Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BT Bills & Online billing

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Telco Services Discussion

Extension and master sockets question.

Old 08-07-2008, 18:28   #1
Willspireite
Inactive

Willspireite is an unknown quantity at this point
Extension and master sockets question.

Hey folks,

I trekked into town and spent ages walking round the various hardware stores who directed me to the lighting store in town!! I got a socket for the phone, but then found I'd bought a master socket when in fact I need an extension socket! Can I just remove the spark gap surge arrester and the ring capicitor to turn it into an extension socket??? It took ages getting the blimming thing, so heading back would be a pain!

Cheers for advice folks.
Willspireite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-07-2008, 10:24   #2
piggy
Inactive

piggy has disabled reputation
Re: Extension and master sockets question.

try it anyway if your not on adsl it should not have much effect if it does then yes start the hacking!!
piggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2008, 22:45   #3
roryboy
Inactive

roryboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Extension and master sockets question.

hi buddy
i am a service/install tech for vm easiest way to solve your problem is to cut the capacitor out and just make sure your ringer goes to that socket it will still ring because the master socket generates the power for the extension socket as long as the ringer is connected.
roryboy is offline   Reply With Quote