Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | how to create dvd intro (using adobe premiere, i have image)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion

ecx.images-amazon.com

Old 06-05-2012, 15:18   #1
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze age
dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age
ecx.images-amazon.com

For some reason I seem to have a lot of problems with the host ecx.images-amazon.com this is particularly annoying as it causes most of the images to fail to load when browsing amazon.co.uk

The problem occurs on multiple machines running windows 7 where the address does not appear to resolve correctly.

C:\Users\Dragon>ping ecx.images-amazon.com
Ping request could not find host ecx.images-amazon.com. Please check the name and try again.

Yet if I do an Nslookup against my default server (which is the caching DNS relay in my router) it resolves fine.

C:\Users\Dragon>nslookup ecx.images-amazon.com
Server: lan.router.dsl.flying-beast.net
Address: 192.168.6.1

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: d1ge0kk1l5kms0.ams1.cloudfront.net
Addresses: 216.137.59.247
Aliases: ecx.images-amazon.com
d1ge0kk1l5kms0.cloudfront.net

Flushing the DNS cache (Ipconfig /flushdns) a few times usually works but I'm unsure as to why i get the problem in the first place.

I did think maybe it's a delay in the upstream DNS resolvers responding however sometimes it takes multiple flushes of the pc's local DNS cache before it actually resolves properly, yet doing an NSlookup against the default server works every time.

I'm tempted to just disable the local Dns cache on the machine but if anyone has any other suggestions first I'd like to hear them.

Ideally i'd rather not have to change my DNS on the PC's to point to an external server as I'd lose the ability to resolve my internal host-names.

Router Is a Mikrotik Routerboard RB751, running RouterOS 5.15, upstream DNS is set to google's public dns servers as I have 2 ISP's so using the ISP dns isn't really appropriate.
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement