Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Superhub 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Superhub 2

Old 25-07-2012, 07:40   #16
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: Superhub 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbrokhan786 View Post
What features would you like to see in the next superhub 2 or 3?

Simultaneous Dual Band
Gigabit WiFi
Up to 450 (2.4Ghz) + 1300Mbps (5Ghz) for speeds up to 1750Mbps

better WiFi coverage throughout your home
USB ports
Router that Features Torrent App
external aerial so you can upgrade it in the future
5 Gigabit Ethernet ports with auto-sensing technology
Double firewall protection
Denial-of-service (DoS) attack prevention
Security WPA/WPA2—PSK
Be realistic, your not gong to get USB.

But dual band and wifi range is a must
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-07-2012, 12:37   #17
TAZMANUK
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt Package, V6, 1 gig bb, WiFi max 2 pods, maxit TV, anytime chatter
TAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to TAZMANUK

Id like to see a/c range dual band snd option to have usb only to allow hard drives to be hooked up to stream share etc or a super xl hub at a more cost to have a built on hard drive onboard the hub to download to hub
TAZMANUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2012, 12:46   #18
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post

Even the 10-year-old budget WRT54G was USB capable.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2012, 13:11   #19
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

I'd be happy with a wi-fi range of more than 15 feet.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2012, 13:42   #20
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

You are all prepared to pay for some of the high end stuff you're suggesting?

Not that such willingness will stir VM to liberate the situation. You can always buy your own high end router and use modem mode. What's wrong with that?

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2012, 14:09   #21
adduxi
cf.addict

adduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of light

More or less a repeat of what I posted over on the VM Help Forums .....

There would be nothing better than a really good solid cable modem for those who want one.
I can't believe VM would object to the simple business model of 2 choices;

1 - SuperHub (sic) and all the associated Helpdesk costs that go with this type of equipment.

2 - Cable Modem, no help supplied and all networking is the users responsibility. Simples.... (Nod to Seph!!)

Sometimes the simplest things in life are better
adduxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2012, 17:22   #22
TAZMANUK
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt Package, V6, 1 gig bb, WiFi max 2 pods, maxit TV, anytime chatter
TAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to TAZMANUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
You are all prepared to pay for some of the high end stuff you're suggesting?

Not that such willingness will stir VM to liberate the situation. You can always buy your own high end router and use modem mode. What's wrong with that?
Already have netgear wndr4500
TAZMANUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2012, 17:37   #23
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post

Who says? USB isn't exactly a high cost option now. I wouldn't be surprised if the SH2 end up coming with at least one USB port.

I would want a better wireless arial, I personally don't have any issues with my wifi connection but there are of course people out there that do.

Maybe they could even build in a voip phone line so that people no longer need a physical landline installed.
Old 25-07-2012, 18:04   #24
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

they havent even enabled usb on the stbs. virgin would want the thing to be as minimalistic as possible, i cant see them training techs on attatching usb hdds etc
Old 25-07-2012, 20:44   #25
Boabyboy
Inactive

Services: VM Cable Broadband & Telco
Boabyboy is just really niceBoabyboy is just really niceBoabyboy is just really niceBoabyboy is just really niceBoabyboy is just really niceBoabyboy is just really nice

My ideal SuperHub 2 would be VM to have a relationship with D-Link to manufacture a combined DOCSIS cable modem with an integrated DIR-655 wifi N gigabit router all in one. That would be a serious router/cable modem hybrid with upgradable antennas and also included with the hybrid is all of the whizz & bells features of the DIR-655 firmware. Awesome. Doubt the BT HomeHub can beat that?
Boabyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2012, 22:24   #26
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12...l#post35456401

Quote:
Got an early upgrade today and unfortunately had to let my vmng300 go but I got a matte superhub which I think looks nicer than the shiny ones, tho I suppose its just another cost cutting measure.
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2012, 22:30   #27
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

It has been posted elsewhere but it is still the VMND480 it just has a matte case nothing more, if the was a replacement it would have arrived with fanfares and multiple posts over every forum but sadly it is still the Superhub 1, as for Superhub 2 that was canned last year and the purported Superhub 3 has also failed to raise its head.

They probably decided that giving it external antennas was not aesthetically pleasing which was part of the actual remit for Superhub 3 it must be pleasing on the eye as they do not care if it works as it must look nice which will be why the present device has 2 stamp sized antenna inside the case at the back.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2012, 22:43   #28
Jayster
I am the one who knocks

Services: 200/20 SH3, V6 Box
Jayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_ View Post
It has been posted elsewhere but it is still the VMND480 it just has a matte case nothing more, if the was a replacement it would have arrived with fanfares and multiple posts over every forum but sadly it is still the Superhub 1, as for Superhub 2 that was canned last year and the purported Superhub 3 has also failed to raise its head.
Indeed it is exactly the same as every other sh I have seen just a matte case which I believe is to save money.
Jayster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 20:17   #29
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

I forgot about posting this, it could be wrong it could correct? During a conversation I had with 'someone' I was told VM are annoyed by this current SH1 crap and have made changes so the SH2 is much better. The design is different including the ports which will be on the side. I was told a little more but I'll refrain saying too much just yet. Can anyone confirm or share anything SH2?
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 20:31   #30
jb66
cf.mega poster

ive seen a few pictures of the prototype and by the looks of it it does infact have a usb port and can do dual band wifi