Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 22-10-2017, 14:26   #3121
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

I bet that Sky would withold this from VM, though the changing market could mean UHD sport becoming available from other suppliers...
Advertisement
Old 22-10-2017, 15:33   #3122
andrewbrown
cf.addict

Services: TiVO, V+, XL TV, L Broadband and Superhub, M Phone
andrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Richard, seriously, no disrespect mate, but do you really think anyone gives a **** about those channels?
That's harsh. Do you only want to read rumours about channels you are interested in? Perhaps we should rename the thread "restricted coming soon". And then to say "no disrespect" but then to givea totally disrespectful reply was uncalled for.
Old 22-10-2017, 18:40   #3123
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewbrown View Post
That's harsh. Do you only want to read rumours about channels you are interested in? Perhaps we should rename the thread "restricted coming soon". And then to say "no disrespect" but then to givea totally disrespectful reply was uncalled for.
Read it again, I did not disrespect him, and for your info, I'd be surprised anyone is interested in that dross, and the continuing dross that seems to be coming.
Old 22-10-2017, 21:10   #3124
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Cheers.
You're welcome, my reply was a bit brief but I only had a few minutes to reply before going out.

Basically, the NIT analysis shows details of all networks except ex-NTL Langley regions. I was told a while ago that ex-NTL Langley details can also be made available. The NIT analysis is quite memory intensive with the number of calculations used for the 68 network data already available, so adding the extra networks would slow the whole process down at the moment.

Manchester data is already included in the analysis and, in any event, the digitalbitrate.com data for VM is for Manchester 3, even though it is listed as "Liverpool". Their scan data for TS ID 44 is available here: http://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.ph...ng=en&mux=C059

I was reluctant to post any details revealed by the previous SDT analysis as it related to pack data and the details added were incomplete. A later scan shows that most of the "test" services now have pack flags for all packs except "Player". One of the tests still didn't have any pack flags added.

No further tests had been added to the NIT, so 15 of them remain SDT only. They still carried the entertainment flags and service mode 1 (which is "digital television service"). Bear in mind that VM also uses service mode 1 for EPG linked apps so that doesn't really give any clues.

So the test services remain a mystery.

In other news, an SDT linkage section has been added for SID 4406 VTV Kids. This allows the VTV Kids slot to promote individual kids channels. Currently showing "Tiny Pop". Check the EPG to see what else will be shown and when. (Mad Max probably won't bother doing this. )

Old 23-10-2017, 13:48   #3125
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
In other news, an SDT linkage section has been added for SID 4406 VTV Kids. This allows the VTV Kids slot to promote individual kids channels. Currently showing "Tiny Pop". Check the EPG to see what else will be shown and when. (Mad Max probably won't bother doing this. )
Up until Sunday VTV Kids are broadcasting an channel for 24 hours from 6am to 6am:

Today - Boomerang
Tuesday - Cartoonito
Wednesday - POP
Thursday - Cartoon Network
Friday - Nick
Saturday - Tiny Pop
Sunday - Cartoon Network
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 23-10-2017, 16:19   #3126
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Pl
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
You're welcome, my reply was a bit brief but I only had a few minutes to reply before going out.

Basically, the NIT analysis shows details of all networks except ex-NTL Langley regions. I was told a while ago that ex-NTL Langley details can also be made available. The NIT analysis is quite memory intensive with the number of calculations used for the 68 network data already available, so adding the extra networks would slow the whole process down at the moment.

Manchester data is already included in the analysis and, in any event, the digitalbitrate.com data for VM is for Manchester 3, even though it is listed as "Liverpool". Their scan data for TS ID 44 is available here: http://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.ph...ng=en&mux=C059

I was reluctant to post any details revealed by the previous SDT analysis as it related to pack data and the details added were incomplete. A later scan shows that most of the "test" services now have pack flags for all packs except "Player". One of the tests still didn't have any pack flags added.

No further tests had been added to the NIT, so 15 of them remain SDT only. They still carried the entertainment flags and service mode 1 (which is "digital television service"). Bear in mind that VM also uses service mode 1 for EPG linked apps so that doesn't really give any clues.

So the test services remain a mystery.

That's ok, the time and trouble that you go to to provide this information is extremely helpful and appreciated as it is.

This further information is actually very helpful, because I think it blows my theory out of the water. If these were for BBC local radio or local news inserts, they'd be available on the free M/Player pack because all radio and PSB channels are. I think that everyone also gets apps, so it probably isn't for those either.

Maybe they are adding more Asian channels to compete with the new Sky arrangement for these?? Doubt that there are 14 though, so maybe Freesports is coming after all. As for SA, i'd have thought that would be in XL/Full House due to the cost, but in theory it's just another non premium Sky channel and should be in M+/Mix TV.
Old 23-10-2017, 19:40   #3127
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Well, I don't watch any of them myself, but thought i'd give the heads up for anyone that does.

I think that the only channels that people are really bothered about are UHD, Sky Atlantic, Freesports and possibly MTV Classics (that was removed in 2010) and maybe GOLD HD.

We have virtually everything now Max.
Forgot about History HD and CI HD.
Old 23-10-2017, 20:44   #3128
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Forgot about History HD and CI HD.
Premier Sports in HD (like sky) would be nice.

ITV Encore
Old 23-10-2017, 21:41   #3129
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice

I'd like to see Sky Atlantic, AMC, FreeSports, Pop Max, MTV Classic, Chart Show TV, Chart Show Hits and Scuzz.

It'll probably be JML, CNC World and Holiday & Cruise knowing VM, followed by a £5 price rise.
Old 23-10-2017, 22:29   #3130
Barriescott
cf.member

Barriescott is an unknown quantity at this point

And that is when I return to sky they don’t listen to the paying customer at all especially with the prospect of the loss of bt sports
Old 23-10-2017, 22:43   #3131
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post

ITV Encore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
I'd like to see Sky Atlantic, AMC, FreeSports, Pop Max, MTV Classic, Chart Show TV, Chart Show Hits and Scuzz.

It'll probably be JML, CNC World and Holiday & Cruise knowing VM, followed by a £5 price rise.
Hmmm, when you take into account all the various channels that could still be added, this could quite easily add up to 16.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barriescott View Post
And that is when I return to sky they don’t listen to the paying customer at all especially with the prospect of the loss of bt sports
Tbf that's not a certainly, at least not yet.
Old 23-10-2017, 22:48   #3132
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barriescott View Post
Every channel could potentially be lost apart from the PSBs. I wouldn't pay any particular attention to this rumour as such key deals are known only once the deals are done or not done, not months in advance!
Old 24-10-2017, 03:00   #3133
jj20x

Quote:
...they'd be available on the free M/Player pack...
It might be worth noting that M and Player aren't the same. Flags were present for the largely obsolete M Pack but not for the Player Pack, which seems a little odd.

Quote:
As for SA, i'd have thought that would be in XL/Full House due to the cost, but in theory it's just another non premium Sky channel and should be in M+/Mix TV.
Sky channels have their own unique combination of flags in the SDT and the test channels did not have any of those flags on the last scan data.

Old 24-10-2017, 09:29   #3134
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post

ITV Encore
Agreed, although it's fair to say that a lot of material on ITV Encore is also on ITV Collections in the on demand section. Not the new stuff, though, but there is very little of anything but repeats on that channel.
Old 24-10-2017, 13:56   #3135
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Radio Times has confirm that 'Spike' will become known as '5 Spike' on October 31st.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Closed Thread