Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S President: Donald Trump

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

U.S President: Donald Trump
Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 10:12   #2011
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Trump may be responsible for the country booming or it may be booming in spite of him, that's not the debate. Perceptions matter and the country feels that Trump is not performing well as a US president compared to his predecessors.
Er, you cannot not dictate what the debate is, just because it does not suit your agenda.

And the bit of your quote I have bolded... Why have you asked the entire country?

---------- Post added at 10:12 ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Jim Justice was a registered Republican until February 2015 - he's just switched back.
Which is even more telling on the failing corrupt Democrats.
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2017, 10:44   #2012
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Then according to that premis Macron is performing just as badly as Trump. His approval rating has dropped to 36%.
If that's a valid poll then yes of course.

---------- Post added at 10:44 ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Er, you cannot not dictate what the debate is, just because it does not suit your agenda.

And the bit of your quote I have bolded... Why have you asked the entire country?
To avoid any ambiguity, the definition of country being asked is the US not UK. Doubtless there are other indicators of success than approval ratings but it's seen as a key indicator which shouldn't be discarded because it's an inconvenient truth.

Last edited by 1andrew1; 06-08-2017 at 10:59. Reason: change USA to UK as Mick spotted typo
Old 06-08-2017, 10:51   #2013
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
If that's a valid poll then yes of course.

---------- Post added at 10:44 ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 ----------

To avoid any ambiguity, the definition of country being asked is the US not USA. Doubtless there are other indicators of success than approval ratings but it's seen as a key indicator which shouldn't be discarded because it's an inconvenient truth.
Er US, is the USA.

What part of I don't accept nor do I trust opinion polls, do you not understand ?

Polls can be and have been wrong in recent times and completely off the mark.

They can also be manipulated to suit the pathetic liberal media.
Old 06-08-2017, 10:58   #2014
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Er US, is the USA.

What part of I don't accept nor do I trust opinion polls, do you not understand ?

Polls can be and have been wrong in recent times and completely off the mark.

They can also be manipulated to suit the pathetic liberal media.
Thanks, lol, sorry I should have said UK not USA my bad. Have now corrected.
Some polls can be close, some can be wrong. There's been so many over a long period of time as that site has analysed that we can't simply explain this away in the way that you do. Being generous, your approach might explain a single poll but not hundreds.
Old 06-08-2017, 11:07   #2015
Mick
Cable Forum Team

I'm confused as to why you have brought the UK in this debate. I've not brought them up, nor was discussing them?
Old 06-08-2017, 11:35   #2016
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I'm confused as to why you have brought the UK in this debate. I've not brought them up, nor was discussing them?
Maybe a misunderstanding between us. You said "Why have you asked the entire country?" so I wanted to clarify which country the polls were asking.
Old 06-08-2017, 13:29   #2017
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Maybe a misunderstanding between us. You said "Why have you asked the entire country?" so I wanted to clarify which country the polls were asking.
Well, since we are discussing the U.S President, I thought when I mentioned country, it was obvious which country I was referring to.
Old 06-08-2017, 18:03   #2018
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Oops, New York Times at it again with Fake News. This time upsetting Vice President Mike Pence, suggesting he is going to run against Trump in 2020 U.S Election.

Mike Pence has issued a statement saying the NYT article is 'Disgraceful and offensive and the allegations are categorically false.'

https://twitter.com/VP
Old 06-08-2017, 18:26   #2019
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Oops, New York Times at it again with Fake News. This time upsetting Vice President Mike Pence, suggesting he is going to run against Trump in 2020 U.S Election.

Mike Pence has issued a statement saying the NYT article is 'Disgraceful and offensive and the allegations are categorically false.'

https://twitter.com/VP
No. They didn't say he was running against Trump, they said he was getting ready to run if Trump did not. People can just read for themselves: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/05/u...sse-pence.html

Quote:
In most cases, the shadow candidates and their operatives have signaled that they are preparing only in case Mr. Trump is not available in 2020. Most significant, multiple advisers to Mr. Pence have already intimated to party donors that he would plan to run if Mr. Trump did not.
Anyway is this another of NYTimes 'fake news' articles before it's confirmed? Like Flynn talking to the Russian ambassador? Or Corney's Memos? Between Trump and the NYTimes only one of them keeps getting found out for lying.
Old 06-08-2017, 19:27   #2020
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
No. They didn't say he was running against Trump, they said he was getting ready to run if Trump did not. People can just read for themselves: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/05/u...sse-pence.html

Anyway is this another of NYTimes 'fake news' articles before it's confirmed? Like Flynn talking to the Russian ambassador? Or Corney's Memos? Between Trump and the NYTimes only one of them keeps getting found out for lying.
I just saw Pence's tweet and reacted to it, I don't read the liberal gutter press, NYT if I can help it. I certainly didn't read this shoddy story. They are clearly still wrong with the article either way, given Pence's tweet.

I avoid their crap all the time. Even more so now with their actions with the Manchester Arena Photos and helping to leak our intelligence, they have no ethics. A gutter press organisation, that made it personal by publishing those photos of my city, when it was in it's moment of need.

Btw, I've noticed you keep referring to James Comey, as Corney, it is Comey not Corney. Although I prefer Corny for him actually for the 'corny' investigations he undertook.
Old 06-08-2017, 19:41   #2021
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
I just saw Pence's tweet and reacted to it, I don't read the liberal gutter press, NYT if I can help it. I certainly didn't read this shoddy story. They are clearly still wrong with the article either way, given Pence's tweet.
Or Pence is covering himself. The object of a story denying it is not proof it's wrong. Politicians deny stuff all the time.

Quote:
I avoid their crap all the time. Even more so now with their actions with the Manchester Arena Photos and helping to leak our intelligence, they have no ethics. A gutter press organisation, that made it personal by publishing those photos of my city, when it was in it's moment of need.
I agree they shouldn't have published the photos but their reporting record is very good. We need more news organisations like the NYTimes as opposed to the alternative media we seem to get now. People who research and break stories.

Quote:
Btw, I've noticed you keep referring to James Comey, as Corney, it is Comey not Corney. Although I prefer Corny for him actually for the 'corny' investigations he undertook.
My bad.
Old 06-08-2017, 19:43   #2022
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Or Pence is covering himself. The object of a story denying it is not proof it's wrong. Politicians deny stuff all the time.

I agree they shouldn't have published the photos but their reporting record is very good. We need more news organisations like the NYTimes as opposed to the alternative media we seem to get now. People who research and break stories.

My bad.
Just so it's clear, I'm no fan of these 'Alternative facts' sites, I think majority of the time and their headlines are just 'click bait'.
Old 06-08-2017, 20:49   #2023
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Spot on. We need more organisations with robust finances like The New York Times that hold presidents of all parties to account rather than poorly-resourced click bait titles or overtly biased media like the Washington Examiner, RT and Fox News that prefer to peddle a line at the expense of journalistic values.
My worry is how pretty objective titles like the New York Times can thrive in the future as the world gets more partisan and people just want to hear echo chambers of their political party confirming their views and prejudices.
We're fortunate in the UK to have authoritative titles like The Times, The Telegraph, The Financial Times and The Guardian that although have their own editorial viewpoints, have the resources and integrity to investigate matters. We also have strong regulations on the impartiality of TV news reporting. I don't think they stopped the BBC from being more like the Brexit Broadcasting Corporation in Spring/Summer 2016 but they are a good idea.
Old 06-08-2017, 21:02   #2024
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Plee=nty of reports from staffers denying it before Pence issued a statement.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...administration

http://www.newsweek.com/mike-pence-2...n-trump-646994

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...-insists-will/

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...shful-thinking
Old 06-08-2017, 22:12   #2025
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

I can only see one staffer - his press secretary.

I don't even think it's that outrageous a suggestion that the VP is plotting a path to the nomination in the event the President doesn't run. Trump winning may have been a shock to political assumptions but not the extent it's killed off political ambition.

The interesting part, which is backed by quotes from Republicans happy to be named, is that there is a buzz and movement on nominees for 2020 at all.

---------- Post added at 22:12 ---------- Previous post was at 22:11 ----------

Quote:
We're fortunate in the UK to have authoritative titles like The Times, The Telegraph, The Financial Times and The Guardian that although have their own editorial viewpoints, have the resources and integrity to investigate matters..
The Telegraph and The Guardian have gone down the pan. Too many opinion articles and click-bait as opposed to news. Both have fired so many reporters. The Times and the FT are good.
Closed Thread