Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Ghostbusters (2016) Trailer

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Ghostbusters (2016) Trailer

Old 07-03-2016, 13:38   #16
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Ghostbusters (2016) Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
I just hate unoriginality in the film industry and this is an example..who is it aimed at anyway?Women? Well this woman wants to see intelligent use of men and women in intelligent SF films..
I don't think its aimed at women.

The directer has female leads in nearly all his films. Its just his 'thing'
Old 07-03-2016, 16:39   #17
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Hmmmmm, lots of good films in the summer, so might have to give this one a miss, not over impressed by the trailer.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 17:26   #18
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

This looks pretty dire and the controversy it's ignited is beyond parody.

The like:dislike ratio on the trailer tells a story. We'll see if that translates into poor box office.

---------- Post added at 16:26 ---------- Previous post was at 16:22 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I don't think its aimed at women.
Maybe. Maybe not.

If it was going for the Social Justice Warrior / Feminist audience it seems to have failed on that one for not being 'intersectional' enough.

If it wasn't it seems to have given enough of an impression that it is to produce immediate disdain among the anti-SJW crew.

The social media drama will probably be more exciting than the movie.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 18:46   #19
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

At the end of the day, it was only the first trailer and there will probably be more before the release date. So the next one may change peoples opinions.

I still think it will suck but am willing to be persuaded otherwise.

For a 'reboot' there are far too many nods and throwbacks to the original movies/cartoon.

For a reboot to work there needs to be little or no ties to the original version. For example the recent Trek movies. Kept the characters and premise but tried to change a lot. Robocop changed almost everything.

This seems like a mash up of a reboot and remake. But the marketing company don't really know what it is. If it really is a full reboot then there was no need to mention the original movie, there was no need for the logo, theme song, car, slimer, proton packs, fire station, the three scientists and one normal team member.
Old 07-03-2016, 21:17   #20
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I like some of the cast so I'll certainly watch it.

---------- Post added at 20:17 ---------- Previous post was at 20:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
This looks pretty dire and the controversy it's ignited is beyond parody.

The like:dislike ratio on the trailer tells a story. We'll see if that translates into poor box office.
At least some of those dislikes are coming from Men's Rights types getting angry on Reddit that the women are taking over. The film may be still be rubbish but at least some people aren't going to be interested because they replaced the menz.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 22:34   #21
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

They were equally unhappy with Mad Max:Fury Road and Star Wars:The Force Awakens.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 08:34   #22
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
At least some of those dislikes are coming from Men's Rights types getting angry on Reddit that the women are taking over. The film may be still be rubbish but at least some people aren't going to be interested because they replaced the menz.
Men's Rights supporter here.

I generally don't like all-women main cast films. Not a chauvinist thing at all and I'm not saying I think they're bad films because of women, I just don't find them appealing. I actually watched Spy as I like spy-type films but didn't enjoy it due to the girly-humour but more because of what I felt was OTT 'empowerment' which these days often feels exaggerated. Again I'm not against female empowerment at all but I think the target audience was women and I suspect GB will be aimed that way too. Similar to how many women wouldn't enjoy immature testosterone-fuelled films like the Expendables, the Hangover etc.

(And the for the record, anyone who has me on Facebook will know how much I loved The Force Awakens - at no point did the non-issue of a female lead cross my mind, I thought she was awesome and look forward to her character development.)

Don't get me wrong, I hope GB does well and I'm sure it will (and as long as it's a freebie ticket I might even go along) but I'm not looking forward to it as I would be with a male cast - I was a huge fan as a child of the first two and with what I consider to be such a deviation from the originals, it wouldn't be the same.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 11:09   #23
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I haven't any issues with the substitution of women for men.I just hate the unoriginality of
apparently making something more original by substituting characters with a different sex or ethnic/racial characteristic.
By all means make an SF film with an all women cast if you must but use an original story..Even better make one where both sexes have equal input as strong characters but it has an original unique storyline and isn't a sad repeat at trying to reboot an old,old,old much loved original.
Old 08-03-2016, 12:45   #24
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Meh......

Interesting to note that once again the black character is the jobbing employee whilst the white characters are the clever scientists.
Old 08-03-2016, 13:17   #25
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Nope, its really not interesting.

Old 08-03-2016, 14:48   #26
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Nope, its really not interesting.
Possibly not too some. To those that are bit more cerebral it may be.
Old 08-03-2016, 17:03   #27
damien c
cf.mega poster

Services: Tivo, 100mb, Mobile
damien c has reached the bronze age
damien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze age

Yet another reboot of a series because no one seems to be able to come up with a new idea for a film.

Not got a idea myself for one but seriously all these reboots etc are getting boring now.
Old 08-03-2016, 22:53   #28
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Possibly not too some. To those that are bit more cerebral it may be.
Nope, its really not interesting to us.

Old 09-03-2016, 07:39   #29
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Nope, its really not interesting to us.
Really? I'm just impressed you know what cerebral meant. Good for you.

BTW are you speaking on behalf of your mum, or your street?
Old 09-03-2016, 12:09   #30
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

The interested/not interested split here seems to be the same as elsewhere unconnected and on the net.

It's going to be a turkey, next year it'll be first in line for a razzie.

Look at this picture and tell me with a straight face this will be a cinematic classic, loved by millions, for generations... Like the original was.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 05CF1757-B258-4E2D-A035-1C811A2F0C26_zpsqmqn6o9s.jpg (100.8 KB, 10 views)
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote