Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Boxing 2012

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

Boxing 2012

Old 17-02-2012, 17:03   #31
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Re: Boxing 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Khan and Peterson is happening in May!

I was really disappointed with Khan's attitude following the 1st fight. He should have accepted defeat gracefully. He was a poor loser. For me, he underestimated his opponent and was thinking of the fights beyond Peterson.That showed a lack of respect.

I hope Peterson spanks him convincingly this time!
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-02-2012, 17:06   #32
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo View Post
I was really disappointed with Khan's attitude following the 1st fight. He should have accepted defeat gracefully. He was a poor loser. For me, he underestimated his opponent and was thinking of the fights beyond Peterson.That showed a lack of respect.

Yes arrogance is something l do not like at all and l also think the fight in May will be very close indeed.
Old 17-02-2012, 17:46   #33
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo View Post

He was living in his own hype, I'm afraid it wont be the same case this time round because Khan will be looking to make a statement and will likely blow Peterson away.

Anyone got views on Pacman vs Bradley? I think its a stupid idea and Bradley has talked himself into a world of trouble. I bet he happens to get some form of 'injury' a week before the fight.

Predictions

Khan vs Peterson - Khan (KO-TKO)
Pacman vs Bradley - Manny (KO-TKO) Would even say as quick as the first round

Mayweather vs Cotto (Mayweather UD)
Old 17-02-2012, 17:53   #34
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Pacman will make Bradley look like a schoolboy in my mind and it will be over very quickly.
Old 18-02-2012, 00:23   #35
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Ha!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/17080909
Old 19-02-2012, 10:26   #36
denphone
Still alive and fighting

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/17086859

Quote:
Dereck Chisora was outpointed by Vitali Klitschko in Munich, but the British challenger showed plenty of heart in taking the fight to the scorecards.

Klitschko, defending his WBC heavyweight crown, was a heavy favourite but was unable to do to Chisora what he had done to 40 of his previous 45 opponents, namely knock him out before the final bell.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/17088021

Quote:
Dereck Chisora threatened to shoot David Haye after the two were involved in a brawl at the news conference following Chisora's WBC heavyweight title loss to Vitali Klitschko.

Chisora accused Haye of "glassing him", before saying at least four times that he would shoot the former WBA heavyweight champion.

He then added: "If David don't fight me, I am going to physically burn him."
Old 19-02-2012, 12:20   #37
Buzzman
Inactive

Services: VIP 50 with TIVO
Buzzman is an unknown quantity at this point

Chisora seems to have a point, looks like a bottle in Haye's hand.

Buzzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2012, 12:25   #38
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Still not a very good sight for british boxing is it though.
Old 19-02-2012, 12:39   #39
Buzzman
Inactive

Absolutely not. I saw footage of this on Youtube, but you could not see exactly what went on. This photo merely proves that a bottle was used, what Chisora might have said/done to provoke this is still a mystery to me.

Do you think either/both might see some sort of boxing licence revokation/suspension?
Old 19-02-2012, 12:48   #40
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzman View Post
Absolutely not. I saw footage of this on Youtube, but you could not see exactly what went on. This photo merely proves that a bottle was used, what Chisora might have said/done to provoke this is still a mystery to me.

Do you think either/both might see some sort of boxing licence revokation/suspension?
To set a example l think something has to be done but whether the boxing authorities do something we will just have to wait and see.
Old 19-02-2012, 12:55   #41
Buzzman
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
To set a example l think something has to be done.
Agreed.
Old 19-02-2012, 15:00   #42
denphone
Still alive and fighting

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/17088619

Quote:
A update to the Chisora story.

Dereck Chisora has been arrested by German police after a brawl with fellow British boxer David Haye in Munich.

Chisora and his trainer, Don Charles, were taken from the city's airport by police as part of the investigation.

Haye and Chisora clashed at the post-fight press conference after Chisora was beaten on points by defending WBC champion Vitali Klitschko.

Police are still searching for Haye, who was not present at the hotel when sought for questioning.

Haye showed up at the news conference to confront Klitschko, who he believes changed his mind on a potential fight between the pair.
Old 19-02-2012, 15:02   #43
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Chisora taunted an animal and he got bitten. Chisora and Frank Warren were baiting Haye into a fight which is now probably certain to happen and is a stupid idea and a bad move from both Warren and Chisora.

With 3 losses already to his name in quick succession he would have to start from the very back if he lost yet another fight. Watching the fight last night and seeing the way Chisora defended poorly against a very slow Vitali. He should think about that very carefully when picking an opponent that's massively faster than Vitali and has a devastating power punch.

This will be Audley Harrison all over again and We want to see Haye take on Vitali so not at all pleased with this. Based on last night's performance with Vitali I would be looking to avoid Haye at all costs.

Quote:
Just let them fight, Chisora has it coming after the slaps and spitting. He was sat at the post press conference with this to say.

Quote:
"David, you and me can get it on in London. Be quiet. David Haye is an embarrassment.

"Sky Sports don't do Box Office because of David Haye. He messed up Box Office for all the young fighters and I'm going to give him two slaps for that."

Chisora continued: "If David Haye is a fighter he should fight me. Let's fight, me and you.

"David, how's your toe?"
Old 19-02-2012, 15:10   #44
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes arrogance is something l do not like at all and l also think the fight in May will be very close indeed.
Ali wasn't short of arrogance was he. IMHO there's a difference between the sort of arrogance many great fighters have (something which I believe helps make them great) and the sort of PR arrogance the likes of Chisora displayed which was little more than a stunt. I really do hope boxing isn't going the way of wrestling when it comes to upping the PR stakes.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2012, 15:16   #45
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Ali wasn't short of arrogance was he. IMHO there's a difference between the sort of arrogance many great fighters have (something which I believe helps make them great) and the sort of PR arrogance the likes of Chisora displayed which was nothing more than a stunt. I really do hope boxing isn't going the way of wrestling when it comes to upping the PR stakes.
Yes l have to agree with a lot you are saying as there is one thing l hate and that is this constant hyperhole we have at these big sporting events and l think like most sports fans most of us just want to watch and enjoy the event at the end of the day rather then the media circus and inflated ego's which constantly builds up to most of these events.