Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Transferring Telephone

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Transferring Telephone

Old 30-01-2011, 21:21   #1
Downloads
Inactive

Downloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation era
Send a message via ICQ to Downloads Send a message via MSN to Downloads
Transferring Telephone

Don't know if there is any knowledgeable person here, but I just called Virgin to transfer my telephone back to VM and I told 'em i wanted to keep my number. They said they will add the telephone to my package but that I would need to tell Sky I wanted to transfer my number to Virgin as part of the cancellation.

That didn't sound right to me, but fair enough if it is, just wanted to make sure now rather than later.

Any confirmation that CS was correct/incorrect would be appreciated!
Downloads is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-01-2011, 22:53   #2
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: Transferring Telephone

You'll need to ask sky for a number porting code to give to virgin
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 23:02   #3
Downloads
Inactive

Downloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation era

Thanks very much for that, that sounds realistic, I couldn't understand what Sky would do with the information I was transferring to Virgin, I assumed there must be an exchange of something, the CS rep never told me I needed a code!

Thanks again!
Old 31-01-2011, 09:39   #4
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

You don't need a 'number porting code' to transfer a landline number from one provider to another

That's for mobiles!

---------- Post added at 08:39 ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 ----------

For a landline all you need to do is give your new provider the number you want to keep. They should then do the rest

What you shouldn't do is cancel your Sky account until the port has been arranged - as the line needs to be active to accept the request. Reqesting cancellation yourself stops this happening
Old 31-01-2011, 21:35   #5
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

What's to stop folk stealing numbers?
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:03   #6
Downloads
Inactive

Ahh man. So basically I have to call CS back up and ask them again. Typical.

Thanks for the help.
Old 01-02-2011, 18:16   #7
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
What's to stop folk stealing numbers?
The current user of the number would get a letter from their provider, saying the've had a porting request.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 23:50   #8
Downloads
Inactive

I just called them back yet again and they said you can't number port from Sky to Virgin...

I'm getting slightly frustrated now!

Man I hate calling India.

Is this true?
Old 01-02-2011, 23:51   #9
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downloads View Post
I just called them back yet again and they said you can't number port from Sky to Virgin...

I'm getting slightly frustrated now!

Man I hate calling India.

Is this true?
Call tomorrow morning from 0800 onwards the earlier the better to get more sense out of them.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote