Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What Pay channels does your house watch or record at least once a week ?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

V6 upgrade costs

Old 25-02-2017, 12:49   #1
warrenb
cf.addict

Services: VIP50 + 2 Virgin Mobiles + Mobile Broadband
warrenb is an unknown quantity at this point
V6 upgrade costs

I just called VM to upgrade my services to Vip. I checked on the website and it comes with two v6 boxes.
I have been told as I already have tivo there a swap charge of 64.95. I thought OK but at least the other box I will get will be a v6. Not so, as I am existing customer it would be another tivo and to replace that with a v6 would be another 64.95.
Then to rub salt into the wound I was told the earliest Install dates was the 25th April.
I suspect people can guess what my reaction was.
So £70 loss for VM a month

Last edited by warrenb; 25-02-2017 at 13:01.
warrenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-02-2017, 13:08   #2
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one
Re: V6 upgrade costs

This page from the VM community forum should give the definitive answer as concerns existing customer pricing, although even some CS staff cant seem to grasp it:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...ght/true#M2437

Also if you dont have a second box already this will push the price up.

Last edited by nodrogd; 25-02-2017 at 13:11.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2017, 17:07   #3
warrenb
cf.addict

I have 2 issues
1) a 2 month wait for installation
2) vip has 2 boxes which for new customers are both v6 boxes. OK I have a tivo so charge me to swap that out. But surely one box should be a v6 with no additional charge as it is the vip package that should have 2 boxes.
Old 25-02-2017, 18:05   #4
Lone Star
cf.member

Lone Star is on a distinguished roadLone Star is on a distinguished road

I had been on VIP for quite a few years, with a V+HD and an original 500Mb TiVo. On Monday 20 Feb I called Customer Services to enquire about upgrading the V+HD to a V6.

After some discussion I was told that I could update both boxes to V6 for a one-off payment of £64.95. Monthly cost would be £94.75 for 9 months, rising to £120 pm thereafter. As this seemed like a no-brainer to me, I signed up. The installation took place on Thursday 23 February with no issues whatsoever and I am now enjoying all the benefits of V6s, including a noticeably sharper picture than I was getting from the V+HD.

Looks like there may be a bit of a postcode lottery on installation dates! As to the additional charge to swap out the TiVo, that was never even suggested to me at any stage.
Lone Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2017, 18:47   #5
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenb View Post
I have 2 issues
1) a 2 month wait for installation
2) vip has 2 boxes which for new customers are both v6 boxes. OK I have a tivo so charge me to swap that out. But surely one box should be a v6 with no additional charge as it is the vip package that should have 2 boxes.
But you're not a new customer.

If upgrading to VIP the monthly price is £120 and a one off cost of £64.95 for two V6 boxes.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2017, 21:33   #6
Bananaman_007
Inactive

Bananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really nice

I was tole via online chat that i could not have a T6 box without starting a new contract which would lose all my discounts. I explained to the gentleman i was not changing my contract just a box but was denied.
Bananaman_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2017, 12:50   #7
rexie
Inactive

rexie is an unknown quantity at this point

What should be the V6 upgrade costs? I have full house, vivid 200 and talk anytime.
rexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2017, 14:35   #8
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexie View Post
What should be the V6 upgrade costs? I have full house, vivid 200 and talk anytime.
Go to the link in post No.2
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2017, 12:45   #9
warrenb
cf.addict

OK, armed with the info from the link I shall attempt another call and see what I get quoted this time.
It is lie a lottery isn't it.

---------- Post added at 11:45 ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 ----------

Live chat the way to go, all sorted with an install date 6 weeks before the previously quoted. 2 V6 boxes for a 64.95 swap out of the Tivo