Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | YouTube problems

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

General TiVo Discussion Part 3

Old 20-02-2012, 16:29   #1
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
General TiVo Discussion Part 3

Please continue discussion of TiVo here please.

Original Threads

Vol. 1: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11...-page-408.html
Vol. 2: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11...-page-460.html
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-02-2012, 16:56   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 3.

Just so this isn't missed from the other thread

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...1049301#M46243

Quote:
Hi, we will be introducing reminders functionality to TiVo in our next phase code release. Will be able to provide more detail soon.

Thanks,
Nick Nick Ontiveros
TV Strategy, Digital Entertainment
Old 20-02-2012, 17:17   #3
dodgem22
cf.addict

Services: virgin tv phone and broadband giff gaff mobile
dodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about them

now I am tempted by Tivo with reminders being added. I know not important to everyone but they are to me. Hopefully will play nice with my new tv as it wouldnt with my LG so as some may know I had to send the Tivo back
dodgem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 17:38   #4
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud of

Quote:
Hi, we will be introducing reminders functionality to TiVo in our next phase code release. Will be able to provide more detail soon.

Thanks,
Nick Nick Ontiveros
Great news
toady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 18:08   #5
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

When is the next phase code release due and will this include the red button?
Old 20-02-2012, 18:17   #6
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
When is the next phase code release due and will this include the red button?
Apparently the red button features will be delivered via Apps so won't need an update to be introduced.
paultrademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 20:56   #7
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Seems a bit of a long winded way to access what was one key before....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 21:49   #8
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Seems a bit of a long winded way to access what was one key before....
It'll still be one key - iPlayer on TiVo is an app but can be accessed via the Red Button on the BBC channels
Old 20-02-2012, 22:00   #9
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Just so this isn't missed from the other thread

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...1049301#M46243
Quote:

Thanks,
Nick Nick Ontiveros
Nice. Baseball spring training starts soon and I use reminders a lot during the season to tune in when the games start. Hope they at least get them working before the World Series.
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 11:01   #10
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Bursting in to song ( be glad there is no sound) "One more step along the road we go"
Itshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 12:09   #11
Firmsky
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate ooomph
Firmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant future

I'm pleased with both of my TiVo's, when they add multi room streaming and sky sports red button I'll be happy. I'm not fussed about reminders as with the three tuners it's perfectly fine for me but I do understand others miss its functionality.
Firmsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 12:51   #12
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firmsky View Post
I'm pleased with both of my TiVo's, when they add multi room streaming and sky sports red button I'll be happy. I'm not fussed about reminders as with the three tuners it's perfectly fine for me but I do understand others miss its functionality.
Sorry can some in VERY simple terms to me what is multi room streaming ?
Old 21-02-2012, 12:54   #13
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Sorry can some in VERY simple terms to me what is multi room streaming ?
being able to view recorded programmes from one TiVo to another in your household.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 12:58   #14
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
being able to view recorded programmes from one TiVo to another in your household.
And when do you you think this will arrive at the station DF.
Old 21-02-2012, 12:59   #15
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post

thank you