Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.
Closed Thread

Old 16-08-2013, 10:22   #1561
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anypermitedroute View Post
will that not change for ESPN SD & HD now they are being kept on?
As they are technically not the same channel, then I doubt it.
Old 16-08-2013, 10:36   #1562
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Media Boy mad half hour.

The end to 2013 will be good to find out:

-If any new Sky branded channels will launch by September 15th?
-What will launch on Virgin Channel 199?
-What will Virgin do when they get up to Channel 207?
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 16-08-2013, 10:47   #1563
martin201002
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD sports and movies HD, sky fibre pro, ps4 and xbox one.
martin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Media Boy mad half hour.

Channel 199 will probably be 5later won't it?
Old 16-08-2013, 10:52   #1564
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin201002 View Post
Channel 199 will probably be 5later won't it?
Seen rumour yesterday that Virgin Media are in talks with them for it.

But it look like Virgin Media has given it to someone right now - if they did not Alibi HD would have launch at Channel 199.
Old 16-08-2013, 11:06   #1565
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anypermitedroute View Post
will that not change for ESPN SD & HD now they are being kept on?
Well spotted. Recordings from these channels will be accessible beyond November.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
As they are technically not the same channel, then I doubt it.
They are the same channel.
Old 16-08-2013, 11:45   #1566
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Seen rumour yesterday that Virgin Media are in talks with them for it.

But it look like Virgin Media has given it to someone right now - if they did not Alibi HD would have launch at Channel 199.
What on earth is slater?

I'm hungover after the wine yesterday. What's next for our predictions? Sky Atlantic completes everything. All what's left is hd channels which I'm overly concerned by.

Have you heard anything recently media boy except for talks ongoing?
Old 16-08-2013, 11:47   #1567
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
What on earth is slater?

I'm hungover after the wine yesterday. What's next for our predictions? Sky Atlantic completes everything. All what's left is hd channels which I'm overly concerned by.

Have you heard anything recently media boy except for talks ongoing?
it not 'slater'

it an new channel from Channel 5 called '5 Later'.

it will be like 4Seven.

I mean you may get to watch 'Home and Away' at 10pm on 5 Later when it launches on Freeview and maybe Virgin Media and Sky.
Old 16-08-2013, 11:53   #1568
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Media Boy mad half hour.

The Sky channels are likely to be Sky Atlantic/HD and Sky Bravo. Not sure if the latter will be ready to go by 15 September but my understanding is that the launch has been delayed to allow negotiations with Virgin Media to be completed. So yes, that is my prediction.
Old 16-08-2013, 11:56   #1569
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
The Sky channels are likely to be Sky Atlantic/HD and Sky Bravo. Not sure if the latter will be ready to go by 15 September but my understanding is that the launch has been delayed to allow negotiations with Virgin Media to be completed. So yes, that is my prediction.
I still think Sky will close Sky2 to make room on Sky for Sky Bravo to launch - if they do not Sky Bravo will launch on Sky Channel 29x plus Sky will need to buy an channel number from an other broadcaster.
Old 16-08-2013, 11:58   #1570
greeninferno
cf.addict

greeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
I agree that the comments have generally been in good spirits. However, Colin25 and Nstokes have had their fair share of good spirited, banter filled posts in the past few weeks. I personally don't think anyone has gone too far either way though:-)
I am just happy for all the customers who wanted BT Sports on VM and have got it hassle free, on the TV anywhere app and in various rooms, unlike said previous posters;-)
Despite not caring before getting BT sports, I am happily watching the t20 on BT Sport 2HD. If we lost it tomorrow though, I doubt I would miss it too much - just the rugby really.
With regards to prices, all business put up prices regularly. I work in food retail and many prices rise drastically very often and frequently (certainly more than 3 times a year, like VM last year). Customers rarely moan in this instance because they understand electricity, gas, water ingredients etc all go up as well. For some reason it is wrong for VM to do it. VM's prices will go up too, but it does not mean it is just because of BT sports arriving.
If howard is right, (it firstly makes a previous post of mine regarding Sky Atlantic redundant) it is more likely any increases will be due to the possible and/or probable arrival of Sky Atlantic onto the platform.
Bomber, I can see sky and VM destroying Netflix etc, by giving the option of paying for only the channels/programmes you want to watch, when you want to watch them. I.E. you could pay Sky £10 a month just to watch various new shows on Atlantic and then watch FTA channels for the rest of the week!
people "expect" prices to rise in line with inflation.

3 price rises in a year equating to 11% either have to come with added value or be seen to be absolute rip offs.
Old 16-08-2013, 12:05   #1571
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Don't forget about sky news and sky sports news hd old boy,they should be here soon
Old 16-08-2013, 12:09   #1572
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
it not 'slater'

it an new channel from Channel 5 called '5 Later'.

it will be like 4Seven.

I mean you may get to watch 'Home and Away' at 10pm on 5 Later when it launches on Freeview and maybe Virgin Media and Sky.
hahahhaha oh it looked like slater on my phone. quality.

the thing with sky is if they close sky 2 down you know for a fact they'll relaunch it again in a few years time. is it twice already sky 2 has been shut down and relaunched??
Old 16-08-2013, 12:13   #1573
Richc1977
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, 200MB BB, Netflix UHD, Sky Go
Richc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to behold

http://www.vmhd.blogspot.co.uk/2013/...den-50-hd.html

Nialli makes a good point about one more channel to go before VM have 50 HD channels. Not forgetting we'll no doubt be getting BBC THREE, BBC FOUR, BBC NEWS 24 and the CBBC channels in HD in the next 6 months or so.

I remember the days when we only had BBC HD and no Sky, we have come a long way.

Still can't get over the BT deal. ESPN America HD was top of my channel list for a long time so it was it a joy to able to watch MLB games in HD last night, even though my team lost right at the end.
Old 16-08-2013, 12:15   #1574
nicknewark
Inactive

Services: V6 Tivo, Virgin BB, Freesat, NowTV. PS4 Pro
nicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation era

Unless VM have really annoyed SKY by bundling the BT Sport channels, will they become less willing to negotiate over Atlantic?
Old 16-08-2013, 12:16   #1575
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quick question with sky's free day tomorrow will sky sports HD 1 become free to sky sports subscribers who don't have the HD add on for sky sports
Closed Thread