Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV price rises

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

TV price rises

Old 30-11-2012, 20:15   #1501
nicko
cf.addict

Services: 30 mb broadband & phone
nicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nice
Re: TV price rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashmills View Post
Nowhere in the letter does it mention how long they've tied me in for but it does say if I've used any of the services since they were activated my right to cancel is gone. I think that is shameful business practice. Surely the letter should have detailed exactly what both parties are agreeing to and require me to sign and return as acceptance.

At the top of the letter it has 3 symbols one for broadband, phone & TV in boxes which indicate contract changes.
nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-11-2012, 21:04   #1502
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
I have just contacted retentions and got a really good deal IMO. Paying line rental up front and keeping the same package my bill has dropped from £100.25 a month to £80.25 rising to £82.25 in February for a new 12 month contract.
Nice to see VM are prepared to look after long standing customers.;D
Yeah I negotiated a new deal with them the other week when I called, basically from then I am going to be paying less than I am now currently paying, and come Feb 1st I will be paying about £1 less than I am now.
Still going to do the Line Rental Saver at the end of January so least getting 12 months a fair bit cheaper than their new £14.99 charge.
paultrademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 21:46   #1503
Pubmaster
Inactive

Services: BB XL
Pubmaster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
I suppose it depends, I always ask questions to make sure I know exactly what I am getting and what is involved, so maybe that is why I was told .
As you say it should be mandatory that the customer is made fully aware of the implications of their new deal.
Well i was told when i phoned up yesterday, that when i altered my package in June, i had started a new contract, even though when i altered it i asked them if it would mean i would be tied into a NEW contract {i was out of contract at the time} i was assured that i WOULD NOT be entering a new contract.

Am waiting for them to phone me back telling me i AM NOT in a new contract, otherwise i will be using the price rise to cancel EVERYTHING

I have even asked them to check the phone conversation i had in June.

Customers {imho} SHOULD be asked to SIGN a new contract, not just get palmed off with one.

Rant over.
Pubmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 22:01   #1504
paultrademark
Inactive

paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

When I called them last week to re-negotiate our contract, to get further discount to cover the price increase, it was made clear on the call we would be re-contracting for a further 12 months from that day.. we had 5 months left of our last one.
We received a new contract in the post, but was only one copy and it just said to sign it and retain it.
Old 01-12-2012, 00:47   #1505
nn012
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media TV, Broadband and Phone.
nn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Yes, I believe that they've adjusted the new bundle price of TV XL and phone.

It was £31.50 for TV XL with TiVo on top of a phone line on the site yesterday, it's now £29.50

Although that's only a 91p decrease on the total bundle cost, once you factor in the line rental increase
Thanks. Still none the wiser about my bundle's price increase. I tried CS and they seem to be clueless as well. They claim TV XL has gone up by £1.50 to £28 and insisted the £24.50 on the website was wrong and couldn't tell me if the old £3 TiVo fee has been increased.
nn012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:02   #1506
paultrademark
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nn012 View Post
couldn't tell me if the old £3 TiVo fee has been increased.
It has, by £1 per TiVo
Old 01-12-2012, 01:57   #1507
trueblood
cf.member

Services: TV XL Phone M BB XL 200 MB V6 x 2
trueblood will become famous soon enoughtrueblood will become famous soon enoughtrueblood will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Re: TV price rises

Now virgin has published prices i'm confused to. Upgraded to 60m from 10m, 1st of Nov
£4 more a month, so i have premier collection but with V+ and Talk 08 that was a tickle, so its free! My price rise is £4.74, but looking at website it should only be £4.09 ? What's the extra 65p for.
trueblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 13:11   #1508
nashmills
Inactive

Services: 500GB TiVo (TV M), BB 100Mb, Phone M
nashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicko View Post
At the top of the letter it has 3 symbols one for broadband, phone & TV in boxes which indicate contract changes.
Silly me. I hadn't looked at the back of the letter! This gives some more details of the 12 month contract.

According to the letter I have been put on the Classic Collection at £21.50 per month excluding line rental with a £4 loyalty discount bringing it down to £17.50. It doesn't say how long the discount will last.

I phoned customer services this morning to query this and was told it would last for 2 years. I also queried the £21.50 for the Classic Collection as it's priced at £18 on the website. The agent agreed it was wrong and has adjusted my package to £18 less discount - £14 per month!

I don't believe it but live in hope.
nashmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 16:15   #1509
jobbie8
cf.addict

Services: BB 250MB, SKY Stream, Netfix, Disney+, Discovery+, AppleTV+,YouTube Premium, Paramount+
jobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nice

I have.......................3 Tivos, XL TV, 30mb BB and phone line my increase is £2.59
My son has.................. a V+, XL TV, 30mb BB and phone line, his increase is £3.74
My sister has a Tivo and V box, XL TV 10mb BB and phone line, her increase is £4.74

Its all very confusing for everyone.
jobbie8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 18:46   #1510
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nn012 View Post
They claim TV XL has gone up by £1.50 to £28
Yes - that is probably what it shows on the agents screen as that is the 'system price' i.e. the one they don't actually charge to customers and the reason the bill format was changed
Old 02-12-2012, 20:25   #1511
nn012
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media TV, Broadband and Phone.
nn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quads

Thanks again Ben. I'm still confused. Shouldn't I be benefitting from this TV XL price reduction of £2 on top of the other published price increases which affect me as I have phone and broadband too? Or is it just that they've reduced the discounts apllied to my particular bundle to come to the increase of £5.34 come February?
nn012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 16:39   #1512
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

The £2 reduction applies to the bundles taken out from 30th November, not to any existing bundle
Old 03-12-2012, 16:47   #1513
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
The £2 reduction applies to the bundles taken out from 30th November, not to any existing bundle
Not having ago at you Ben

BUT
Is it any wonder people get confused. when this is happening
Old 03-12-2012, 19:44   #1514
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobbie8 View Post
I have.......................3 Tivos, XL TV, 30mb BB and phone line my increase is £2.59
My son has.................. a V+, XL TV, 30mb BB and phone line, his increase is £3.74
My sister has a Tivo and V box, XL TV 10mb BB and phone line, her increase is £4.74

Its all very confusing for everyone.

Can anyone from VM explain the above different price rises? At first glance they appear to have no rhyme or reason. When I get my price rise, how will i know how it was worked out?
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 19:59   #1515
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Can anyone from VM explain the above different price rises? At first glance they appear to have no rhyme or reason. When I get my price rise, how will i know how it was worked out?
They can't explain it because even Einstein would have trouble working VM prices out.