Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Telco Services Discussion

Switching Mobile companies

Old 27-10-2022, 13:28   #1
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts
Switching Mobile companies

Until April next year I'm locked in a contract with EE which I've been with since 2002 but over past 3 months I've had nothing but problems with signal and text messages not being delivered.

My question is simply how easy is it now to switch mobile companies and if so how do I carry my number across?

Thanks.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-10-2022, 13:31   #2
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: Switching Mobile companies

Yes it is easy. You choose your deal with whoever and then request a PAC number from EE (log in to My EE to get your code by text. Go to Menu > Account settings > Leave EE) and then pass it to the new company.

Sometimes the new company will have an option to add the PAC when you sign up then when you activate the new sim it will normally take your old number within 24 hours or so

If you are in contract with EE however they will likely want paying for ending contract early. Might be worth complaining about issues and try to get out of contract due to them
Old 27-10-2022, 14:13   #3
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

I've tried complaining about the service, they put it down to Maintenance on a mast that was 3 months ago.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2022, 14:38   #4
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Read your contract and see what is says about their responsibilities to provide server and then complain about the breaches they make when your service is not working. Without grounds they will expect you to pay out your service.

Have you considered Whatsapp for messages and calls? ask your main contacts if they use it
Old 27-10-2022, 16:27   #5
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I've just switched from 3 to Smarty and it was incredibly easy, no need to talk to a human just request the PAC code via text and sign up to someone else and give them the code when you activate the new sim, that will then close the old account and transfer the number.

I'm really happy with my Smarty for £10 a month 30 day contract.
Old 27-10-2022, 20:54   #6
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I've just switched from 3 to Smarty and it was incredibly easy, no need to talk to a human just request the PAC code via text and sign up to someone else and give them the code when you activate the new sim, that will then close the old account and transfer the number.

I'm really happy with my Smarty for £10 a month 30 day contract.
but the existing contract needs a convo
Old 27-10-2022, 21:39   #7
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
but the existing contract needs a convo
Good point I didn't really read the post just the title.