Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | another superhub 3 issue!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

another superhub 3 issue!

Old 16-01-2017, 17:53   #1
dunno
cf.member

Services: 3x Tivo Full TV Package 120mb Broadband Phone
dunno is an unknown quantity at this point
another superhub 3 issue!

hello after reading through a few pages it seems that the sh3 has a number of issues.

i had my upgrade to the v6 box last week and a sh3 to replace the sh2 and i have had constant speed issues since, i am on 200mb but i can only get around 80mb.

i have done multiple tests with virgin media and everything seems ok, i had an engineer out and he said there is no issue as everything looks ok.

is it just a case that the sh3 is rubbish? never had an issue with the sh2
dunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-01-2017, 18:48   #2
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one
Re: another superhub 3 issue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno View Post
hello after reading through a few pages it seems that the sh3 has a number of issues.

i had my upgrade to the v6 box last week and a sh3 to replace the sh2 and i have had constant speed issues since, i am on 200mb but i can only get around 80mb.

i have done multiple tests with virgin media and everything seems ok, i had an engineer out and he said there is no issue as everything looks ok.

is it just a case that the sh3 is rubbish? never had an issue with the sh2

I have a sh3 for some while and I on the 100Mbt/s tier and I always get around 104 down and 6.25 up, is there a network problem in your area?
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2017, 21:35   #3
dunno
cf.member

Services: 3x Tivo Full TV Package 120mb Broadband Phone
dunno is an unknown quantity at this point

no there is no network problem in the area.

just done a few speedtest's and still not getting the 200 i pay for

wireless-
ping = 17
down = 44
up = 12

wired
ping = 16
down = 72
up = 12
dunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2017, 22:25   #4
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

what speedtest are u using and what server?
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 07:09   #5
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
what speedtest are u using and what server?

That is a good point, all UK servers I get 104 / 6 if I try a gmbh server I get around 85 / 6 .

Just a point is wired or wireless used for tests?
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote