Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Introduce a friend?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Introduce a friend?

Old 25-06-2011, 20:06   #16
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Introduce a friend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieBean View Post
A few years ago I recommended a friend, after the affect I heard nothing and received
nothing.

and since other incidents with VM, I would not recommend a stranger never mind a friend
The process has changed since then
Old 01-07-2011, 01:32   #17
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

What do staff get if they manage to introduce a new customer to the company? Do they just get the same as the rest of us?
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 18:36   #18
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

I wish I could do this but I have got no friends
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:40   #19
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
I wish I could do this but I have got no friends
You're a friend to everyone in this community. Only problem is we all seem to have Virgin already so your still stuffed
Old 02-07-2011, 10:18   #20
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
You're a friend to everyone in this community. Only problem is we all seem to have Virgin already so your still stuffed
Good one. LOL
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 17:32   #21
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
What do staff get if they manage to introduce a new customer to the company? Do they just get the same as the rest of us?
Depends

If staff go through the Connect a Friend process, then yes they get the same as everyone else

If they go through the Mates Rates, which gives the friend an offer on a specific set of services, the staff member gets nothing
Old 05-07-2011, 22:16   #22
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Depends

If staff go through the Connect a Friend process, then yes they get the same as everyone else

If they go through the Mates Rates, which gives the friend an offer on a specific set of services, the staff member gets nothing
Very interesting. What value do Mate Rate customers add to Virgin, if any? The only person who seems to be benefiting is your mate, on the rates.
Old 05-07-2011, 22:48   #23
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Well Virgin go from at the least £0 per Mate, to some ££ per mate, seems be be a positive to me
Old 05-07-2011, 23:23   #24
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Well Virgin go from at the least £0 per Mate, to some ££ per mate, seems be be a positive to me
Can't argue there.
Old 28-10-2011, 00:16   #25
Chrystal86
Inactive

Services: Broadband L / TV M+ / Phone M
Chrystal86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Introduce a friend?

Sorry to drag up an old thread but did a quick search on here for 'refer a friend' and found this thread so thought I would ask here...

Quote:
The process has changed since then
How has the process changed exactly? The reason I ask, I referred a friend back in early September and Virgin contacted them and they went ahead and got Virgin broadband. He got his free installation (as advertised when I went to the refer a friend link) but what about my £50 credit? Am I meant to hear something from Virgin? because I haven't and I am just unsure how it works really. I have emailed them twice now, first time over a week ago and again the other day, via the link in my email that I received directly after entering my friends details last month
Quote:
You can keep tabs on your mates (and credits) by checking their order status. Just go to ....................
And when I go to the Refferal Status page it just says:
Quote:
Phone a friend
We’ve sent your friend’s details to our sales team. One of our agents will phone them soon.

I still haven't received a reply to any of my emails.
Chrystal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2011, 11:49   #26
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

You'll get your £50 after he's paid his first bill
Old 28-10-2011, 12:01   #27
Boaz
cf.addict

Boaz is just really niceBoaz is just really niceBoaz is just really niceBoaz is just really niceBoaz is just really niceBoaz is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrystal86 View Post
Sorry to drag up an old thread but did a quick search on here for 'refer a friend' and found this thread so thought I would ask here...

How has the process changed exactly? The reason I ask, I referred a friend back in early September and Virgin contacted them and they went ahead and got Virgin broadband. He got his free installation (as advertised when I went to the refer a friend link) but what about my £50 credit? Am I meant to hear something from Virgin? because I haven't and I am just unsure how it works really. I have emailed them twice now, first time over a week ago and again the other day, via the link in my email that I received directly after entering my friends details last month

And when I go to the Refferal Status page it just says:

I still haven't received a reply to any of my emails.
You would be better off phoning them and they send a query form on to the right department, although I had to do this twice. After 3 calls in total I did in the end get my £50 friend referral. Also what Ben said.
Boaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 19:32   #28
Chrystal86
Inactive

Services: Broadband L / TV M+ / Phone M
Chrystal86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
You'll get your £50 after he's paid his first bill
I understand that part of the process, but I just wondered if I am meant to be contacted by Virgin in anyway or is it a case of just checking my online monthly statement to see if the £50 credit has been applied.

I should have got the £50 by now seeing as it's nearly 2 months since my friends internet was installed so they would have paid their first bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
You would be better off phoning them and they send a query form on to the right department, although I had to do this twice. After 3 calls in total I did in the end get my £50 friend referral. Also what Ben said.
I think I will have to phone them then as I still haven't received a reply to my two emails.
Chrystal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 16:02   #29
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Is there any timescale from "recommending" the friend, to them receiving a call from VM? I recommended last weekend, and was expecting the new customer to hear from Virgin during the week at least. Nothing yet. I hope I haven't got to start chasing them and creating more problems... Telewest's lack of joined-up admin is one reason they've not had cable for several years.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 19:10   #30
nutellajunkie
Inactive

nutellajunkie will become famous soon enoughnutellajunkie will become famous soon enoughnutellajunkie will become famous soon enough

trust me, you will HAVE to fight to get your credit..

it took me FIVE sodden months to finally get the "oh yes, its here, you did introduce your brother"... and another two to get the credit showing up on my bill.

oh and that was after getting someone saying "he needs to pay THREE bills"...

why do we have to fight so much with Virgin these days?? Why cant they just be upfront and honest with us?
nutellajunkie is offline   Reply With Quote