Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Business Hitron cgnv4 Port Forwarding

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Virgin Business Hitron cgnv4 Port Forwarding

Old 26-09-2016, 14:35   #1
90Ninety
Inactive

90Ninety is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin Business Hitron cgnv4 Port Forwarding

Has anyone managed to get ports forwarded on the Hitron CGNV4 ?

If not , what is the solution ; should I put the Hitron in Modem only mode and get a secondary router to port forward ?

Virgin business are currently having problems with Static Public Ip Addresses , I like many others on Virgin Business can only use Dynamic Public IP address option - as the service is flaky with Static IP
90Ninety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-03-2017, 16:11   #2
vsn
Inactive

vsn is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Business Hitron cgnv4 Port Forwarding

Did you ever get port forwarding to work with Dynamic Public IP address?

It worked OK with the Static Public IP address, but then packets larger than 1300 octets went going down a black hole...
vsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 14:51   #3
bradleyem
Inactive

bradleyem is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi.

I'm stuck with port forwarding too on the CGNV4 - have a single static IP, and I'm sure forwarding is all configured correctly, but it just doesn't work. Is it just me?

Brad
bradleyem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 22:30   #4
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era

My Hitron had a firmware upgrade overnight. The only difference I can see so far is removal of all reference of WiFi (which I had previously disabled anyway).

I wonder if you have had the same upgrade and whether this might have fixed the port forwarding issue?

I do note performance since the upgrade is worse on the upstream. I was getting around 13 Mb/s (out of the published 15 Mb/s) but getting 6-7 Mb/s now upstream.
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote