLetterMedia. A bunch of guys ripping movies from the 80's and 90's to pieces whilst getting hammered. Doesn't sound like must watch content I known but they know their stuff, it's risqué at times and makes me laugh. Nothing like it on TV. Once drawn in you discover they've been doing this for years and have a back catalog of about 600 hours. It's free and ready to watch when you want.

P. S. I'm hammered watching them just now. Hopefully the above makes sense lol
Old 21-01-2017, 02:12   #213
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
it's utter dross 7 days a week hence why i cut the cord lol.

No it's not, there's some good stuff on most nights, but for some strange reason a Friday is particularly bad!
Old 21-01-2017, 07:19   #214
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Go to bingo old chap.
Old 21-01-2017, 12:24   #215
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I've found myself drawn to YouTube more and more in recent weeks late at night for entertainment. Plenty of good niche entertainment if you can find it that's often more entertaining than conventional TV. I've been consumed recently watching content from RedLetterMedia. A bunch of guys ripping movies from the 80's and 90's to pieces whilst getting hammered. Doesn't sound like must watch content I known but they know their stuff, it's risqué at times and makes me laugh. Nothing like it on TV. Once drawn in you discover they've been doing this for years and have a back catalog of about 600 hours. It's free and ready to watch when you want.

P. S. I'm hammered watching them just now. Hopefully the above makes sense lol
pluto tv is ok too loads of content on it perfectly legal too.
Being a gamer i'm often watching the various gaming broadcasts on it, same with youtube too.
Old 21-01-2017, 19:55   #216
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Is it any better on any other day?..... Soaps, reality, celebrity chefs etc.

I don't switch the thing on much now and I love tv, but when I do, I'm selective in what I watch.

Last edited by Horizon; 21-01-2017 at 20:05.
Old 21-01-2017, 19:56   #217
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
pluto tv is ok too loads of content on it perfectly legal too.
Being a gamer i'm often watching the various gaming broadcasts on it, same with youtube too.
Pluto is ok, but I wouldn't spend my evening watching their output.

Frankly, I'm not much impressed with anything I've seen on Kodi either so far - I think that this only comes into its own with a vpn, which I refuse to use.

If you want quality viewing and you don't want to breach copyright laws, I'm afraid the only option is cable or satellite/Netflix/Amazon/Now TV + other PPV options.
Old 21-01-2017, 20:36   #218
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Pluto is ok, but I wouldn't spend my evening watching their output.

Frankly, I'm not much impressed with anything I've seen on Kodi either so far - I think that this only comes into its own with a vpn, which I refuse to use.

If you want quality viewing and you don't want to breach copyright laws, I'm afraid the only option is cable or satellite/Netflix/Amazon/Now TV + other PPV options.
Then you must not like any tv show or movie or sports etc then, you do not need a vpn for kodi just the correct addons.
You forgot to mention isp tv too from bt and talktalk and plusnet, also vodafone have a tv service now.
Old 21-01-2017, 20:54   #219
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Then you must not like any tv show or movie or sports etc then, you do not need a vpn for kodi just the correct addons.
You forgot to mention isp tv too from bt and talktalk and plusnet, also vodafone have a tv service now.
Yes, but BT, talk talk, vodaphone and plusnet have inferior offerings, don't they? The main players ATM are Sky and Virgin.

Unless you go for vpn, which basically infringes copyright, surely you are not suggesting that Kodi has anything worthwhile to add? Or, being a newcomer to all this, maybe I've missed something?
Old 21-01-2017, 23:38   #220
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Yes, but BT, talk talk, vodaphone and plusnet have inferior offerings, don't they? The main players ATM are Sky and Virgin.

Unless you go for vpn, which basically infringes copyright, surely you are not suggesting that Kodi has anything worthwhile to add? Or, being a newcomer to all this, maybe I've missed something?
Only thing that's missing from BT is sky channels and fox, and apparantly Sky and BT are in talks.
TT i think are missing discovery channels, eurosport aswell as hd but do have sky channels, no idea about vodafone as would never go with vodafone.
Kodi certainly does have everything worthwhile tv shows at usa pace, movies still on cinema, live sports, live channels such as hbo,showtime,starz to nam a couple, plus every live uk channel possible etc the list is endless you just need the correct repos and addons you do not need a vpn or smart dns and it is not illegal, infact a European court recently ruled streaming content as legal. However if you go down the route of acestream and plexus it becomes illegal as they are p2p.
Kodis legit addons alone offer various network channels such as nbcsports, food network, abc, fox amongst others those you need a smart dns or vpn for.
Regarding kodi either send me a pm as won't discuss here or youtube is your friend
Old 21-01-2017, 23:43   #221
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Great films coming up on Talking Pictures: - 'Day of the Triffids', 'Brighton Rock'

Oops no, VM is still the only platform not to carry the channel.....
Old 22-01-2017, 00:42   #222
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
In other news - "Total Channels" has been cut by one sometime since Monday.
Well, 3 channels have gone and 2 have been added since Christmas. So there has been a net loss of 1 somewhere along the way.

Removals:

TSID 6: SID 615 UMP Movies
TSID 9: SID 901 Movie Mix
TSID 19: SID 1907 My Ex Girlfriends

Additions:

TSID 2: SID 215 Sony Movie Channel (This launched on a different transport stream to the Movie Mix channel it replaced).
TSID 17: SID 1713 ITV PPV HD

The last one is quite interesting.

Old 22-01-2017, 00:49   #223
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
Well, 3 channels have gone and 2 have been added since Christmas. So there has been a net loss of 1 somewhere along the way.

Removals:

TSID 6: SID 615 UMP Movies
TSID 9: SID 901 Movie Mix
TSID 19: SID 1907 My Ex Girlfriends

Additions:

TSID 2: SID 215 Sony Movie Channel (This launched on a different transport stream to the Movie Mix channel it replaced).
TSID 17: SID 1713 ITV PPV HD

The last one is quite interesting.
That last one is itv box office
Old 22-01-2017, 01:37   #224
jj20x

Quote:
That last one is itv box office
Obviously, but via a pop-up channel rather than delivery through the standard PPV on-demand services, which some users have assumed.

(It is an NVOD Time-Shifted service rather than a regular "Digital Television" service - so basically the same method of delivery as the adult PPV channels.)

Last edited by jj20x; 22-01-2017 at 01:47.

Old 22-01-2017, 07:00   #225
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Great films coming up on Talking Pictures: - 'Day of the Triffids', 'Brighton Rock'

Oops no, VM is still the only platform not to carry the channel.....
Well at least you are consistent in your grumpiness Mr K.