Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Gift to VM employees/agency workers.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Gift to VM employees/agency workers.
Closed Thread

Old 21-02-2012, 22:21   #46
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Gift to VM employees/agency workers.

When you look at it like that, I can see why some staff may have felt that way.

Did the books just turn up out of the blue, or did anyone eg the unions and/or management get chance to say that it might not be such a good idea to send some to Liverpool?

How did VM staff at other sites receive the gift (at sites where there no redundancies had/have been announced?)

Were they ok with it?
Advertisement
Old 21-02-2012, 22:25   #47
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

They just turned up up idea what the union thought about it but to be honest even if they knew I think the best option was to let people decide what they thought about the book and if they wanted a copy, the were still many unopened boxes when I left.

I expect other sites also received them.
Old 22-02-2012, 00:29   #48
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
So, did the Albert Dock staff receive £25 towards a Christmas party as well as the book?

I still think that it's rather ungracious to refuse a gift that has been offered, a bit like handing someone a Christmas present straight back and saying that you don't want/like it! I suppose we all have different values and, it's a possibility, that the book was sent to Albert Dock to encourage people to start their own business after redundancy.

Of those that took offence to the book, what would you say was the main reason?

From the information I have gathered, the gift seems to be viewed as either:

- Insensitive and/or inappropriate. A bit like the bank repossessing ones house and then sending a Christmas card to say "all the best for 2012"!

OR

- An ego trip by Sir Branston, ie the assumption that staff want to read all about him.

From what I know about him, I doubt the second reason was anything intentional and he probably knows nothing about this.

Have I summed up the reasons accurately?

Are there any other issues regarding this that offended people that I have overlooked?
Why do you want to know?What is it to you how they received this gift? Who are you to sit in judgement? Were you the one who organised this 'gift'? What the hell are your motives in all this questioning?You have been worrying at this for over a month now and just can't seem to accept what you have been told.I'm now VERY curious as to why you keep reviving this thread.
Old 22-02-2012, 07:05   #49
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:

How did VM staff at other sites receive the gift (at sites where there no redundancies had/have been announced?)

Were they ok with it?
It was dumped on our tables with no explanation of why. We came in to work and there it was. I have found it to be a very boring read so far and nothing like i expected.

---------- Post added at 07:05 ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Why do you want to know?What is it to you how they received this gift? Who are you to sit in judgement? Were you the one who organised this 'gift'? What the hell are your motives in all this questioning?You have been worrying at this for over a month now and just can't seem to accept what you have been told.I'm now VERY curious as to why you keep reviving this thread.
A few have asked this as well as i don't see ANY questions being asked on here of anyone else about there employer or employment or even any gifts they have received. I feel we as vm staff are the only members of this forum to be targeted with these constant questions ???

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Old 22-02-2012, 13:27   #50
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Its happened to me many times over the years, l think it would be nice of a company that you have helped make a lot of money, gives you back some sort of gift.

A company that l worked for many years ago gave me £10.00 for Xmas, l went straight up to him when he was talking to directors of the main company, and said 'you are a scrooge stick your money up your backside' the main company we worked for gave us a box of wine and champagne.
Old 22-02-2012, 13:28   #51
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

What a career-enhancing move.....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 22-02-2012, 13:45   #52
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
When you look at it like that, I can see why some staff may have felt that way.

Did the books just turn up out of the blue, or did anyone eg the unions and/or management get chance to say that it might not be such a good idea to send some to Liverpool?

Were they ok with it?
I took the book home, but I haven't read it. I can totally understand the staff who binned it.
Old 22-02-2012, 15:24   #53
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Its happened to me many times over the years, l think it would be nice of a company that you have helped make a lot of money, gives you back some sort of gift.

A company that l worked for many years ago gave me £10.00 for Xmas, l went straight up to him when he was talking to directors of the main company, and said 'you are a scrooge stick your money up your backside' the main company we worked for gave us a box of wine and champagne.
Cor-blimey guvnor only an Ayrton Senna for Christmas you can stick that right up the Khyber Pass.

Dear boy how shocking. I’m flabbergasted here have some alcoholic beverages to calm you angst.
Old 22-02-2012, 19:28   #54
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzae View Post
Cor-blimey guvnor only an Ayrton Senna for Christmas you can stick that right up the Khyber Pass.

Dear boy how shocking. I’m flabbergasted here have some alcoholic beverages to calm you angst.

Old 23-02-2012, 00:33   #55
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
I took the book home, but I haven't read it. I can totally understand the staff who binned it.
I knew you'd taken yours home. What you did with it afterwards is your own choice, but at least you had the good grace to accept the gift in the manner it was intended

I don't see any excuse for putting the books in the bin, that is wasteful and ill mannered.

Recycling is a little better, but it is more environmentally friendly to reuse than recycle.

When you do get a chance to read it, would you mind letting me know what you thought of it?

Cheers.
Old 23-02-2012, 01:00   #56
SkyFTW
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky+HD ,Sky Multiroom, Sky unlimited BB, Anytime+
SkyFTW can only hope to improve

Quote:
I knew you'd taken yours home. What you did with it afterwards is your own choice, but at least you had the good grace to accept the gift in the manner it was intended

I don't see any excuse for putting the books in the bin, that is wasteful and ill mannered.

Recycling is a little better, but it is more environmentally friendly to reuse than recycle.

When you do get a chance to read it, would you mind letting me know what you thought of it?

Cheers.
Your constant begging for a copy of Richard Bransons book coupled with your small minded ignorant discriminative views of Bi-sexuals/Homosexuals leave me aghast.

You are quite simply one of the most narrow minded under educated forum users I have ever come across in my time on the internet. Perhaps the Jeremy Kyle show is a place you will find others with similar opinions to yours?

---------- Post added at 01:00 ---------- Previous post was at 00:57 ----------

Quote:

WOW LOL.....

My Mrs got £3600 this year its usually closer to £7000 but hey, times are hard. I got the usual £500 + a westend show and meal for 2. I guess that's still worth £900 in total.
Old 23-02-2012, 07:15   #57
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Any further personal comments will be dealt with by infractions.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 23-02-2012, 09:08   #58
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array

Quote:

Cheers.
I don't want to sound mean, but get over it VM sent a book about RB to its workers some liked it some didn't.

---------- Post added at 09:07 ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 ----------

Quote:

I take it that was your old work place.

---------- Post added at 09:08 ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFTW View Post
Your constant begging for a copy of Richard Bransons book coupled with your small minded ignorant discriminative views of Bi-sexuals/Homosexuals leave me aghast.

You are quite simply one of the most narrow minded under educated forum users I have ever come across in my time on the internet. Perhaps the Jeremy Kyle show is a place you will find others with similar opinions to yours?

---------- Post added at 01:00 ---------- Previous post was at 00:57 ----------

WOW LOL.....

My Mrs got £3600 this year its usually closer to £7000 but hey, times are hard. I got the usual £500 + a westend show and meal for 2. I guess that's still worth £900 in total.
Should of told her company where to stick it lol
Old 23-02-2012, 11:51   #59
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:

Cheers.
I note you carefully did not answer my questions in post #48?
Old 23-02-2012, 12:27   #60
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
I note you carefully did not answer my question in post #48?
I do hope your are given an answer

Closed Thread