Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S President: Donald Trump

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

U.S President: Donald Trump
Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 20:25   #1531
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntluser View Post
I wonder where it will all lead.
Disappointment.
Advertisement
Old 05-06-2017, 21:02   #1532
ntluser
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Telephone,TV with Tivo box & Superhub3 upto 150Mb Broadband, Sky World, & Freeview+
ntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Disappointment.
I was thinking more that he may get impeached by his own party for failing to deal with the basic issues on which he based his campaign and for attempting to undermine the Constitution. Buy you are right, a lot of his supporters are likely to be disappointed and to some extent disadvantaged.
Old 05-06-2017, 21:07   #1533
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:

He professes to defend and uphold the constitution but then takes actions that violate it.
I'm curious, what actions has he took to violate it exactly ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntluser
He gets rid of Obamacare but has not put anything in its place so what do poor people needing medical help do.
Last time I looked it had not been replaced yet. Do you think as it stands $1500+ increases per month are worth it ? These are costs my U.S pals are seeing and I can tell you now, they're pissed off and cannot wait for it to be gone in it's current form.

Quote:
And what had happened to the Mexican Wall designed to keep illegal Mexican immigrants from getting into the country?
Wow, you expect a large wall, thousands of miles long to be built in a few months?

Quote:
He seems to be pulling out of national agreements and wants to renegotiate them and wants to throw his weight around with other world leaders.

I wonder where it will all lead.
National agreements that made no sense, China is allowed to build more coal power stations and can do so for next 13 years. USA can build 0 :Where is the fairness? Anyway, as I mentioned a few days ago, we can partly blame Obama, for not getting the deal passed through the Senate which would have stopped Trump from withdrawing from it.

Let the USA worry about Trump. In a few days, we could have real set of incompetent clowns running the show right here in UK, should Dumb and Dumber and Dumbest (Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott) get in power.
Old 05-06-2017, 21:17   #1534
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Last time I looked it had not been replaced yet. Do you think as it stands $1500+ increases per month are worth it ? These are costs my U.S pals are seeing and I can tell you now, they're pissed off and cannot wait for it to be gone in it's current form.
Well the bill before the senate is largely going to see it gone. They can raise premiums for pre-existing conditions and they can set lifetime limits on how much the insurer will ever pay out per year or over the person's life. They will now also be allowed to charge older patients more. The payments made to help the poorest people get coverage will be reduced as will the taxes implemented by Obamacare.

The main thing that remains is coverage on your parents' policy until age 26.

It will be cheaper for young people and more expensive for old people in general as a result. In other words the cost will be more closely linked to how healthy you are as it was before Obamacare.

So Obamacare will largely be gone.

And of course the Congressional Budget Office estimates 23 million people will be priced out of, or denied, health insurance: https://www.cbo.gov/publication/52752
Old 05-06-2017, 21:38   #1535
ntluser
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Telephone,TV with Tivo box & Superhub3 upto 150Mb Broadband, Sky World, & Freeview+
ntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of society

Quote:
I'm curious, what actions has he took to violate it exactly ?

Wow, you expect a large wall, thousands of miles long to be built in a few months?

National agreements that made no sense, China is allowed to build more coal power stations and can do so for next 13 years. USA can build 0 :Where is the fairness? Anyway, as I mentioned a few days ago, we can partly blame Obama, for not getting the deal passed through the Senate which would have stopped Trump from withdrawing from it.

Let the USA worry about Trump. In a few days, we could have real set of incompetent clowns running the show right here in UK, should Dumb and Dumber and Dumbest (Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott) get in power.
He issued executive orders banning immigration from countries believed to have terrorist links which were deemed illegal by a number of judges.

I understand that Obamacare had its faults and was expensive but cancelling it before its replacement leaves thousands of Americans without recourse to healthcare.

As for the wall, I realize that it is a long term project but given Trump's propensity for using social media it would be possible to give progress reports to re-assure his supporters that progress is being made.

As for the power stations,the US could build as many gas power stations as it wants and tackle the issue of climate change at the same time without the need for coal.

Given that I live in the UK, I'm happy to let the USA worry about Donald Trump because as you rightly say we in the UK have a number of problem politicians of our own regrettably.
Old 05-06-2017, 22:22   #1536
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
He issued executive orders banning immigration from countries believed to have terrorist links which were deemed illegal by a number of judges.
Yet there was other judges who said the travel ban was legal so whose right ?

