Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | My blood is boiling

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

My blood is boiling

Old 26-03-2011, 16:26   #1
anandaC
Inactive

anandaC is an unknown quantity at this point
My blood is boiling

Hi everyone, I hope someone on here can give me some advice? I recently call V to change my phone package from 800 min to 400 min as I had over 1000 min left on the day I called to change it. As you all know we pay a month in advance so I had already paid for those minutes.

They then went ahead and changed my package immediately and not the next month (when my minutes were to be added again) and took away my 1000 min! I can not believe that, they basically stole my minutes! Now I have charges of over £120 for phone calls! They are not willing to budge and will give me £30 back - what a joke!

My husband is overseas alot and thats why I have the package to call him, but they never said they were taking away my minutes and starting the new package already. I think its illegal to take something away that I paid for already and then expect me to pay for the calls that were suppose to come off my minute allowance.

Sorry for the rant, but they are not good for someone that already has high bloodpressure
anandaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-03-2011, 16:31   #2
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: My blood is boiling

The 1000 rollover minutes were for the existing package, when you changed packages the minutes would have no longer been relevant. Just about all companies do that.. Most won't also roll them over for more than a month.
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2011, 17:35   #3
anandaC
Inactive

I guess thats fair enough but they still changed the package before they should have! No person in their right mind would risk losing 1000 min to change it to 400 min? Why should we as consumers always put up with all the bad service and nonsense excuses we are given? I am not going to let this one slide, enough is enough!
Old 26-03-2011, 17:36   #4
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Talk plan changes are immediate. They won't forward date a change. Same as a TV package change will happen the day you ask for it (unless there is an install along with it)

If you didn't want to lose the minutes you should have called up when they ran out.

By the way you would have had a part month credit for the difference between the two Talk Plans so will have the 'extra' back when the change was made
Old 26-03-2011, 17:45   #5
anandaC
Inactive

You seem to miss the point, I didn't ask for it to be changed immediately! I wanted it done on the next date when I got minutes. It is Virgin's mistake for not informing me that they would do it immediately! Should I just accept it when I ask for something and get given something else that makes me lose 1000 min and cost me £120? Will anyone on here have just said...ok thats fine and pay it?

I have been a loyal customer that pays well in access of £140 p/m for their services, don't I deserve a bit more courtesy?
Old 26-03-2011, 18:33   #6
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandaC View Post
You seem to miss the point, I didn't ask for it to be changed immediately! I wanted it done on the next date when I got minutes. It is Virgin's mistake for not informing me that they would do it immediately! Should I just accept it when I ask for something and get given something else that makes me lose 1000 min and cost me £120? Will anyone on here have just said...ok thats fine and pay it?

I have been a loyal customer that pays well in access of £140 p/m for their services, don't I deserve a bit more courtesy?
Then why didn't you wait?

did you ask when would it be done?
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2011, 19:00   #7
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

As Digital Fanatic says you should have asked when the new package would become active and if immediately you could have chosen to wait.. Not really VM's fault for them just following standard operating practices..
Old 26-03-2011, 20:39   #8
anandaC
Inactive

yeah yeah you all seem to either work for them or have never had a problem with them. Everytime an answer or question that doesn't make sense. I clearly said change my package when next minutes are available end of!! Anyway, will be in contact with ofcom. I paid for minutes they took away without notice. Stealing in other words.

Thanks for all your WONDERFUL advice!
Old 26-03-2011, 20:42   #9
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Anyway, will be in contact with ofcom. I paid for minutes they took away without notice. Stealing in other words.
Except you would have got a credit back on your account for the unused portion of the higher package.

Not stealing

Oh and OFCOM don't deal with individual complaints, they will refer you back to Virgin to follow it's complaints procedure
Old 26-03-2011, 20:45   #10
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
yeah yeah you all seem to either work for them or have never had a problem with them. Everytime an answer or question that doesn't make sense. I clearly said change my package when next minutes are available end of!! Anyway, will be in contact with ofcom. I paid for minutes they took away without notice. Stealing in other words.

There is no need to be rude, just because you don't like the answers you get

Would you rather we all to gave you duff info?
Old 26-03-2011, 20:56   #11
anandaC
Inactive

I am rude? You give your opinions in a not so very nice way and I am rude? I thought advice on here was suppose to be impartial? Apparently not.

Have any of you seen how many people complain about Virgins so called complaints procedure? Its a big joke! I will go as far as possible with this, its going to be one time that I will not accept anything less than what I asked for. Sky is better after all, and I will make sure everyone possible knows how bad the service has been at Virgin.

Old 26-03-2011, 21:15   #12
Kymmy
Inactive

Quote:
I am rude? You give your opinions in a not so very nice way and I am rude? I thought advice on here was suppose to be impartial? Apparently not.
Impartial... Nah.. Instead I always prefer to give correct advice when possible
Old 26-03-2011, 22:06   #13
Rainman
Inactive

Rainman is an unknown quantity at this point

Stick to your guns, If you ask VM to change it at the next month and it was agreed then that's what it should have been. I have just arranged a new package deal and was promise the April increase would not affect the price we have agreed. I received my bill and guess what the increase was added on, it took 3 times before it was put right.
The VM customer service people are really good its just some times what is said is not recorded on their computers.
YOU know what you agreed with VM so let them know
Rainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2011, 03:20   #14
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:

Have any of you seen how many people complain about Virgins so called complaints procedure? Its a big joke! I will go as far as possible with this, its going to be one time that I will not accept anything less than what I asked for. Sky is better after all, and I will make sure everyone possible knows how bad the service has been at Virgin.

I'm reading back and I can't see where I wasn't nice? You seem to have been looking for something to back your incorrect assumption that VM had you off.

The truth is you contacted VM too early and now you realise your mistake, fair enough, but having a go at me for it is a little uncalled for. I was only offering advice from a knowledgable position.

Quote:
This I find rude.. yes.

---------- Post added at 01:20 ---------- Previous post was at 00:54 ----------

I see you've posted on our Community Forum too

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...ng/td-p/417017
Old 27-03-2011, 11:08   #15
anandaC
Inactive

@ Digital Fanatic - So what you are saying is that even if I asked for it to be done on my next minute allowance I should not have expected it as its not your practise? I did it on that day because thats when I realised I had so many minutes and it was a waste to continue paying an extra £10 a month. And funny enough, its not the first time I have had incorrect information from Virgin or where the advisor I spoke to didn't give me the correct information. And yes I did post on the community forum to, and will do it on alot of other forums and even the newspapers if I have to where other consumers get ripped off. I am not talking of a few pounds here, to me its alot of money!

They should have rather looked at me as a loyal customer and given me the credit in good faith as I spend hundreds of pounds on their services and paid for those minutes upfront. Anyway, I will get this sorted out if its the last thing I do!