Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | A use for old mobiles

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

A use for old mobiles

Old 19-01-2017, 09:27   #16
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone
Re: A use for old mobiles

Not really, turn on browser or open app, do a captcha every few hours, not that hard really.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-01-2017, 14:28   #17
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

So lets say you do that "captcha" 5 times a day, each one uses up 3 minutes of your time, plus 10 minutes to initially set it up. Over 16 days thats 250 minutes, so you earned 4p per minute, or £2.40 per hour. Yes, I guess its an extra £20 (ish) per month, but personally, I wouldnt bother.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2017, 14:55   #18
techguyone
Deus Vult

techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age

captcha takes around 5 seconds if I'm slow, not sure about the 10 minute setup time, maybe as a one off last month.

5 * 5 = 25

25*16 = 400 (seconds)

so 10 mins + 400 seconds = 17 mins (ish)

Not quite so bad now.

Next 16 day period is only 400 seconds

Last edited by techguyone; 19-01-2017 at 14:59.
Old 19-01-2017, 19:46   #19
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
captcha takes around 5 seconds if I'm slow
I doubt that, unless you are always standing next to the phone.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2017, 21:21   #20
techguyone
Deus Vult

well it's a thing like 'select the road signs' it doesn't take long, plus the app/web page is still clocking up the score so you don't have to catch it the moment it appears, I guess if you didn't get to it eventually it would stop.
Old 20-01-2017, 13:16   #21
techguyone
Deus Vult

I'll show what I mean.

The first picture warns there is a Captcha due, note the count (2061)

I left it for a while, the second picture shows what you have to do - in this case, click on 5 squares, usually it's 3 or so.

The last picture shows that the Captcha is complete, and see the new score (2138) showing that despite not completing the captcha particularly quickly, it still continued to clock up the count on the other 4 devices as the captcha is not synced to appear on all at the same time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg captcha.jpg (71.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg captcha2.jpg (91.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg captcha3.jpg (75.4 KB, 7 views)
Old 20-01-2017, 21:23   #22
techguyone
Deus Vult

Just to add, the £10 perk hit Paypal today as promised.
Old 21-01-2017, 16:01   #23
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
Just to add, the £10 perk hit Paypal today as promised.
See I know its not a huge amount of money but I do around £30 month in amazon vouchers so I just save them up for xmas, so I will £300ish to spend xmas presents just for running an app.
Old 02-02-2017, 16:52   #24
techguyone
Deus Vult

Next £10 in