Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Hundreds attend protest after 3 cyclists killed on streets of London in under a week

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Hundreds attend protest after 3 cyclists killed on streets of London in under a week

Old 21-02-2017, 22:56   #106
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Hundreds attend protest after 3 cyclists killed on streets of London in under a w

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
http://road.cc/content/news/217872-g...ing-successful

Didn't know this had been done by other forces..... may help those who drive without courtesy
Question though will they nick any cyclist that breaks the law?
Old 22-02-2017, 00:01   #107
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Re: Hundreds attend protest after 3 cyclists killed on streets of London in under a w

To me, and l cycle. About 60% of cyclists are totally bonkers. And shouldn't be allowed t ride Cycle.

I have seen cyclist risk there OWN lives by jumping red lights, going over a roundabout like crazy people. No lights at night, cycle on pavements.

And if l hit a cyclist's. Then l will be in the wrong. 'undue care and attention' under the law for motorist.

IF, a cycle knocks me down on a pavement. And this has happened several times. They will cycle straight away.

Who pays my wages, if l am off work for several weeks.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2017, 01:47   #108
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Question though will they nick any cyclist that breaks the law?
No. Officers on close-pass duty will only deal with danger to cyclists. This will mean they may have to ignore say, an armed robbery or kidnapping, to give priority to protecting cyclists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
To me, and l cycle. About 60% of cyclists are totally bonkers. And shouldn't be allowed t ride Cycle.

I have seen cyclist risk there OWN lives by jumping red lights, going over a roundabout like crazy people. No lights at night, cycle on pavements.

And if l hit a cyclist's. Then l will be in the wrong. 'undue care and attention' under the law for motorist.

IF, a cycle knocks me down on a pavement. And this has happened several times. They will cycle straight away.

Who pays my wages, if l am off work for several weeks.
Arthur, we need to do something about the very high percentage of cyclists who are totally bonkers. Could you give up riding please?
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2017, 09:54   #109
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Yesterday I was waiting to cross (pedestrian) at a set of traffic lights on the very busy A27 when a lycra clad moron went hurtling through a red light that had been red for at least 2 seconds. If any motorist on the road crossing here had been quick off the mark the cyclist would have been dead.

Only glad that I would have been a witness to put the blame where it lies.
Old 22-02-2017, 13:27   #110
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Yesterday I was waiting to cross (pedestrian) at a set of traffic lights on the very busy A27 when a lycra clad moron went hurtling through a red light that had been red for at least 2 seconds. If any motorist on the road crossing here had been quick off the mark the cyclist would have been dead.

Only glad that I would have been a witness to put the blame where it lies.
But was it worth your waiting all day in your anorak, at the side of a very busy A road, just so that you could have something negative to report about one of the 'Lycra clad morons'?

Does your transparent bias permit you to report how many motoring transgressions you witness?
Old 22-02-2017, 14:05   #111
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
But was it worth your waiting all day in your anorak, at the side of a very busy A road, just so that you could have something negative to report about one of the 'Lycra clad morons'?

Does your transparent bias permit you to report how many motoring transgressions you witness?
Now you're just being silly.
Old 22-02-2017, 14:20   #112
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Now you're just being silly.
I thought we all were
Old 22-02-2017, 14:22   #113
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
I think you mean "without due care and attention".
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2017, 14:33   #114
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Real or fake????

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...-a3473006.html
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2017, 15:40   #115
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Bloomsbury, could be either!
Old 22-02-2017, 19:01   #116
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

when the cyclist went from victim to criminal in one move. Or not

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...e-all-it-seems

Last edited by Hom3r; 22-02-2017 at 19:57.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2017, 19:14   #117
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

It's fake but when I first saw it couldn't help but feel justice was served
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 00:49   #118
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
It's fake but when I first saw it couldn't help but feel justice was served
Well said, that's how I felt. If I'd said it though, a lynch mob would have gathered .