Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Plane Spotters Corner

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Plane Spotters Corner

Old 07-08-2008, 21:30   #16
soup dragon
Inactive

Services: XL BB, XL TV, V+
soup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of society
Re: Plane Spotters Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin T View Post
I won't link because of the language, but search for Spitfire low pass on youtube & choose the longer one...
soup dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2008, 21:40   #17
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

http://www.airliners.net/search/index.main

My faves are OO-TAx, OO-TNx

& OO-THA to THD

x = any letter

All the ones from work.
Old 07-08-2008, 21:45   #18
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

XL360 at Cov

Unfortunately 11:30am wasn't really the right time to be taking pictures of this aircraft with the sun directly overhead.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 22:33   #19
handyman
Permanently Banned

Services: M6 Keele
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to handyman

Was over flown by a RAF Tornado earlier that was certainly a little lower than it should be. Came right past the front of the house and then banked 45 degrees to the right. Awesome but did not have a camera handy to get a pick.
handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 22:41   #20
BBKing
R.I.P.

Services: 20Mb VM CM, Virgin TV
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
Send a message via ICQ to BBKing

Quote:
Came right past the front of the house and then banked 45 degrees to the right
Did your nice bearded neighbour 'Mr. Lin Baden' duck behind his bins at all? I think we should be told.

May not have got the A380 tonight, but this went past just now.
BBKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 23:00   #21
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

We get Apaches, Chinooks and Lynx passing over the village quite often

Fantastic sights

Kymmy
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 23:07   #22
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I've heard a couple of Apaches fly over me at Stansted Airport.

Even though they were quite high, The noise they were making said they were on the roof.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:15   #23
BBKing
R.I.P.

Services: 20Mb VM CM, Virgin TV
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
Send a message via ICQ to BBKing

We have a military helicopter route right past us, along the Thames. Odd to see a bunch of Apaches or a Chinook or a couple of Pumas or a Belgian Sea King or a Luftwaffe CH-53 go past in the middle of London, but there you go. I suspect practicing low flying in urban areas comes in handy at the moment...
BBKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:20   #24
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Just had a Chinook fly over which is a rare sight here.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:31   #25
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

The army flight path that goes over us follows the north side of the Chilterns (I live just off the A6 in that area.
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 00:52   #26
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Thought I'd share with you a few photos from my trip to Filton on Saturday.
It's nice to see a Concorde outside. Soon it is going to be housed in a new hanger.
If only she could fly again..... Alas, it will never happen.
Attached Images
File Type: png 1.png (462.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: png 2.png (383.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: png 3.png (468.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: png 4.png (449.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: png 5.png (433.0 KB, 9 views)

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 00:54   #27
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

A few more....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (31.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (58.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (26.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 9.jpg (33.9 KB, 14 views)

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 16:55   #28
fireman328
Inactive

fireman328 has reached the bronze age
fireman328 has reached the bronze agefireman328 has reached the bronze age

Is it me or are there no pics ?
fireman328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 07:47   #29
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array

When I manage to retrieve the pics from my old laptop I have some shots of a Ford Trimotor flying by overhead while I was parked near the EAA show 2008 in Oshkosh WI (Whitman airport)
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 10:04   #30
blackthorn
cf.geek

blackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation era

Luckily I only a few miles from Airbus at Broughton and I have family who work there. I got invited to the do when the A380 paid its visit to the factory who make the wings for it.
The beluga flys over my house twice a day.

blackthorn is offline   Reply With Quote