Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Post-Brexit Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Post-Brexit Thread
Closed Thread

Old 18-01-2017, 21:40   #3856
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
The way I see it the Germans, French & Spanish won't raise their prizes too high as we won't buy them.
Yes we will .We will bitch and moan but we will still buy them ,not much choice really until we start making our own

Advertisement
Old 18-01-2017, 21:44   #3857
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
Yes we will .We will bitch and moan but we will still buy them ,not much choice really until we start making our own
You may bitch and moan but you don't speak for everyone or even the majority that voted.
Old 18-01-2017, 21:49   #3858
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
You may bitch and moan but you don't speak for everyone or even the majority that voted.

do you want to check that lousy attitude of yours

Old 18-01-2017, 21:52   #3859
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Lots of other countries outside of the EU make cars, as good as German cars.
Old 18-01-2017, 21:57   #3860
martyh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Lots of other countries outside of the EU make cars, as good as German cars.
So what ? look around you what cars do you see on the road and then ask yourself if you are prepared to give up your beema or merc .Like i said people will bitch and moan about the price increases but they will still buy them as they always have done

Old 18-01-2017, 22:08   #3861
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Cars from America or Japan will rise in price as well purely because the pound has fallen quite a bit. As I understand it the bigger problems come from mass movement of materials rather than the end price of an item sold direct to a consumer.

---------- Post added at 21:08 ---------- Previous post was at 21:06 ----------

Quote:
With the supreme court ruling on Tuesday i'm wondering if the problems in NI are going to delay invoking A50 assuming the supreme court rules against the government
Given May has clearly had to demonstrated that the Parliamentary majority is there for issuing Article 50, that she gave her speech confirming some details this week and is even going to Parliament on the deal itself (which will also largely be symbolic as there is little chance of rejection there) then the court case seems much less important now. It's served it's purpose in getting some clarity from the Government and involving Parliament.

What problems in NI are you referring too? The border or the courts?
Old 18-01-2017, 23:19   #3862
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
The way I see it the Germans, French & Spanish won't raise their prizes too high as we won't buy them.
It's possible that they will absorb some of the increased costs, it depends on how competitive the market is. For its App store, Apple recently increased prices by 25% but not all companies will be able to push through such increases.
If the UK was able to sign a free trade deal with say a country like South Africa or Malaysia, it's possible that the UK could be supplied by those countries instead. Multinationals like GM and BMW have a bit of flexibility here.
I guess another issue is how price-sensitive buyers or leasers are. Corporate buyers may be more reluctant to take on increased costs when they are already facing other increased costs.
Old 19-01-2017, 00:31   #3863
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Well, my German car will be going. It's the British thing to do. A Tesla from our American cousins would be nice. Model 3 out at the end of the year .
Old 19-01-2017, 10:17   #3864
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Cars from outside the EU should get cheaper if we can cut the tariffs on them.

I'm loving my Japanese built Mitsubishi. BMW's are for wide boys.
Old 19-01-2017, 10:36   #3865
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
What we do have more freedom on is not having to always follow EU diktats on such matters. If the EU wants to impose higher duty on imports from certain countries and we don't we are free not too (this could already be there I don't know).

What I think will be interesting is do we have to deal with the EU as a whole or can we work with individual countries within the EU. This will be the fun side of things, especially with some of the other members who are less happy with the EU.
We, like every other country in the EU has the ability to veto tariff changes. Last year, the EU wanted to put a huge anti-dumping tariff on chinese steel to protect the EU steel industry. The UK vetoed it - they sold the british steel industry out to cosy up to the chinese. A much lower tariff was eventually agreed upon but it was too little, too late.

On negotiating with individual countries, it depends on what aspects - trade, no chance, the EU is a single market
Old 19-01-2017, 10:56   #3866
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
So what ? look around you what cars do you see on the road and then ask yourself if you are prepared to give up your beema or merc .Like i said people will bitch and moan about the price increases but they will still buy them as they always have done
maybe, maybe not. individual purchasers may. I know if the price of German cars increased (I currently have Audi) I would look at alternatives, you'd be daft not to.

But it's not the individual purchasers that are the issue, it's the fleet buyers, that work for large businesses, and they work to a budget, not prestige.

---------- Post added at 09:56 ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Cars from America or Japan will rise in price as well purely because the pound has fallen quite a bit.
That affects cars from the continent too.
Old 19-01-2017, 11:09   #3867
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Cars from outside the EU should get cheaper if we can cut the tariffs on them.

I'm loving my Japanese built Mitsubishi. BMW's are for wide boys.
Based on?

I really don't understand the attitude between drivers of different cars. I'm just as happy driving SWMBO's Juke as I am driving my big german car.

Would much rather be on my R1/Speed Triple however.
Old 19-01-2017, 12:34   #3868
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Based on?
Stereotypes.
Old 19-01-2017, 15:23   #3869
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Would much rather be on my R1/Speed Triple however.
You and me both. My Audi just doesn't perform like my old Z1900 or CB1000R but I fell off and it hurt.

Ride safe mate.
Old 19-01-2017, 20:27   #3870
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Don't forget that cars need parts... the price for these will probably rise as well.
Closed Thread