Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Arrow

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Arrow

Old 27-05-2016, 20:17   #16
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I am not expecting it to be cancelled so I viewed it as if they were setting up something completely different for next season to give it a fresh start.
It was renewed a while ago, along with Flash and LoT.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2016, 18:53   #17
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Update on the new bad guy which we were discussing recently (along with where the series was going to go):

"The character, tentatively named ‘Anton Church,’ is a ruthless crime lord who sets out to fill the sizable void left by 960Damien Darhk and H.I.V.E. The initial casting notice describes him as an ‘apex predator’ who ‘cuts his way through the shadows’ by taking down ‘the biggest threat first"

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/ar...ire-character/
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 22:11   #18
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

David Ramsey is looking forward to season five of Arrow on CW, and he teased the biggest thing he is looking forward to during the season ahead.

What is he most excited about? The arrival of Supergirl in his life. At an event over the weekend, Ramsey spoke about the big four show crossover planned for December, and he said the following, according to TV Line:

“I wanna see Diggle’s expression when he sees Supergirl flying across the horizon. I want to know what that is.”

He is curious because Diggle had a huge reaction the first time he saw The Flash. He thinks his character will “pee himself” the first time he sees Supergirl.
Old 11-07-2016, 19:35   #19
General Maximus
Ran Away

Like Wentworth Miller before him, Torchwood vet John Barrowman, who plays as Malcolm Merlyn on The CW‘s Arrow TV show, has been signed as a series regular but not solely for Arrow, as he was in the third and fourth seasons.

While Barrowman will continue to appear in Arrow‘s upcoming fifth season, the new contract secures him to appear on all of the CW’s superhero TV shows executive-produced by Greg Berlanti, including The Flash and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, TV Line reports. This new deal should make Barrowman available for Supergirl, as well.

TV Line adds:
‘What it really emulates to us is the comic books themselves, where there really are a cast of characters’, Berlanti said in May, when Miller’s own deal was announced. ‘In success, we hope to continue with other characters finding their way across all the shows’.”

Barrowman appeared in The Flash‘s second season cross-over, episode eight, “Legends of Today,” that set up DC’s Legends of Tomorrow‘s TV show premiere
Old 03-11-2016, 00:36   #20
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

OK so I'm biased but I'm looking forward to episode 10!

Arrow, the show that spawned The CW’s sprawling DC shared universe, is now in its fifth season and closing in on its 100th episode. Oliver Queen a.k.a. The Hood a.k.a. The Arrow a.k.a. The Green Arrow has been through a lot of adventures across those episodes, both in the present day and in the series’ ongoing flashbacks, and some of his most notable adventures have involved the al Ghul family.

Already Arrow fans have gotten to know Ra’s al Ghul (Matt Nable) and Nyssa al Ghul (Katrina Law) very well, but now another member of the infamous family is set to join Arrow in season 5. CBR reports that Lexa Doig (Continuum) has been cast in a recurring role as Talia al Ghul, Nyssa’s half-sister, and will make her first appearance in season 5, episode 10, “Who Are You?” According to The CW’s official description of her character, Talia is “an elite warrior who doesn’t pick sides but rather creates her own.”

Talia al Ghul has already appeared in the Arrowverse, though not in Arrow; a season 1 episode of Legends of Tomorrow, “Left Behind,” featured Talia as a child (played by Milli Wilkinson), and also saw Nable reprise his role as Ra’s al Ghul. The most famous on-screen portrayal of Talia al Ghul to date is in Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises, where the character was portrayed by Marion Cotillard.

Speaking in an interview last year, Arrow‘s executive producer Andrew Kreisberg said that he and the other showrunners were happy focusing on Nyssa’s story arc, and that “if we ever think of a reason to have a Talia or whatever incarnation we decide to do, it would be in service of furthering Katrina’s story.” This means that the arrival of Talia al Ghul could also signal Nyssa al Ghul’s imminent return to the show (Law hasn’t guest-starred since season 4).

