Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] The News Corp scandal

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

[Update] The News Corp scandal

Old 17-04-2011, 15:15   #16
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Update on Phone-hacking inquiry: News of the World Apologises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Well they would say that. As I understand it, by making offers in settlement at this stage the NOTW forces any litigants to consider the risk that should any subsequent award of damages made by the courts be less than the offer already made to them, the litigant will be liable for potentially massive costs.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-05-2011, 14:09   #17
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Well Sienna's settled for £100k:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13390991
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2011, 17:58   #18
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Why am I not surprised.
Old 04-07-2011, 17:48   #19
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/ju...-news-of-world

Quote:
The News of the World illegally targeted the missing schoolgirl Milly Dowler and her family in March 2002, interfering with police inquiries into her disappearance, an investigation by the Guardian has established...

...During the last four weeks the Met officers have approached Surrey police and taken formal statements from some of those involved in the original inquiry, who were concerned about how News of the World journalists intercepted – and deleted – the voicemail messages of Milly Dowler.

The messages were deleted by journalists in the first few days after Milly's disappearance so as to free up space for more messages. As a result friends and relatives of Milly concluded wrongly that she might still be alive. Police feared evidence may have been destroyed.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 17:52   #20
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
If this is correct the people that have done this want to be done for aiding and abetting, As they seemed to have helped the killer in regards to this. This is just my opinion?
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 18:01   #21
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
If this is correct the people that have done this want to be done for aiding and abetting, As they seemed to have helped the killer in regards to this. This is just my opinion?
No evidence they helped the killer as I am guessing he didn't phone her. Just more evidence of the insensitive and callous nature of some of our press. You would think the journalists involved would feel bad about it but I am really beginning to wonder about these people....Used to think it was simply the editors enforcing a line but now I think the journalists really think this behaviour is ok.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 18:32   #22
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
No evidence they helped the killer as I am guessing he didn't phone her. Just more evidence of the insensitive and callous nature of some of our press. You would think the journalists involved would feel bad about it but I am really beginning to wonder about these people....Used to think it was simply the editors enforcing a line but now I think the journalists really think this behaviour is ok.
Well said, But sorry should have said it better? When they deleted the messages they could have been really important in the case? Sorry I will get my coat?
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 18:48   #23
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Remind me again why its a good thing to allow Murdock owner of the News of the screws even more access to the media via Sky ?????

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 19:01   #24
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Remind me again why its a good thing to allow Murdock owner of the News of the screws even more access to the media via Sky ?????
he has political friends and is Teflon coated
Old 04-07-2011, 19:10   #25
cookie_365
Inactive

cookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronze
cookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronze

Quote:
And the fact that Rebekah Brooks, who was editor at the time, happens to be a very good friend of a Mr D Cameron is pure coincidence
cookie_365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 19:46   #26
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie_365 View Post
And the fact that Rebekah Brooks, who was editor at the time, happens to be a very good friend of a Mr D Cameron is pure coincidence
And at the time, was, and still is, a good friend of Tony & Cherie Blair - it's what these people do; mix with the people in power.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 20:09   #27
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

What totally and completely amoral swine...

If it wasn't for the small band of decent hardworking proper investigative journalists I'd be calling for them all to be hung drawn and quartered..
Old 04-07-2011, 20:48   #28
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

CF's Ts&Cs prohibit me from using the kind of language I would like to use to describe the **** involved in these allegations.

Absolutely, completely, and utterly disgusting
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 20:53   #29
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie_365 View Post
Don't worry i feel the government need to get a grip of this very soon. They should never have allowed the Murdock's to buy all the shares for sky. Murdock will soon have total dominance of the UK news media

---------- Post added at 19:53 ---------- Previous post was at 19:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
What totally and completely amoral swine...

If it wasn't for the small band of decent hardworking proper investigative journalists I'd be calling for them all to be hung drawn and quartered..
Just do it

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 20:56   #30
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Don't worry i feel the government need to get a grip of this very soon. They should never have allowed the Murdock's to buy all the shares for sky. Murdock will soon have total dominance of the UK news media

---------- Post added at 19:53 ---------- Previous post was at 19:52 ----------

Just do it
There are still some journalists to whom this sort of behaviour is abhorrent..Mind the turds that did this weren't journalists by any stretching of the word.