Let's not forget the list of countries on ban list was a list compiled by the Obama Administration.

But he has not violated the Constitution, in fact one could say the Constitution says the President can stop entry in to the U.S if it is deemed necessary. It's just some judges felt his previous pledge to shut down all Muslims entering the Country and linked his Executive Order to this and thus, blocked it, a second one was then later halted too. So this has now been referred to Supreme Court. There are 5 Republican Supreme Court Judges and only 4 Democrats, thus they could over rule previous court ruling currently blocking Trump's Travel ban.
Old 05-06-2017, 22:56   #1537
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Trump is showing the world his well honed abilities to p**s off his allies:

Pathetic excuse by London Mayor Sadiq Khan who had to think fast on his "no reason to be alarmed" statement. MSM is working hard to sell it!

Imagine if the PM had attacked the Mayor of New York in this way after 9/11 ...

The man is a prize clown. Some good news, we do have an official directive to ignore the idiot:

Kellyanne Conway Says Media Should Stop Covering Donald Trump’s Tweets
Old 05-06-2017, 23:04   #1538
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Trump is showing the world his well honed abilities to p**s off his allies:

Pathetic excuse by London Mayor Sadiq Khan who had to think fast on his "no reason to be alarmed" statement. MSM is working hard to sell it!

Imagine if the PM had attacked the Mayor of New York in this way after 9/11 ...

The man is a prize clown. Some good news, we do have an official directive to ignore the idiot:

Kellyanne Conway Says Media Should Stop Covering Donald Trump’s Tweets
You're not doing a good job of ignoring him, moaning about him.
Old 05-06-2017, 23:09   #1539
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Glad that you equate me with the Media, I am flattered

So you agree with him then? Is he right to criticise the Mayor of London?
Old 05-06-2017, 23:10   #1540
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
All patriotic Brits should condemn Trump's cynical tweets about London's Lord Mayor and I urge you to join me in doing so.
Old 05-06-2017, 23:43   #1541
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
All patriotic Brits should condemn Trump's cynical tweets about London's Lord Mayor and I urge you to join me in doing so.
Sorry, don't do requests and I don't do urges either.

I am no fan of the current useless, Mayor of London and I know many other patriotic Brits who would not come to his defense either.
Old 05-06-2017, 23:45   #1542
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
I imagine that a lot of the people who voted for him are wondering what he has actually done to improve things for them.

No they are not.

Two lists here; one for 50 days in and one for 100 days in. The 50 day list contains things not in the 100 days list hence both lists (plus the 50 day list comes from Andrew's favourite web site )

Southern border illegal immigration is now down 70% since Trump took office.

Scroll down a bit on the 100 day list to get to the actual list.

https://www.infowars.com/trumps-acco...first-50-days/

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017...irst-100-days/
Old 06-06-2017, 00:19   #1543
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Sorry, don't do requests and I don't do urges either.

I am no fan of the current useless, Mayor of London and I know many other patriotic Brits who would not come to his defense either.
No one's asking you or indeed anyone else for that matter to support one of London's most popular mayors.
I'm just urging you to condemn the picking up a feud with the Mayor of London at the time of our country's greatest need.
Old 06-06-2017, 00:55   #1544
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
No one's asking you or indeed anyone else for that matter to support one of London's most popular mayors.
I'm just urging you to condemn the picking up a feud with the Mayor of London at the time of our country's greatest need.
Not a chance, I can't stand the man, he is a liar, like some others who reside in his party.

I would also have to contest the popular part, he has far from delivered on the promises he made during his Mayoral Election.

Besides, he has said some controversial stuff, especially, while in the U.S, like those who live in big cities should come to expect, terrorism, saying it like it's some part and parcel of life. I think he said this when there was an explosion in New York. I would say this was a tad insensitive. So he is no angel himself. So fancy him saying that, while New York was in their hour of need. He also took side swipes at Candidate Trump while he was there.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/world...-a3347891.html
Old 06-06-2017, 06:43   #1545
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

It is out of order for the head of another country to use the terrroist attack as a chance to have a go at an elected official here but that's Trump for you. He isn't endearing themselves to Londoners ahead of his state visit.

---------- Post added at 06:43 ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
(plus the 50 day list comes from Andrew's favourite web site )
Ahh InfoWars. Where the little girls who were murdered by a terrorist at 'liberal trendies'. I remember pre-Trump when they believed terrorist attacks were false flag operations by the Western government, remarkable how they're now the number one threat to civilisation.
Closed Thread