Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What have you just bought?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

What have you just bought?

Old 26-11-2017, 11:04   #3931
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 70M SHUB thingy in modem mode XL TV VboxHD Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny stars
heero_yuy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: What have you just bought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
i hope it's the Mail
Sun on Sunday: All that salacious gossip.
Advertisement
Old 26-11-2017, 12:09   #3932
denphone
Still alive and happy

Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
i hope it's the Mail
Educational reading this time of the day l would say.
Old 27-11-2017, 22:03   #3933
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: BT, Sky multiroom (Sky+HD), BT Infinity Option 2
MadGamer has a nice shiny star

Complete Harry Potter boxset in 4K UHD
Old 28-11-2017, 14:55   #3934
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

This TV although it was cheaper when I got it

http://www.very.co.uk/hisense-h55n55...35&Ntt=hisense
Is anybody here still left alive!?
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2017, 15:51   #3935
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 70M SHUB thingy in modem mode XL TV VboxHD Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny starsheero_yuy has a pair of shiny stars

A new pinch roller (£2.85 Ebay) to help in re-furbishing my Akai GXC-38D cassette deck. It'll need slight fettling to fit as it's not an exact Akai part but it's close enough.

I'll also need a suitable main belt as it's got a kink in it from having not been used for some time.

I'll have to bring the electronics up gently to allow the capacitors to re-form. I may need to replace them. All the switches and sliders will need the magic engineers' spray. Be nice to have a vintage bit of kit working again.

GXC-38D.jpg
Old 30-11-2017, 16:26   #3936
Osem
Expose lies & hypocrisy
Shark Attack Champion, Pacman Champion, Air Attack 3 Champion, MiniPool Champion

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
A new pinch roller (£2.85 Ebay) to help in re-furbishing my Akai GXC-38D cassette deck. It'll need slight fettling to fit as it's not an exact Akai part but it's close enough.

I'll also need a suitable main belt as it's got a kink in it from having not been used for some time.

I'll have to bring the electronics up gently to allow the capacitors to re-form. I may need to replace them. All the switches and sliders will need the magic engineers' spray. Be nice to have a vintage bit of kit working again.

Attachment 27157
Blimey I remember those from the days when Akai wasn't a very decent hi-fi brand.

Hope this is going in the what have you fixed lately thread...

Same old lies, same old Labour.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2017, 18:44   #3937
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Blimey I remember those from the days when Akai wasn't a very decent hi-fi brand.
Akai tape decks had a good name, don't know about the rest. I also have the reel-to-reel DS4000. (Dolby @ 7 1/2 inches / sec was always decent) This always looks good with the metal spools.

Quote:
Hope this is going in the what have you fixed lately thread...
Likely.

Want these back to be able to play some classic recordings from The Old Grey Whistle Test and Sounds of the Seventies including some live concerts
Old 30-11-2017, 18:57   #3938
Paul M
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM Phone : Sky TV : VM Cable (350 Mbps) : Sky BB (38 Mbps)
Paul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny stars
Paul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
Complete Harry Potter boxset in 4K UHD
Did you buy a 4K TV as well

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2017, 20:33   #3939
denphone
Still alive and happy

denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling

A new kitchen bin
Old 01-12-2017, 18:42   #3940
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

750g beef topside\top rump joint, was £11.06. Mine for £3.50.

Popped in the freezer for a future Sunday dinner.
Old 01-12-2017, 19:08   #3941
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronze
nashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronze

Beer for Hubby,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 23:49   #3942
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: BT, Sky multiroom (Sky+HD), BT Infinity Option 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Did you buy a 4K TV as well
already got one. Just needed a boxset in 4K to test it. Luckily the Xbox One X has a 4K blu Ray player 🙂
Old 03-12-2017, 12:46   #3943
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
already got one. Just needed a boxset in 4K to test it. Luckily the Xbox One X has a 4K blu Ray player ��
Have they fixed the issues with the Xbox One X UHD player as it was proved to be really terrible compared to the Xbox One S or other UHD players, i think it needed a software update?

Looks like it maybe fixed or have 1 soon.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarc.../#3ba431495a0c
Old 04-12-2017, 14:03   #3944
denphone
Still alive and happy

Bits and bobs at B&M's,
Old 04-12-2017, 14:29   #3945
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Bought, or more accurately redeemed the mortgage on my house using some of my inheritance with a CHAPS transfer at the bank this morning. I will officially own the freehold. YAY!