Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 16-03-2017, 10:42   #11986
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

[QUOTE=SnoopZ;35890208]Made some monthly £ savings from cutting services, saving me around £52 a month.

Netflix - not needed since i started using Kodi on an Amazon Fire stick.
Supernews for Newsgroup access not needed since Kodi.
Mobile phone contract not needed now i am out of contract and my LG G3 is sufficient on pay and go and wifi use at work.[/QUOTE

What exactly does the Kodi stick get you and how much does it cost, Can it be used with a Freesat box? Nash
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-03-2017, 10:54   #11987
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

[QUOTE=nashville;35890238]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Made some monthly £ savings from cutting services, saving me around £52 a month.

Netflix - not needed since i started using Kodi on an Amazon Fire stick.
Supernews for Newsgroup access not needed since Kodi.
Mobile phone contract not needed now i am out of contract and my LG G3 is sufficient on pay and go and wifi use at work.[/QUOTE

What exactly does the Kodi stick get you and how much does it cost, Can it be used with a Freesat box? Nash
Kodi is a piece of software used for streaming and can be installed on phones pcs, tablets, sticks etc.

To be honest it makes it easy for someone to click a button and just stream something that they don't pay for, so it isn't for everyone of course.
Old 19-03-2017, 16:59   #11988
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Just had a chat with our Motor Insurers, as our cars were up for renewal.

We've got the annual renewal price dropped from £612 to £419 (for a six month old Ford KA+ and a three year old Ford Focus Titanium Estate).

Worth an hour's work on other insurers' websites, then discussing this with our current insurer...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 17:25   #11989
nashville
nashville

nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

[QUOTE=SnoopZ;35890239]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post

Kodi is a piece of software used for streaming and can be installed on phones pcs, tablets, sticks etc.

To be honest it makes it easy for someone to click a button and just stream something that they don't pay for, so it isn't for everyone of course.
Thanks for the information . Nash
Old 22-03-2017, 20:19   #11990
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Back from Cornwall this pm. Home sweet home and the OH to have a hug and kiss with.
Old 23-03-2017, 14:58   #11991
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Back from Cornwall this pm. Home sweet home and the OH to have a hug and kiss with.
Absence makes the heart grow fonder...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2017, 10:04   #11992
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Certainly does.

This made us chuckle this morning curtesy of Kelvin MacKenzie's tabloid column:

Why are women like hurricanes?

They come in all wet and windy and leave with half your house.
Old 24-03-2017, 19:31   #11993
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
I thought it was

Absinthe makes the tart grow fonder
Old 26-03-2017, 15:28   #11994
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Me and the OH have just spent a couple of pleasant hours in the beer garden of our local. Sheltered from the Easterly breeze it is T-shirt and shorts weather. Some Stella was consumed.
Old 08-04-2017, 14:57   #11995
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Fusspot woman next door has been getting all vexed about the state of the dividing fence, my fence. Anyhow she's now putting up a new fence on her side of the wall. When it's done I'll take down the remains of my fence and we get an extra foot of garden. Yay!
Old 08-04-2017, 16:38   #11996
nashville
nashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Me and the OH have just spent a couple of pleasant hours in the beer garden of our local. Sheltered from the Easterly breeze it is T-shirt and shorts weather. Some Stella was consumed.
Good for you , Stella would help along with the sun, Nice here in Glasgow, but not warm enough o sit out
Old 08-04-2017, 18:51   #11997
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Quote:
Good for you , Stella would help along with the sun, Nice here in Glasgow, but not warm enough o sit out
Tomorrow's supposed to be even warmer so I guess it'll be a repeat. Getting the tan started.
Old 08-04-2017, 19:10   #11998
nashville
nashville

Just had the Winner in the National, I picked it because Arthur was my granny's maiden name, I will get £39 back for my £2 each way,
Old 08-04-2017, 19:12   #11999
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Just had the Winner in the National, I picked it because Arthur was my granny's maiden name, I will get £39 back for my £2 each way,
Wonderful nash.
Old 08-04-2017, 19:30   #12000
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Things are growing quickly already at the allotment. Rhubarb for pudding tonight
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote