Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 14:32   #166
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
ITV confirmed you can buy ITV Box Office in the same way as Sky Sports Box Office - via Channel 0.

You can buy Eubank Jr VS QUINLAN from January 30th via your box - Price at £9.95* (Virgin Media UK Price TBC.)

*Price listed is ITV Box Office - Virgin Media UK Price may change.

http://www.itvboxoffice.co.uk/
i wonder if Virgin Media customers get it in HD or will Sky hold all the cards ?
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2017, 14:52   #167
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

We can confirm that HISTORY HD is NOT testing on Virgin Media UK (We seen an rumour on DS Forum.)

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showp...postcount=2277
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 12-01-2017 at 14:56.
Old 12-01-2017, 14:59   #168
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob King View Post
i wonder if Virgin Media customers get it in HD or will Sky hold all the cards ?
As a PAYG I would expect HD on VM.
According to the website it's likely Tivo only "Virgin Media TiVo customers can buy direct via their TiVo box, on demand, from Monday 30th January."
Old 12-01-2017, 15:00   #169
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
We can confirm that HISTORY HD is NOT testing on Virgin Media UK (We seen an rumour on DS Forum.)

Oh dear that's not going to please the doomsayers of this thread.
Old 12-01-2017, 15:50   #170
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I'm surprised that they cut into a film to do this, I had assumed that it would simply be a case of renaming all the branding.
As I understand it, VM switched to a new feed overnight carrying the old (nicer) Sony Movie Channel logo. Movie Mix continued on Freeview and morphed into the Sony Movie Channel the following morning. The PQ on VM certainly seems better than on Freeview.

Quote:
True Crime have added the VM logo to their branding, so are presumably joining soon:

http://cdn32.sptndigital.com/sites/u...-marqueev2.jpg
I posted that link in post ref #103 earlier in the thread.

Quote:
ITV confirmed you can buy ITV Box Office in the same way as Sky Sports Box Office - via Channel 0.
Remember that Channel 0 is only used on legacy boxes and not used by TiVo boxes.

Old 12-01-2017, 17:16   #171
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:

I think that poster has more chance platting treacle than seeing AMC on vm too.
Old 12-01-2017, 18:02   #172
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
True Crime have added the VM logo to their branding, so are presumably joining soon:

http://cdn32.sptndigital.com/sites/u...-marqueev2.jpg
Yes I posted about that last week, post #97
Old 13-01-2017, 14:31   #173
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
You need 50p nowadays.
I think it over £1 nowdays.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 14-01-2017, 20:12   #174
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

happy saturday aka the wine day people. what ever happened to fox news? was it even testing? did it die? Its inauguration day soon and i want ridiculous news to watch so i can laugh and feel slightly better
Old 14-01-2017, 21:46   #175
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
As I understand it, VM switched to a new feed overnight carrying the old (nicer) Sony Movie Channel logo. Movie Mix continued on Freeview and morphed into the Sony Movie Channel the following morning. The PQ on VM certainly seems better than on Freeview.
Movie Mix was no doubt line fed into Langley, as there was no satellite feed available. SMC was on Astra 2G for Sky's customers already, so just a question of taking it from there, like with most of VM's SD feeds.
Old 15-01-2017, 06:06   #176
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
Movie Mix was no doubt line fed into Langley, as there was no satellite feed available. SMC was on Astra 2G for Sky's customers already, so just a question of taking it from there, like with most of VM's SD feeds.
Line fed or maybe even using DTT as a temporary feed, judging by the poor PQ of the original feed. I was hoping for a better DOG for the Sony Movie Channel, I really disliked the white logo used for Movie Mix. Unfortunately, SMC has dropped their former logo and replaced it with a big white logo, similar to the style used for Movie Mix.

Old 15-01-2017, 11:41   #177
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
Line fed or maybe even using DTT as a temporary feed, judging by the poor PQ of the original feed. I was hoping for a better DOG for the Sony Movie Channel, I really disliked the white logo used for Movie Mix. Unfortunately, SMC has dropped their former logo and replaced it with a big white logo, similar to the style used for Movie Mix.
On a closer look at the Langley site, there are 4 yagi's pointing at Crystal Palace, so off-air DTT looks still possible.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Langley DDT rec.jpg (234.2 KB, 44 views)
Old 15-01-2017, 20:10   #178
Frazz
cf.addict

Services: 2 x tivo TV XL with movie and sport 500Mb broadband phone talk anytime Unlimited mobile phone sim
Frazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about them

Got an email from virgin yesterday saying I was getting Sky Sports free for 6 weeks
Old 16-01-2017, 01:26   #179
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Do vm still charge £5pm extra for tivo? if they do this will make them now the only company to charge extra monthly for a recording box.
Old 16-01-2017, 09:36   #180
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Do vm still charge £5pm extra for tivo? if they do this will make them now the only company to charge extra monthly for a recording box.
The fee is for the Tivo software, rather than the specific ability to record. Subscribers to all platforms pay for the privilege one way or another, Virgin have just stripped out the charge due to offering the VHD box previously. Now they only offer Tivo/V6 I'm guessing the Tivo fee is now included in TV prices.
Given the fee is listed as a seperate item on bills, I wonder how keen Virgin will be to reduce V6 customers' prices by £5pm once the boxes migrate to Horizon?!
Closed Thread