Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.
Closed Thread

Old 29-08-2013, 18:41   #2251
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
I think CSC Media deal is up in October 2013 or March 2014.

---------- Post added at 18:02 ---------- Previous post was at 17:59 ----------

Bromley multiplex is an old broadcasting HQ for Telewest areas.

I cant think what Virgin did with it after NGTV launch in all areas.
cheers MB

yesterday your insider said no info so is the insider just basically saying "still no info of anything"?
Advertisement
Old 29-08-2013, 19:25   #2252
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anypermitedroute View Post
Bromley multiplex uploaders

what does that mean?
Well I've heard of freeloaders, railroaders and binloaders, but Bromley multiplex uploaders never!

---------- Post added at 19:25 ---------- Previous post was at 19:22 ----------

Quote:

I got this update from an Insider at 4.20pm today:

Quote:
I really have not seen any news since yesterday.
I don't think our insiders are giving much away these days. I think they've had a pep talking to by management!
Old 29-08-2013, 21:10   #2253
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
cheers MB

yesterday your insider said no info so is the insider just basically saying "still no info of anything"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Well I've heard of freeloaders, railroaders and binloaders, but Bromley multiplex uploaders never!

---------- Post added at 19:25 ---------- Previous post was at 19:22 ----------

I don't think our insiders are giving much away these days. I think they've had a pep talking to by management!
My insiders did confirm TCM +1 and Drama was set to launch about 3 to 4 days before launch early this month.

BAF thinks more channels is set to launch in mid September - that over two weeks (14 days) away so I hope to get news confirming them coming in about 10 days from now.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 29-08-2013, 21:48   #2254
ocav
Inactive

ocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant future

Quote:
Unlikey to happen Virgin Media only signed an new broadcasting deal in January 2013 - that why we got, TCM HD, Cartoon Network HD and TCM2 (Now called TCM +1)
Its funny MB cause as soon as you posted this, he then posted on DS to say that the deal was done in January. I had a feeling it was rubbish from the start, he posts so much rubbish on there!
Old 29-08-2013, 21:51   #2255
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocav View Post
Its funny MB cause as soon as you posted this, he then posted on DS to say that the deal was done in January. I had a feeling it was rubbish from the start, he posts so much rubbish on there!
I seen that too.

The new rumour story is now up on my blog.
Old 29-08-2013, 21:51   #2256
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
My insiders did confirm TCM +1 and Drama was set to launch about 3 to 4 days before launch early this month.

BAF thinks more channels is set to launch in mid September - that over two weeks (14 days) away so I hope to get news confirming them coming in about 10 days from now.
im sure you will bud
Old 29-08-2013, 22:16   #2257
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Bromley multiplex is an old broadcasting HQ for Telewest areas.

I cant think what Virgin did with it after NGTV launch in all areas.
Found info on the 'NGTV News' thread that confirm it has become an local headend.

Virgin Media main headend is Langley and a backup in Knowsley.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/10...ngtv-news.html
Old 29-08-2013, 22:26   #2258
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Got the paperwork thru today my journey to the darkside commences on sunday

Not a good start thou spot the mistake on the welcome brochure

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/at...3-img_0213.jpg
Old 29-08-2013, 22:47   #2259
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

August List update - August 29th update.

Keep up-to-date on the latest news on upcoming channel launches and other important events across all platforms of Virgin TV network.

NOTE: I do not work for Virgin Media so all the information on this list is subject to change.

Colours on my list are as followed:

Media Boy = New Info just added.
Media Boy = Been added in the last month.
Media Boy = Virgin Media News and links.
Media Boy = Other Media news/Things.

=== Coming up on Virgin's Digital TV ===
=== Rumour to be Launching very soon ===
The following channels may launch soon on Virgin Media:
-More music on demand slates (Rumour appeared on list 29/08/13).
-FOX+ (Rumour appeared on list 29/08/13).
-CBS Reality +1 (Rumour appeared on list 29/08/13).
-Horror Channel +1 (Rumour appeared on list 29/08/13).
-CNN USA (Rumour appeared on list 29/08/13).
-CNN USA HD (Rumour appeared on list 29/08/13).
-CNN International HD (Rumour appeared on list 29/08/13).
-Sky Atlantic (Rumour appeared on list 06/07/13).
-Sky Atlantic HD (Rumour appeared on list 17/07/13).
-5Later (Rumour appeared on list 15/08/13).
-The Active Channel (Confirmed by Virgin on Facebook).

=== August ===
31st. Bid Plus to close on Virgin Channel 746 today.

=== Autumn ===
Lifetime to replace Bio on Virgin Channel 242.

=== September ===
1st. Sky Movies Superhero will be rebranded as Sky Movies Greats on Virgin Channel 410.
1st. Sky Movies Superhero HD will be rebranded as Sky Movies Greats HD on Virgin Channel 440.

1st. Sky Sports are to rebrand Sky Sports Ashes as Sky Sports 2 on Virgin Channel 512.
1st. Sky Sports are to rebrand Sky Sports Ashes HD as Sky Sports 2 HD on Virgin Channel 518.

=== October ===
1st. Virgin Media to put the cost of Sky Sports up.

=== November ===
26th. 'Seven' will be rebranded as Lincolnshire Living on Virgin Channel 879 (Grimsby & Scunthorpe only).

=== December ===
No News...

=== By Early 2014 ===
The BBC to launch BBC News HD, BBC Three HD, BBC Four HD, CBeebies HD and CBBC HD on Virgin Media.

=== January 2014 ===
No News...

=== February 2014 ===
No News...

=== March 2014 ===
6th. Local TV broadcaster London Live hope to launch on Virgin Channel 159 today.

=== April 2014 ===
No News...

=== May 2014 ===
No News...

=== June 2014 ===
No News...

=== July 2014 ===
No News...

=== August 2014 ===
No News...

=== September 2014 ===
No News...

=== October 2014 ===
No News...

=== November 2014 ===
No News...

=== December 2014 ===
No News...

=== By 2015 ===
-RTE Radio and WRN Radio will be axe in old Telewest areas or added to all areas of Virgin Media.

=== Not Confirmed as coming ===
-Rumours say that Virgin Media may launch more than 12 new channels in September 2013.
-(UPDATED July 9th) Broadcastnow is reporting that Virgin Media are in new talks with Sky to carry 'Sky Atlantic SD', 'Sky News HD' and 'Sky Sports News HD'.
-HISTORY HD and Disney HD may launch soon on Virgin Media.

-Made in Leeds will launch on Virgin Media.

=== Unknown dates ===
-Local TV may launch on Virgin TV in some areas on Virgin Channel 159 (Starting in Late 2013).
-The BBC to axe BBC Radio 4 LW on Virgin Channel 911 ''in the long term''.
-The BBC hope to launch English regional variants of its existing BBC One HD service as well as Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland editions of BBC Two HD - but still need to be approved by the BBC Trust.

-Smooth fm (Smooth Radio) may get close or rebranded on Virgin Channel 916.

=== Channels THAT still to appear in all areas ===
List was last updated on July 12th 2013.

NO. Channel Name
917. Radio: RTE Radio
920. Radio: WRN Europe (Also in UPC Ireland areas)

NOTE: Channels are only broadcasting in Ex-Telewest areas right now.

=== Media Boy Extra info: ===
Liberty Global - http://www.lgi.com/
Media Boy Blog - For all things Virgin TV - http://mediaboyblog.blogspot.com/
See Virgin Media on ''twitter'' here - http://twitter.com/virginmedia
See Nialli's blog on Virgin Media High Definition & TiVo Services here - http://vmhd.blogspot.com/

==== Virgin Media's Deals with broadcasters ===
This part has now move to link called 'Own by'.

==== See you later ===
List last updated on August 29th 2013.

Next update: September 2nd - unless:

A) If Virgin are set to launch more than TWO channels (TV or Radio) on Virgin TV.
B) If Virgin are set to move more than TWO channels (TV or Radio) about on Virgin TV.
C) If Virgin are set to close or repackage more then TWO channels (TV or Radio ) on Virgin TV.

Did I miss anything??? If I did tell me and it will appear on the next update.

©copyright 2013 Media Boy 2006 - 2013. An ''Keep it real and free'' Production.

ALL OF MY LINKS ARE UNDER THE LINE.
Old 29-08-2013, 23:33   #2260
AndyWW
Inactive

AndyWW has a spectacular aura about themAndyWW has a spectacular aura about themAndyWW has a spectacular aura about themAndyWW has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post

Lol - nice placement!
Old 29-08-2013, 23:59   #2261
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

If rumours are true and 12 channels launch in September I wonder what they'd be? I count 10 rumoured channels so far. I do love the chase of new channels... Gets the heart beating
Old 30-08-2013, 00:34   #2262
ocav
Inactive

ocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant future

Quote:

Oh dear missing the full stops!
Old 30-08-2013, 01:52   #2263
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Confirmed: Virgin Media to repackaged Colors from September 1st.

Virgin Media has reveal that Asian broadcaster Colors will join the M+, L and XL Packages from September 1st.

Colors is on Virgin Channel 826.

Info was found on 'Customer News' on my Virgin box.
Old 30-08-2013, 05:24   #2264
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

You will be protected henceforth till the day you come back my young padawan as you will have to deal with the dastardly servants of the dark lord.
Old 30-08-2013, 07:20   #2265
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Confirmed: Virgin Media to repackaged Colors from September 1st.

Virgin Media has reveal that Asian broadcaster Colors will join the M+, L and XL Packages from September 1st.

Colors is on Virgin Channel 826.

Info was found on 'Customer News' on my Virgin box.
Virgin love their Asian channels don't they! Where's the European channels I say!
Closed Thread