Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Problem checking web mail

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Speed calibration phone call

Old 05-04-2017, 19:46   #1
david_w2k
cf.addict

david_w2k is on a distinguished roaddavid_w2k is on a distinguished road
Speed calibration phone call

Hello
Had 2 calls today from Virgin Media saying they wanted to do a speed calibration or tune up on my broadband service and were reviewing my Shub settings - first one I ended because I was busy and then got a second one but got cut off before the person could explain what they actually wanted to change...

Sounds a bit like one of those scams but pretty sure they were from VM as the only times my home phone has rung in 3 years as a customer is from them... Any idea what they actually wanted to do??
david_w2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2017, 19:50   #2
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: Speed calibration phone call

Its a scam, Virgin can change wifi settings etc remotley
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 22:08   #3
david_w2k
cf.addict

david_w2k is on a distinguished roaddavid_w2k is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Its a scam, Virgin can change wifi settings etc remotley
That is what they were offering to do I think until I got cut off
david_w2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 08:51   #4
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

I'd still say it was a scam, never known VM to proactively attempt to improve customers' wifi connections
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 13:22   #5
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

I dunno, I did get a letter through yesterday saying something like "5 steps to improve your wifi" so maybe there is some kind of campaign to do it.

Still, dunno why they're bothering.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 23:27   #6
DJSADERS
Ex - McNicholas Guildford

Services: Sky Q 1TB, 2 x Sky Q Minis, Virgin Media Business Voom Fibre 2
DJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to DJSADERS

possibly trying to provide a hub upgrade?
DJSADERS is offline   Reply With Quote