Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | YouTube problems

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

How to delete a recording

Old 11-05-2017, 13:21   #1
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
How to delete a recording

I have a recording in My Shows which should not be there.

When you enter it there is no Delete option, there is a keep until option which is set to keep until I delete, also has keep through Thursday 1st June which even when I change reverts to 1st June.

On the right hand side it gives details of the content, date & time of recording, 2 hrs and message "someone in your household deleted it"

Attempting to play the recording gives a message box stating "Error playing a recording"

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2017, 13:32   #2
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: How to delete a recording

On the list of shows press the C key in the bottom left of the remote. That should delete it. It will also let you delete a folder of shows.
Old 11-05-2017, 14:34   #3
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
On the list of shows press the C key in the bottom left of the remote. That should delete it. It will also let you delete a folder of shows.

Thanks for the reply, I just tried it but unfortunately all it did was move the cursor down a line in the list of shows.
Old 11-05-2017, 14:38   #4
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Last edited by RobboEdin; 11-05-2017 at 15:41. Reason: Mis-read the OP.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 15:10   #5
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

There's a bug that's preventing users from deleting recordings. The only way that I've found to make it go away is to do a reboot.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 17:12   #6
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
There's a bug that's preventing users from deleting recordings. The only way that I've found to make it go away is to do a reboot.
C

Do you mean a standard reboot or wiping the hard disk?
Old 11-05-2017, 17:27   #7
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Switch the box off then on again.
Old 11-05-2017, 18:39   #8
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Switch the box off then on again.
By pulling the plug out and waiting 30 seconds before plugging in again is best, I find.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 19:42   #9
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
C

Do you mean a standard reboot or wiping the hard disk?
Just a standard reboot resolves it for me.

I found that the programme that wouldn't​ delete yesterday was in both My Shows and Deleted Recordings, so I'm not sure if this means the programme was taking up disc space or not!
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote