Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | V6 Box Availability

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

V6 Box Availability

Old 07-01-2017, 02:07   #1
OLDGOLD
cf.addict

OLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enough
V6 Box Availability

Is the V6 box available to anybody now or just current customers with Virgin Media TV.

I have VM broadband and Phone Line and on my upgrade offers page, the bundles with TV only include TiVo boxes, not V6. When I click on the separate V6 section it says only available to current customers on TV Mix package and above.

Is that still the case and if so, does anyone know when the V6 will be available to new TV subscribers?

Thanks
OLDGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-01-2017, 13:04   #2
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
Re: V6 Box Availability

It is available to all now but it looks like you will have to call in to place an order.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 13:08   #3
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDGOLD View Post
Is the V6 box available to anybody now or just current customers with Virgin Media TV.

I have VM broadband and Phone Line and on my upgrade offers page, the bundles with TV only include TiVo boxes, not V6. When I click on the separate V6 section it says only available to current customers on TV Mix package and above.

Is that still the case and if so, does anyone know when the V6 will be available to new TV subscribers?

Thanks

The TV Mix pack is the minimum pack to have the V6 on; you can't have it on the lower basic pack.

Providing that you want to add mix or above, I'd be surprised if they won't let you have a V6 box; they need all the TV subscribers they can get from a statistical perspective.

I'd ring CS or retentions if you get no joy from CS
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:43   #4
Jacquesb
cf.addict

Services: VM phone , 2xV6 (Full house XL), ViViD200 Optical fibre BB. Stream - Netflix, iPlayer,
Jacquesb is an unknown quantity at this point

We have 2xTiVO which are very slow. I called CS yesterday and asked for 2 x V6 boxes to replace them. The CS rep recommended just taking a single box ( something to do with internet connection issues ?) and stated a cost of >£100. When I protested the cost, she very "kindly" discounted to £64 but would not be moved from that. The next available date (Glasgow) was 2/2/17 but I decided to think on it and ask for advice here. There was mention of a new 12 month contract but I will lose a small loyalty discount unless I call the Loyalty department separately.

I really feel I am being conned big style 1

---------- Post added at 06:43 ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquesb View Post
We have 2xTiVO which are very slow. I called CS yesterday and asked for 2 x V6 boxes to replace them. The CS rep recommended just taking a single box ( something to do with internet connection issues ?) and stated a cost of >£100. When I protested the cost, she very "kindly" discounted to £64 but would not be moved from that. The next available date (Glasgow) was 2/2/17 but I decided to think on it and ask for advice here. There was mention of a new 12 month contract but I will lose a small loyalty discount unless I call the Loyalty department separately.

I think the £64 was made up of £49.95 for the box and £14 "activation" charge.

Any advice on next approach would be welcome - thanks.
Old 08-01-2017, 18:43   #5
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquesb View Post

---------- Post added at 06:43 ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 ----------

I think the £64 was made up of £49.95 for the box and £14 "activation" charge.

Any advice on next approach would be welcome - thanks.
Disconnect if out of contract, if in contract they have you over a barrel
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote