Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Caller Display going Free ?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Landline dead in WN2 area

Old 19-12-2010, 12:20   #1
philwhite100
This tastes nice

Services: TiVo V6 - 500mb -
philwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to philwhite100
Landline dead in WN2 area

Just called CS to tell them my landline is down and was told this is due to cable replacement and will take between 4 and 24hours to complete but it has been 48 hours since we could use our landline and they could not explain and there is nothing shown on the service status section either.

I don't mind waiting as faults do occur but sometimes the lack of info like nothing on the service status annoys me a little.
Old 19-12-2010, 12:30   #2
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: Landline dead in WN2 area

Quote:
Originally Posted by philwhite100 View Post
Just called CS to tell them my landline is down and was told this is due to cable replacement and will take between 4 and 24hours to complete but it has been 48 hours since we could use our landline and they could not explain and there is nothing shown on the service status section either.

I don't mind waiting as faults do occur but sometimes the lack of info like nothing on the service status annoys me a little.
It would only be on the service status if it was a large area fault, or a good portion of the cab you are connected to is affected. It automatically places a message on there from our faults database.

It's more likely a mux card fault, affecting about 20-30 customers. I'll check later when in work for you.

HTH
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2010, 17:27   #3
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Can you check the Status Page now please?

the engineers are having trouble with this due to health & safety issues, due to weather.

Trying to get an engineers there today at some point, if safe enough.
Old 19-12-2010, 17:54   #4
philwhite100
This tastes nice

philwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nice

Just checked Service Status page again and it shows all services are disrupted but it is just the phone in my case.
Old 19-12-2010, 18:00   #5
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Just checked Service Status page again and it shows all services are disrupted but it is just the phone in my case.
Cool, so you are on that cab. Some customers have loss of TV & Broadband too.

as i say it's a health & safety issue at the moment. Whilst your exact location may be ok, it may not be safe for engineers to travel to.

You can now track the ticket on the status page though. I enabled it as it was ongoing.

As you can see we hope to have it resolved this evening, but it may take a little longer.

Hope this has been helpful to you.
Old 19-12-2010, 18:10   #6
philwhite100
This tastes nice

Thanks for that. The cab is down the other end of the road to us (i think) at the culdesac end so access due to road conditions will be a little tricky as you say.
Old 19-12-2010, 19:45   #7
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Thanks for that. The cab is down the other end of the road to us (i think) at the culdesac end so access due to road conditions will be a little tricky as you say.
We just have 1 telco switch port out now, but this needs 2 engineers to attend tomorrow daytime. We have amended the ticket to the next est fix.
Old 21-12-2010, 20:19   #8
philwhite100
This tastes nice

Now had no landline for the past four days so i called CS who informed me that the engineers are having to replace a whole section of cable so it must be a big job.
Old 22-12-2010, 14:03   #9
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Now had no landline for the past four days so i called CS who informed me that the engineers are having to replace a whole section of cable so it must be a big job.
You all back-up now Phil? I can't see the ticket listed now.
Old 22-12-2010, 19:22   #10
philwhite100
This tastes nice

NO, still no landline, My partner rang CS yet again at about 8.30 this morning and was told work was still ongoing but now there is still no landline (writing this message at about 6pm)
Other VM cable phone customers in our street have working landlines and have not had a fault so could this be a fault on the cable on our property as 5 days have elapsed now.

Please can you reply with any further info you can provide as calling CS from a mobile is not cheap.

Thanks.
Old 23-12-2010, 15:01   #11
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
NO, still no landline, My partner rang CS yet again at about 8.30 this morning and was told work was still ongoing but now there is still no landline (writing this message at about 6pm)
Other VM cable phone customers in our street have working landlines and have not had a fault so could this be a fault on the cable on our property as 5 days have elapsed now.

Please can you reply with any further info you can provide as calling CS from a mobile is not cheap.

Thanks.
Hi Phil,

Sorry about the delay in geting back to you. I've checked and we've had to open a new ticket for the remaining customers affected. You should see it if you put your details in the Status Page.

Currently with our remote engineering team. They are trying to isilate the fault.
Old 23-12-2010, 16:13   #12
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

It was supposed to be fixed at 1225 today the last time I looked.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2010, 18:54   #13
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Hi Phil,

Sorry about the delay in geting back to you. I've checked and we've had to open a new ticket for the remaining customers affected. You should see it if you put your details in the Status Page.

Currently with our remote engineering team. They are trying to isilate the fault.
Right, quick update. We have got nearly all of the last LCN's back in service now. Can you advise whether yours is back on please, Phil?

---------- Post added at 17:54 ---------- Previous post was at 17:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
It was supposed to be fixed at 1225 today the last time I looked.
Yep, I've been managing the ticket today. I'm hoping Phil is on one of the fixed LCN's now!
Old 23-12-2010, 19:08   #14
philwhite100
This tastes nice

Sorry, stilll no phone line. I cannot reply to any of these messages untill i get home from work at around 6pm.
Nobody has phoned my partner on her mobile with any updates as requested.
Old 23-12-2010, 19:11   #15
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Sorry, stilll no phone line. I cannot reply to any of these messages untill i get home from work at around 6pm.
Nobody has phoned my partner on her mobile with any updates as requested.
Ok Phil. When did you last check? Is your line giving a dead tone when called?