Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Just A quick query, can i get both services?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Just A quick query, can i get both services?

Old 08-05-2012, 21:04   #16
boroboi
cf.geek

Services: TT Fibre Large 78mbit
boroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quads
Re: Just A quick query, can i get both services?

Well personally if the head of complaints tells me she is getting hold of some VMNG300's from Ambit, i'm inclined to believe her. They will be getting them in for requests such as mine, not to give out willy nilly to people who simply want one for nothing.

The only way sanity will prevail is if Virgin dump the SuperDud and replace it with something that doesn't rip itself inside out when you ask it to do something it's meant to.
boroboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-05-2012, 22:18   #17
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by boroboi View Post
Well personally if the head of complaints tells me she is getting hold of some VMNG300's from Ambit, i'm inclined to believe her. They will be getting them in for requests such as mine, not to give out willy nilly to people who simply want one for nothing.

The only way sanity will prevail is if Virgin dump the SuperDud and replace it with something that doesn't rip itself inside out when you ask it to do something it's meant to.
As that device has not been manufactured for more than 12 months I would like to know what the head of complaints is smoking because oddly enough I rather doubt that Ambit have got a few sitting in a warehouse taking up up costly space.

They would be better off buying the devices they tested from the other mainstream companies as they are simply off the shelf products.

Do remember that the Head of complaints job is to appease customers and if that means throwing in a few lies.

The Ambit VMNG300 is still a urine poor device compared to the other stuff out there.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 22:31   #18
boroboi
cf.geek

boroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_ View Post
As that device has not been manufactured for more than 12 months I would like to know what the head of complaints is smoking because oddly enough I rather doubt that Ambit have got a few sitting in a warehouse taking up up costly space.

They would be better off buying the devices they tested from the other mainstream companies as they are simply off the shelf products.

Do remember that the Head of complaints job is to appease customers and if that means throwing in a few lies.

The Ambit VMNG300 is still a urine poor device compared to the other stuff out there.
I can believe the customer service agents and managers spewing tripe and lieing about these things, but the CEO head of complaints, it's her job to make sure that all complaints are resolved to a satisfactory matter, and as she (and her team) are the last line of defense, i'd be skeptical if she was to bold face lie to me in writing.. logically, how is lieing to an unhappy customer going to appease them for anything more than 7 days?

Of course they aren't being manufactured anymore, i don't give a rat's ring where she gets one from as long as she gets one for me, as for it being urine poor, i'd rather have a urine poor device than one that's currentlt steaming in horse **** behind my monitor
Old 09-05-2012, 07:36   #19
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
I can believe the customer service agents and managers spewing tripe and lieing about these things, but the CEO head of complaints, it's her job to make sure that all complaints are resolved to a satisfactory matter, and as she (and her team) are the last line of defense, i'd be skeptical if she was to bold face lie to me in writing.. logically, how is lieing to an unhappy customer going to appease them for anything more than 7 days?

Of course they aren't being manufactured anymore, i don't give a rat's ring where she gets one from as long as she gets one for me, as for it being urine poor, i'd rather have a urine poor device than one that's currentlt steaming in horse **** behind my monitor
Below is the speedtest from my Superhub and I get that anytime of day, both the VMNG300 and the Superhub are urine poor devices and the company is well aware of that fact as they tested off the shelf equipment at the time but went for the ones probably with the best incentives attached if you catch my drift.

The will be no new stock of VMNG300 modems coming online anytime soon as they will be on the network, yours was probably a refurb nothing more.

As for her job title, she got you a modem and then promptly lied to you as the VMNG300 is outdated and incapable of the 8 downstreams required now by Virgin Media, so the will be no rising from the dead unless they intend on downgrading the network.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:44   #20
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

Peter, I salute you. Not taking the mickey, honestly. If Berkett's team don't come and sort our problems soon then we'll be going elsewhere. We've had quite enough of their excuses.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:30   #21
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze age
Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Someone over on their support forums had one a week or two ago. The official consensus seems to be that you can't have one, but if you lodge a complaint through the CEO office, they will comply with you in most cases.

In my case, they either get me a VMNG300 or they lose a customer of over 10 years as this is the last and only option available to me. Since they seem to have a lot of requests for it, it wouldn't surprise me if Ambit had some in surplus themselves and VM can request them if needed? Perhaps they can buy them in from Ambit's own surplus, who knows... but they ARE available.
I hope you're right, be nice if it turns up.

Quote:

The head of complaints, or the CEO manager ? two different people.

What's her name?
Nopanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 17:33   #22
boroboi
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopanic View Post
I hope you're right, be nice if it turns up.

The head of complaints, or the CEO manager ? two different people.

What's her name?
Neil Berkett's complaints manager, i'll PM you.

Quote:

The will be no new stock of VMNG300 modems coming online anytime soon as they will be on the network, yours was probably a refurb nothing more.
Well we'll wait and see.

I doesn't have to be new, they could reclaim it from a scrap heap for all i care as long as it works.
Old 09-05-2012, 22:15   #23
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jempalmer View Post
Peter, I salute you. Not taking the mickey, honestly. If Berkett's team don't come and sort our problems soon then we'll be going elsewhere. We've had quite enough of their excuses.
It is very doubtful that they would reprise a device incapable of more than 4 downstreams when they are presently upgrading the network to 8 downstreams as it would mean that the people at the top do not have the mental capacity to think outside of the box.

They need to go with a mainstream branded device from a real manufacturer rather than a tinpot device from a third rate company or a botched device such as the Superhub which does not know what it should be, at times it can be like a transformer on acid according to some posts.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:56   #24
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
at times it can be like a transformer on acid according to some posts.
its the ultimate performance router perfection, second to none is what I read
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:18   #25
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

It's clearly second to my UltimateĀ® sUberHub™ modĀ® (see sig).
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:27   #26
boroboi
cf.geek

Polishing a turd Qasi?
Old 10-05-2012, 02:56   #27
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

If that turd is made of gold and runs ****** software, yeah.

(The hardware's fine, the firmware's crap)
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:23   #28
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopanic View Post
Really? I was under the impression the item had been discontinued.
not from ambit it hasnt, just VM discontinued buying them.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:43   #29
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
not from ambit it hasnt, just VM discontinued buying them.
It was a specific device made for Virgin Media but with only 4 downstreams which was major error especially with better branded equipment available to any ISP.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:36   #30
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
It was a specific device made for Virgin Media but with only 4 downstreams which was major error especially with better branded equipment available to any ISP.
the device is used by the other isp's as well just this is a rebranded version.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote