Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

Old 25-11-2011, 16:16   #61
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart
Re: SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Your profile says your a Sky Sports subscriber on VM , why would you want to pay more it should be free for VM Sky Sports subscribers as it is with Sky.
I talking about the HD version, not the SD version (which likely to be free for Sky Sports subscribers)!
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-11-2011, 16:17   #62
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
£10 to £20 maybe
guessing you have alot of money i wouldnt be willing to pay more than 1p let alone £10
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 16:19   #63
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
guessing you have alot of money i wouldnt be willing to pay more than 1p let alone £10
+1
Old 25-11-2011, 16:28   #64
scaseman
Inactive

scaseman is an unknown quantity at this point

As far as I am concerned I aiready pay a fortune for Sky Sports & Movies and the HD charge. If the F1 channel is an extra charge I will be cancelling Sky Sports & Movies plus the HD Charge.
scaseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 16:29   #65
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaseman View Post
As far as I am concerned I aiready pay a fortune for Sky Sports & Movies and the HD charge. If the F1 channel is an extra charge I will be cancelling Sky Sports & Movies plus the HD Charge.
Do you mean the SD F1 channel or both the SD and HD F1 channel?
Old 25-11-2011, 16:31   #66
scaseman
Inactive

If I have to pay extra for either I would cancel.
Old 25-11-2011, 16:31   #67
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
And l will join you as £36.00 is already a lot to pay and l have no intention of paying anything extra on top and that will be the straw that breaks the camel's back.
Old 25-11-2011, 16:34   #68
dav
Inactive

dav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of light

I'm willing to pay a big fat....zero.

If VM strike a carriage deal with Sky that allows for 'free' access to VM customers, then that's all well and good. I'll continue to watch F1 (whilst grinding my teeth at "the full Sky Sports treatment" they're giving it)

However, it still doesn't help the legions of F1 fans who will only be able to access half a season on the BBC ( " 'kin splitters " to quote Monty Python).

If this channel isn't carried on VM then I'm afraid I'll be doing what many, many more F1 fans will be doing next year....sourcing F1 by 'alternative' means, or giving up on it altogether. F1 is an all or nothing sport. There is no compromise.
dav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 16:35   #69
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
i doubt there will be an extra charge for this channel but i can see if going in the SS pack instead of normal XL pack
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 16:36   #70
scaseman
Inactive

Time for a poll methinks.
Old 25-11-2011, 17:11   #71
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav View Post
I'm willing to pay a big fat....zero.

If VM strike a carriage deal with Sky that allows for 'free' access to VM customers, then that's all well and good. I'll continue to watch F1 (whilst grinding my teeth at "the full Sky Sports treatment" they're giving it)

However, it still doesn't help the legions of F1 fans who will only be able to access half a season on the BBC ( " 'kin splitters " to quote Monty Python).

If this channel isn't carried on VM then I'm afraid I'll be doing what many, many more F1 fans will be doing next year....sourcing F1 by 'alternative' means, or giving up on it altogether. F1 is an all or nothing sport. There is no compromise.
What 'alternative' means?

Just wondering!
Old 25-11-2011, 17:25   #72
joff81
Inactive

Services: V+ Xl TV package phone L package Broadband L package
joff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
i doubt there will be an extra charge for this channel but i can see if going in the SS pack instead of normal XL pack
It doesn't want to be as I F1 and Motorsport is the only sport I watch. I don't subscribe to SS as it has too much focus on football with I hate with a passion.

Putting the new sky F1 channel as free but only with a SS subcription would really annoy me so much as I refuse to for SS. I would be willing to pay for the F1 channel as a standalone for £10 as long as the HD channel is included but am not willing to for for a SD only channel.

It either needs to be free for both HD and SD on XL TV or SD at the very least free to XL just to keep the Ex BBC viewers happy, if not I can see big problems for VM as F1 has a massive fan base and has been free for as long as I've watched it .
joff81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 18:08   #73
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

The BBC has announced it's plans for the 2012 season,

LIVE RACES ON THE BBC

15 April: China
13 May: Spain
27 May: Monaco
24 June: Europe
8 July: Britain
2 September: Belgium
23 September: Singapore
14 October: Korea
4 November: Abu Dhabi
25 November: Brazil

All other races are on Sky Sports F1HD

Of the other 10, there will be extended highlights programmes on BBC One, of either 90-minute or two-hour duration depending on race location.

Races in the Far Eastern time zone will have highlights broadcast on BBC One at 1400, with those in the European time zone getting 90 minutes at 1730.

There will be full live coverage of both qualifying and race on BBC One, BBC One HD and the BBC Sport website, plus a one-hour evening highlights programme on BBC Three and BBC HD.

The presentation team will be at all the races, including those that are not being broadcast live on BBC television. Full details of the team will be revealed at a later date.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/form...e/15893254.stm
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 18:57   #74
JayAy
Inactive

JayAy will become famous soon enoughJayAy will become famous soon enoughJayAy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Thanks for posting the link. How can mere mortals, VM customers I mean, find that sort of news item? There's no link to it that I can find on the site (happy to be corrected) and running a search for SKYF1 finds nothing. It's almost as if VM don't want to tell us what's going on

Anyway I hope we get this in HD.
JayAy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 19:00   #75
joff81
Inactive

Services: V+ Xl TV package phone L package Broadband L package
joff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
The BBC has announced it's plans for the 2012 season,

LIVE RACES ON THE BBC

15 April: China
13 May: Spain
27 May: Monaco
24 June: Europe
8 July: Britain
2 September: Belgium
23 September: Singapore
14 October: Korea
4 November: Abu Dhabi
25 November: Brazil

All other races are on Sky Sports F1HD

Of the other 10, there will be extended highlights programmes on BBC One, of either 90-minute or two-hour duration depending on race location.

Races in the Far Eastern time zone will have highlights broadcast on BBC One at 1400, with those in the European time zone getting 90 minutes at 1730.

There will be full live coverage of both qualifying and race on BBC One, BBC One HD and the BBC Sport website, plus a one-hour evening highlights programme on BBC Three and BBC HD.

The presentation team will be at all the races, including those that are not being broadcast live on BBC television. Full details of the team will be revealed at a later date.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/form...e/15893254.stm

What a crock of crap !!!!

Other than Britain and Brazil the rest are utter bore fests if the last few seasons are anything to go by. Looks like SKY picked the best races where the action happens and left the BBC with the crumbs.

This poor list should give VM even more incentive to get the SS F1 channel on a free deal and not tied to a SS subcription, if I can see lots of unhappy people moving to Sky due to the BBC screw over. With over 10 million avarage viewers per race in the last 2 seasons it's a lot of potential customers to loose to Sky if VM don't get a decent carriage deal all for penny pinching.
joff81 is offline   Reply With Quote