Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 14-12-2016, 01:58   #2371
philipp
Inactive

Services: vivid 200. 3 tivos with all main channels.
philipp is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

So we have changed all 3 tivo 500 gb boxes to V6 boxes and moved onto the VIP package + an extra box sorted out on Friday.

Getting a nice discount so its around £110 a month.

Getting installed on 23/12. Took the early date and close to xmas otherwise it would have been sometime in February.

Currently waiting for the contract email to come through or the myvirginmedia to update to show a bill so I can check whether we getting what they said we getting.
philipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-12-2016, 08:03   #2372
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Rang retentions...

V6 arriving 13/01... £49.95 waived- just paying £14.95 install.
Had to upgrade to 200mb BB from 150 though.
By changing phone from Talk w/e & eve to anytime, overall bill remaining the much the same (£3 less for 6 months- £2 more for remainder of new 18 months contract).

Happy with that.
Old 14-12-2016, 09:49   #2373
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipp View Post
So we have changed all 3 tivo 500 gb boxes to V6 boxes and moved onto the VIP package + an extra box sorted out on Friday.

Getting a nice discount so its around £110 a month.

Getting installed on 23/12. Took the early date and close to xmas otherwise it would have been sometime in February.

Currently waiting for the contract email to come through or the myvirginmedia to update to show a bill so I can check whether we getting what they said we getting.
£110 for VIP and 3 V6 boxes is a great deal mate...

VM's VIP package is really good. I've been on it a while now and cannot fault it. VM seem to look after you really well when you are on the top package too.
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2016, 10:22   #2374
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

I must admit I'm looking at VIP when my contract is up next month.

Currently paying £111/month with no movies, only talk anytime and only 1TiVo. If I can get a deal less than philip then I'll be happy, not fussed about extra boxes but I know what VM billing is like, I'm sure 1 box on VIP will cost more
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2016, 10:47   #2375
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
I must admit I'm looking at VIP when my contract is up next month.

Currently paying £111/month with no movies, only talk anytime and only 1TiVo. If I can get a deal less than philip then I'll be happy, not fussed about extra boxes but I know what VM billing is like, I'm sure 1 box on VIP will cost more
With the VIP you should get 2 boxes included. You'll definitely get the movies and sports, talk anytime and Vivid200 BB. If you paying £111 now, its definitely worth upgrading. You will get so much more value for money.

At the moment they quote £120 as the usual price (on VM website), but if you renewing your contract they are likely to throw in some discounts for you.

When I first switched over to the new VIP from the old one, signed a new contract, I got it for £107.20 - with the price rise recently it went to £110 so not bad. I also have 4 boxes on my account too.

Last edited by Ultimate.Conj; 14-12-2016 at 11:14.
Old 14-12-2016, 11:48   #2376
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
Rang retentions...

V6 arriving 13/01... £49.95 waived- just paying £14.95 install.
Had to upgrade to 200mb BB from 150 though.
By changing phone from Talk w/e & eve to anytime, overall bill remaining the much the same (£3 less for 6 months- £2 more for remainder of new 18 months contract).

Happy with that.
hope Virgin media gave you 1/2 price sky movies /sports ? i got £20 off a month
Rob King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2016, 13:10   #2377
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob King View Post
hope Virgin media gave you 1/2 price sky movies /sports ? i got £20 off a month
Nah, Wookie sorts that
Old 14-12-2016, 13:33   #2378
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
With the VIP you should get 2 boxes included. You'll definitely get the movies and sports, talk anytime and Vivid200 BB. If you paying £111 now, its definitely worth upgrading. You will get so much more value for money.

At the moment they quote £120 as the usual price (on VM website), but if you renewing your contract they are likely to throw in some discounts for you.

When I first switched over to the new VIP from the old one, signed a new contract, I got it for £107.20 - with the price rise recently it went to £110 so not bad. I also have 4 boxes on my account too.
Thanks for the info on VIP, it certainly is good value and if I can get it cheaper than what I'm paying now then it's a no brainer. I did notice that calls to mobiles are included too, I was quite surprised (Unless I misread it and it's VM mobiles only)

Hopefully the V6 deals are still around by the time my contract is up although I may phone up before Christmas and see if they can offer anything early. Always worth a call.
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2016, 13:53   #2379
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
Thanks for the info on VIP, it certainly is good value and if I can get it cheaper than what I'm paying now then it's a no brainer. I did notice that calls to mobiles are included too, I was quite surprised (Unless I misread it and it's VM mobiles only)

Hopefully the V6 deals are still around by the time my contract is up although I may phone up before Christmas and see if they can offer anything early. Always worth a call.
Yep it is VM mobiles unfortunately.

If you are going to the VIP package, I would think VM would sort you out with a V6 deal...they want you to stay with them after all

Whenever my contract is near to expiring or a discount they have given me, I usually go on the online chat and they sort me out with something different, usually reduces the price too. Can't complain from my end.
Old 14-12-2016, 14:02   #2380
markliffen@googl
Inactive

markliffen@googl is on a distinguished roadmarkliffen@googl is on a distinguished road

Well that's my 2x v6 all installed it's taken lots of phone calls but finally have 2xv6 installed at the correct price . So I'm happy . Boxes are fast
markliffen@googl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2016, 14:04   #2381
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
No, it's not. Excluding Talk Weekends, all the current plans cover calls to all UK mobiles within their inclusive call period.

That's been the case since July http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...php?t=33703247

Customers on the previous plans do have to specifically change to the new ones, but any new changes will go onto the new plans.
Old 14-12-2016, 14:11   #2382
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
No, it's not. Excluding Talk Weekends, all the current plans cover calls to all UK mobiles within their inclusive call period.

That's been the case since July http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...php?t=33703247

Customers on the previous plans do have to specifically change to the new ones, but any new changes will go onto the new plans.
Are you sure?

I have Talk Anytime and when I called the missus on her non-VM network, I was charged for the call. Do I need to contact them to activate it?
Old 14-12-2016, 14:18   #2383
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:

If you are going to the VIP package, I would think VM would sort you out with a V6 deal...they want you to stay with them after all

Whenever my contract is near to expiring or a discount they have given me, I usually go on the online chat and they sort me out with something different, usually reduces the price too. Can't complain from my end.

Talk more anytime is the phone package with free calls to any UK mobile as well as landlines. It's the one they put me on when I ordered the V6 box as part of the new deal. I was very surprised and very pleased about it though.

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/phon...g&gclsrc=aw.ds

Talk More Anytime

Inclusive unlimited anytime calls to UK landlines and UK mobiles, plus calls to 0845 and 0870 numbersϪ.
Talk More Anytime can only be added as an upgrade to Talk Weekends, once you’re already a subscriber

---------- Post added at 14:18 ---------- Previous post was at 14:15 ----------

Quote:

Talk more anytime is the phone package with free calls to any UK mobile as well as landlines. It's the one they put me on when I ordered the V6 box as part of the new deal. I was very surprised and very pleased about it though.

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/phon...g&gclsrc=aw.ds

Talk More Anytime

Inclusive unlimited anytime calls to UK landlines and UK mobiles, plus calls to 0845 and 0870 numbersϪ.
Talk More Anytime can only be added as an upgrade to Talk Weekends, once you’re already a subscriber

Edit: Ben beat me to it.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2016, 14:20   #2384
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Bloody hell I never knew that lol

Cheers for the info Ben, PB...Always happy to learn new things.
Makes the VIP that bit more better than I guess :-)
Old 14-12-2016, 14:20   #2385
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Are you sure?

I have Talk Anytime and when I called the missus on her non-VM network, I was charged for the call. Do I need to contact them to activate it?
Double check what it says on your bill, not on the main My VM.

There is a bug on the My VM homepage at the moment where the older Talk Plans which only cover VM Mobiles e.g Talk Unlimited show as the new plans that cover all UK Mobiles.

It's the only place it is wrong. On your main bill it's correct and your charges align to that.