A recent report claimed that neither Talia al Ghul nor her father are set to appear in any of Warner Bros.’ currently planned DC movies, so fans of the character who don’t already watch Arrow should consider doing so for this season, since it will be the only place to find a live-action take on Talia for the foreseeable future. The character has been around in the comics since 1971, where she has been romantically involved with Batman and also has a child with him, Damian Wayne, who eventually took up the mantle of Robin.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:29   #21
General Maximus
Ran Away

Flipping brilliant. Rommi is going to kick some ass. I hope she is so popular that she gets a recurring role going forward.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:40   #22
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Thought you'd like the news GM. Episode 10 airs 18th Jan.

Last edited by pip08456; 03-11-2016 at 09:44.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 20:03   #23
General Maximus
Ran Away

Thanks, something which I shall very much be looking forward to after Christmas.
Old 06-12-2016, 03:35   #24
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

I believe Prometheus is merely part of a group headed by the actual Villain which I assume to be Talia Al Ghul, you can make that link by suggesting she wants to avenge her father's death. You can then back up popular theories regarding Prometheus because Talia would've had access to the Lazarus pit before its destruction.

That's merely theory though.

However its worth noting that every season makes use of Flashbacks to explain things that are key to the present day plot. I.E season 4 flashbacks eventually showed you the source of Darhk's power and where it came from. If there's no larger theory like above then its likely the origin of Prometheus and co will be explained via these flashbacks. Where the flashbacks are going this season is anyone's guess though, they have linked it to last season however by introducing a maid whom turns out to be the mother of two people Oliver killed on the Island.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:32   #25
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Best episodes of both Flash and Arrow in a while now.

Enjoy the twists and mind bending theories.

Pretty confident Prometheus is the result of Flashpoint and Lazarus Pit with the assistance of Talia Al Ghul. The latest episode twist can be explained via 2 ways though. Not gonna spoilt the twist anyway.
Old 24-07-2017, 00:20   #26
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Old 11-04-2018, 00:45   #27
General Maximus
Ran Away

This is really starting to do my nut in. you can tell they are desperate for story lines because they can't do the flashbacks anymore so instead they just write in stupid and unrealistic arguments, dramas and breakups between the characters and group. I thought the whole thing with Renee was stupid and repetitive ("I can be completely unreasonable and do whatever I want because you spied on me (even though it was justified) and that gives me an excuse to do whatever I want") and now you have got John too. It needs to get cancelled because I can't see how it can get any more ridiculous.
Old 11-04-2018, 01:36   #28
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Well you have at least another 28 episodes to enjoy (probably 29).

Old 11-04-2018, 05:45   #29
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Good grief General you are getting as nearly as bad as Victor Meldrew lately as perhaps your expectations are becoming too high.
Old 11-04-2018, 15:53   #30
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Nah he's bang on the money. The show is dead and has been for some time. The only purpose of its existence now is crossovers. It used to be the prime show, it had its creative team pulled out from underneath it to work on The Flash and sadly never recovered from that. It only finds a way to get progressively worse. The introduction of fully fledged sidekicks really broke the last straw. The intro sequence is just stupid, the three sidekicks are just stupid and the three sidekick split off team is again, just plain stupid. They're dull and make the show considerably worse. It might not have the best writers at the minute but the show would instantly redeem some of itself by removing all three and reverting back to Oliver Queen and John Diggle and putting out some reasonable storylines. We're for whatever reason heading towards a Villain Diggle too.

I'd say have Oliver join the waverider for a season but that would undermine Cpt Lance, as Oliver is similar but infinitely more skilled.

The Flash is meant to be the prime show. Even that is falling behind. Flashpoint was done poorly and they're feeling it, combined with Legends of Tomorrow gaining traction like a locomotive. They're very close to unofficially losing that 'Prime show' tag to Legends.

So as said in the renewals thread, Legends is sitting atop of the pile right now, it's ever changing, it's hardly ever repetitive. There's a constant flow of changing side characters, the odd legend switcharound and so forth. CW also judged fan reaction by stirring up a possible Constantine Season 2 and then introduced him to Legends as a side character and presumably a full time Legend as of Season 4.