Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Need advice with new flat not on VM system

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Need advice with new flat not on VM system

Old 03-05-2011, 16:12   #1
beasty54
cf.addict

Services: 1gb, Full TV
beasty54 is on a distinguished roadbeasty54 is on a distinguished road
Need advice with new flat not on VM system

Hi guys, I'm just hoping to get a bit of advice regarding my new flat. Basically the house is divdided into 3 flats but mine isn't on VMs system. The property is registered correctly with royal mail, and VM have checked this and confirmed that there system is wrong.

This is how VMs system is showing my property (not the real street and number)

265 Terrys lane (does not exist)
265, Flat 1 Terrys lane
265, Flat 2 Terrys lane

This is how it should be, and is on Royal Mails system.

265, Flat 1 Terrys lane
265, Flat 2 Terrys lane
265, Flat 3 Terrys lane (my flat at the back of the house)

Ive spoken to a few people at VM now but each time i call i get given different advice, or i'm left on hold for 30 mins. What they have said so far, and i was quite shocked, is that they can put it down as flat 2 and come and do an installation Obviously i refused this option because i dont live in flat 2 and dont want problems when the person that does live there wants to order cable.

When i called last thursday i was told an engineer would call me to arrange a visit so he can confirm an install is possible, i asked why when the house is clearly in a cabled area and an engineer visit isn't needed to confirm an extra box can be installed in your bedroom?? Anyway... an engineer hasn't called yet to sort this out so i rung back today and as i expected, theres no record of a planned visit. After wasting about 90 mins on the phone earlier i was finally promised a call back in a few mins, 2 hours later i hadn't had this call so i rung again. I'm now back to square one and an engineer is apparently going to call me back

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience? or maybe one of the VM staff that post here might have some advice. Any help would be appreciated.
beasty54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2011, 16:18   #2
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Need advice with new flat not on VM system

I'm sure that the database can be corrected. The usual procedure would be to get the spotters team for the area involved as they are the ones who would do a brief site visit, confirm the facts and then be able to trigger the computer record updates.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 16:25   #3
beasty54
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I'm sure that the database can be corrected. The usual procedure would be to get the spotters team for the area involved as they are the ones who would do a brief site visit, confirm the facts and then be able to trigger the computer record updates.
Well this is what i was originally told but then nobody called back and noithing was logged on the system, it amazes me that no 2 people can give me the same answer when i call, and no single person seems to really know how this can be fixed.
Old 03-05-2011, 16:25   #4
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

beasty54 do you want to PM me the details and I will get this sorted for you.

Cheers

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 16:35   #5
beasty54
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesteev View Post

Cheers
PM sent, appreciate the help
Old 04-05-2011, 16:25   #6
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

This happened to me 2 years ago. VM don't just rely on the Royal Mail database but also on the electoral roll which helps their credit checks.

It was easily solved as I met a rep from the Cardiff shop the week before I moved in at the flat and gave him a copy of my lease agreement.

Got installed the day before I moved in, just had to meet the install team with lappy in hand to check connection.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 16:45   #7
beasty54
cf.addict

Ive got it all sorted now thanks to weesteev, just a shame all VM staff aren't that good.
Old 04-05-2011, 21:51   #8
Virginonleavin
Inactive

Virginonleavin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Cheers
Weesteev, I may call on your help at some point soon, had a similar experience when calling VM today about asking for a pre-install visit. Was told an engineer will call me prior to an installation planned for the 12th. Problem was he couldn't tell me who would call or when they would call, when I got off the phone I realised he didn't even ask for my phone number!

Will call them again but can you outline what should happen with a new installation reference a pre installation visit?
Virginonleavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 23:34   #9
weesteev
Cable Guru

weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

Couldnt tell you to be honest but I could look at the issue for you? Is your issue with internal cable runs or external?

I was under the impression that a pre install survey is booked on the billing system to a timeslot similar to that of an install so they should be able to confirm a date/time for visit. It would be one of the field sales team/spotters that visits.

Old 05-05-2011, 00:01   #10
Virginonleavin
Inactive

Virginonleavin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Couldnt tell you to be honest but I could look at the issue for you? Is your issue with internal cable runs or external?

I was under the impression that a pre install survey is booked on the billing system to a timeslot similar to that of an install so they should be able to confirm a date/time for visit. It would be one of the field sales team/spotters that visits.
External cable runs - whats the longest distance the cable can travel from the road to the house?

I'll call them again tomorrow to see if there is a visit planned on the system, if I get no joy I may give you a PM.

Thanks.
Virginonleavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 00:16   #11
weesteev
Cable Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginonleavin View Post
External cable runs - whats the longest distance the cable can travel from the road to the house?

I'll call them again tomorrow to see if there is a visit planned on the system, if I get no joy I may give you a PM.

Thanks.
Depends on what tap port you are connected to.

No problem, let me know if you need help.

Old 06-05-2011, 02:58   #12
PGPGPG
Inactive

PGPGPG is an unknown quantity at this point

I had similer problem about a moha go when i devided my house into 4 properties ( Flats) Brfore my house was devided into 6 bedrooms and 4 rooms were on the virginmedia's system. I told them to have 4 flats numbers added into the system and get all 4 wired up. They sent me a form to fill in and a survayor came to see me by calling sales on 01143030430. 2 of my tanents wanted to get connected so VM moved fast and added my all 4 flats into their system

try this sales one
PGPGPG is offline   Reply With Quote