Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Dixons Coverplan

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Dixons Coverplan

Old 30-03-2005, 19:07   #31
Strzelecki
Inactive

Services: 80/20Mbps FTTC on Freeola
Strzelecki has reached the bronze age
Strzelecki has reached the bronze ageStrzelecki has reached the bronze ageStrzelecki has reached the bronze ageStrzelecki has reached the bronze ageStrzelecki has reached the bronze ageStrzelecki has reached the bronze ageStrzelecki has reached the bronze ageStrzelecki has reached the bronze ageStrzelecki has reached the bronze ageStrzelecki has reached the bronze ageStrzelecki has reached the bronze age
Re: Dixons Coverplan

hmm didn't know Dixons did that. The PC World I work at we just return anything that isn't faulty under 28 days, so long as the person hasn't totally destroyed the packaging, then we reserve the right to charge them 10% restocking fee. Faulty items we just swap straight away so long as all the parts are with it (box doesn't matter much, nothing a bit of bubble wrap can't handle!). There's a member on here who's returned stuff to our store and he said something along the lines of 'amazed how easy it was to return the item even though it was opened and used', it's because the people I work with know the rights, we're not trained to know them from the start, I just think a few DSG workers know what it's like and so like to know them, I certainly like to know my rights, both as a customer and from the business side, makes life easier for the customer and the employee dealing with the return in the end.
Strzelecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-03-2005, 20:24   #32
Nidge

Services: Virgin, phone and 50meg Broadband.
Re: Dixons Coverplan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget
Has your cover plan come into effect yet? If you bought it at the end of January, surely it's still covered by the 12 month manufacturers guarantee? As I understand it, your coverplan won't effectively kick in until the end of January last year (or, at least, that's what happened with my coverplan for the Sky box).

I'm could wrong but it's something to check

You are right there mate if your manufactures guarantee is valid you are entitled to a straight swap there and then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strzelecki
hmm didn't know Dixons did that. The PC World I work at we just return anything that isn't faulty under 28 days, so long as the person hasn't totally destroyed the packaging, then we reserve the right to charge them 10% restocking fee. Faulty items we just swap straight away so long as all the parts are with it (box doesn't matter much, nothing a bit of bubble wrap can't handle!). There's a member on here who's returned stuff to our store and he said something along the lines of 'amazed how easy it was to return the item even though it was opened and used', it's because the people I work with know the rights, we're not trained to know them from the start, I just think a few DSG workers know what it's like and so like to know them, I certainly like to know my rights, both as a customer and from the business side, makes life easier for the customer and the employee dealing with the return in the end.
I've took stuff back to Dixans/ PC world well after 28 days and got a straight swap.