Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | which ps3 to buy?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Life With Playstation Replaces Folding@Home

Old 18-09-2008, 19:40   #1
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
Life With Playstation Replaces Folding@Home

Life with playstation is now live and can be got by launching the Folding@Home application on PS3. Folding@home will now be known as Life with playstation and you can look at the weather and read the news etc etc

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/09/18/...y-live-really/

Quote:
Life With PlayStation was leaked yesterday, but now it's officially available to download. Simply go to Network -> Folding@Home. You'll be prompted to download two update files. Once you're done, Folding@Home will be replaced on your XMB with Life With PlayStation. Don't worry -- you can still cure cancer. But now you'll be able to check the news, listen to music, and research the weather all from one app.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/...tion%E2%80%9D/
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-09-2008, 19:58   #2
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Life With Playstation Replaces Folding@Home

LOL, I was just about to post this!

I've just updated mine.

Nice idea, but seems a bit lame at the moment... should be better once it gets more content & channels.

Good that Folding still runs when you're viewing the news/weather channel.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2008, 20:02   #3
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Good that Folding still runs when you're viewing the news/weather channel.
Think thats the point tbh m8, either to get more people running it or give people who do alot something to do

I think it has potential plus its better than the old version anyways lol.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2008, 15:46   #4
Bluffdemon
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Phone and 50Mb BB , Tivo \m/
Bluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the rough

Looks like a good idea to me and i hope they can add more to it , i shall download it later and give it a spin
Bluffdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2008, 15:53   #5
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Just updating mine now
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2008, 10:29   #6
Charlie_Bubble
Inactive

Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age
Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age

Did everyone find this as dull as I did? Basically it's a map or seemingly random cities around the world and you can get the top 5 stories mentioning that city from google news.
Charlie_Bubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2008, 10:35   #7
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

I get the feeling they're trying to replicate what the Wii did from the start just not very well
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote