Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What Dash Cam?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

What Dash Cam?

Old 25-01-2015, 20:18   #1
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star
What Dash Cam?

Looking at buying a dash cam but unsure which one to get, preferences would be SD card over micro SD, 1080p 30fps and GPS (but not essential) and #1 would be picture quality. Crux is £100 absolute max budget limit.
Any recommendations appreciated.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-01-2015, 04:26   #2
alferret
cf.mega poster

alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star
Ended up getting an e prance 0803 from Amazon with GPS, pretty good reviews overall. Should get it mid week.
Old 26-01-2015, 12:05   #3
AbyssUnderground
cf.mega poster

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, HH5, synced at maximum 80Mbps/20Mbps.
AbyssUnderground has reached the bronze age
AbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to AbyssUnderground
Re: What Dash Cam?

Look up "TechMoan" on YouTube, he does lots of dashcam reviews and you can choose the one that suits you from those.

Edit: Didn't see that you'd got one till I replied!
AbyssUnderground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 13:15   #4
alferret
cf.mega poster

Yea, think it was TechnoMan that I first watched when looking.
The dash cam arrived yesterday, fitted it this morning. Issue with GPS logging, it can't find any, using a Sandisk ultra 32gb class 10 card.
Kingston 32gb class 10 doesn't work, not recognised.
I may do a little review of it in the very near future.
Old 31-01-2015, 13:21   #5
AbyssUnderground
cf.mega poster

AbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze age

Give it some time, GPS can take about 10 minutes to lock the first time it's used.
Old 31-01-2015, 15:14   #6
alferret
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbyssUnderground View Post
Give it some time, GPS can take about 10 minutes to lock the first time it's used.
Was out for over an hour without finding signal, there are GPS log files but no lock.
Old 13-02-2015, 16:12   #7
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

What are views on this one?

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...&storeId=10001

After see the programme on TV last night I'm thinking of getting one, and a guy has this one as well.
Old 13-02-2015, 16:13   #8
deadite66
cf.geek

Services: Zen Fibre, Asus RT-AC68U
deadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
Ended up getting an e prance 0803 from Amazon with GPS, pretty good reviews overall. Should get it mid week.
i got the 0803 too, great cam.
deadite66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2015, 16:21   #9
AbyssUnderground
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
What are views on this one?

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...&storeId=10001

After see the programme on TV last night I'm thinking of getting one, and a guy has this one as well.
You can get decent ones much cheaper than that if you shop around, but it's your choice if you're happy to spend that much.
Old 25-02-2016, 19:15   #10
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

OK, I've lost my dashcam.

I took it out of my car when the clutch was being fixed (some garages don't like them), I guess It fell out of mu coat pocket.

So what do you recommend, I did have a Nextbase one bat the battery is died on mine and other have the issue.
Old 25-02-2016, 20:47   #11
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
Looking at buying a dash cam but unsure which one to get, preferences would be SD card over micro SD, 1080p 30fps and GPS (but not essential) and #1 would be picture quality. Crux is £100 absolute max budget limit.
Any recommendations appreciated.
I purchase a Nextbase Dash Cam 302G fully fitted bundle £109 fully fitted by Halfords.
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2016, 06:29   #12
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Dash cams can play a huge part in helping with insurance but some people have had liability going partially against them because many cameras record audio from within the car and if the driver says something (to any passengers etc) that suggests they're not going to take reasonable action to prevent an accident they think is about to happen ie "crash for cash" the insurance companies will place partial blame on them.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 20:02   #13
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Can anyone tell me what is a good dash cam £100 max, I'm not looking for anything fancy just something that records. This caught my eye but I just don't know http://www.halfords.com/technology/d...o-200-dash-cam

Any advice would be appreciated thanks.
Old 10-01-2017, 18:28   #14
Matthew
cf.mega poster

Matthew has reached the bronze age
Matthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze age

Nextbase 312GW here, bought one for front and back when they were brand new and with offers didn't pay more than £75 for them each. Both wired in the only thing that lacks is it only supports a 32gb micro SD card so with the time I am on the road I only get 2 days footage but its just a bug of mine, other than that they are brilliant.
Old 10-01-2017, 20:01   #15
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

I had a Nextbase 402g but the battery died after 9 months.

I now have a Transcend DrivePro 220, which has build in lane guidance and distance alert to the motor in front.

I also has a protected memory if a collision is dectected (or you hit a pothole)