Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Phone Not Working

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Phone Not Working

Old 25-05-2010, 12:03   #1
tomtank62
Inactive

tomtank62 is on a distinguished roadtomtank62 is on a distinguished road
Phone Not Working

My home phone is not working in the Harrogate area. There is no dial tone and when I call home from a mobile I get Phone No not valid.
Anyone else got the same problem?
tomtank62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-05-2010, 13:20   #2
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: Phone Not Working

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtank62 View Post
My home phone is not working in the Harrogate area. There is no dial tone and when I call home from a mobile I get Phone No not valid.
Anyone else got the same problem?
We have a major outage in Harrogate, under ref 1271764

You can track the ticket on the Status Page - see my sig
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 14:22   #3
tomtank62
Inactive

tomtank62 is on a distinguished roadtomtank62 is on a distinguished road

Thanks, I never found any indications of a fault on the status page, it only showed green.
Anyway it is now fixed.
tomtank62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 14:54   #4
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtank62 View Post
Thanks, I never found any indications of a fault on the status page, it only showed green.
Anyway it is now fixed.
We don't have traffic lights for Cable now? Did you use the correct link? You need to input your telephone number too.

It is restored now though, so maybe thats why you didn't see it

Glad you are back on though
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2010, 10:15   #5
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia

Is there any way to report a fault without ringing?

My phone is fuzzy and only works for a few mins if i gently tap the brown box outside
Pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2010, 17:36   #6
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pia View Post
Is there any way to report a fault without ringing?

My phone is fuzzy and only works for a few mins if i gently tap the brown box outside
You could use VM's Help & Support Forum (you will need to register first). The staff there can arrange appointments for you should you need one.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2010, 17:40   #7
Pia
Inactive

Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars

Thanks i was just coming back on to say i've rang them now and they're coming out tomorrow. Gave the box a swift boot and it worked long enough to ring
Old 26-05-2010, 19:50   #8
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

Sounds like the cable has worn away with rain.
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2010, 23:10   #9
Pia
Inactive

Maybe it melted, it only started doing it at the weekend
Old 27-05-2010, 02:23   #10
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pia View Post
Thanks i was just coming back on to say i've rang them now and they're coming out tomorrow. Gave the box a swift boot and it worked long enough to ring
Proof positive that rebooting does help sometimes.
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote