Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rip off company

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Rip off company

Old 31-08-2017, 21:22   #1
Pixiepixie
Inactive

Pixiepixie is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Rip off company

Why is it that virgin think they can just do as they please . Been ripping off a disabled 80 yr old lady and they don't care. She supposed to be on life line service but cut her phone off for hours on end. Put her in a contract without her say so saying it was a re contract so it was different. MMMMMMM what can I say think a new company is well in order as they aren't interested. I'd stay clear if I was you
Pixiepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-08-2017, 21:30   #2
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Rip off company

If the phone was off for hours, that sounds like a fault that can happen with any company. A re-contract will involve getting discounts, so hardly a rip-off.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2017, 21:44   #3
Pixiepixie
Inactive

Pixiepixie is an unknown quantity at this point

No a re contract was because they don't support the the broadband speed previously on so sent a new router that was supposed to be sent a year earlier and never arrived. And again no it wasn't a fault

---------- Post added at 20:44 ---------- Previous post was at 20:43 ----------

O and no discount either
Pixiepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 01:25   #4
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

How do you know it wasnt a fault ?

Did they tell you they just decided to cut it off for a few hours ?

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:12   #5
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

What price are they paying?

There could be discounts and also when they sent out the router they ususally only do that after you have spoken to them and agreed to it.
Old 02-09-2017, 17:39   #6
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Yes, but it's may have been very easy to manipulate a disabled 80 year old lady to 'agree' to this.

I knew of a man in his 80's who was persuaded at the doorstep to take VM broadband, even though he didn't have, want or need a computer. When his neighbour rang to see what they were playing at, they bid behind the Data Protection Act and refused to discuss it. This is when I became involved and got it cancelled.

I myself was cold called by Virgin Mobile and offered a mobile plan of unlimited free landline calls, unlimited free texts, free VM to VM mobile calls and unlimited data.

They themselves said only the other day that these foreign call centres will say anything to get a sale and that he probably lied. I was told that 95% of complaints are about these people and they are going to retrieve the recording to see where we go from here.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 00:21   #7
Mr Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Yes, but it's may have been very easy to manipulate a disabled 80 year old lady to 'agree' to this.

I knew of a man in his 80's who was persuaded at the doorstep to take VM broadband, even though he didn't have, want or need a computer. When his neighbour rang to see what they were playing at, they bid behind the Data Protection Act and refused to discuss it. This is when I became involved and got it cancelled.

I myself was cold called by Virgin Mobile and offered a mobile plan of unlimited free landline calls, unlimited free texts, free VM to VM mobile calls and unlimited data.

They themselves said only the other day that these foreign call centres will say anything to get a sale and that he probably lied. I was told that 95% of complaints are about these people and they are going to retrieve the recording to see where we go from here.
Well done Richard, its great to see someone standing up to these horrible companies.
Old 03-09-2017, 17:38   #8
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Thank you.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 23:55   #9
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

i had a chat with virgin mobile to try to get an upgrade which the gentleman said yes i got a new shiny sony xperia zx the customer guy said there a free upgrade and wouldn't have to pay anything to upgrade and the phone was mine to sell a month later i get a phone call from Virgin Mobile as i cancelled my old direct direct on the old mobile as i was told too they said i still have £64 left to pay i complained and a few weeks later i got a phone call about the complaint she said that if i stopped the complaint she would send me £64 which she did to pay the outstanding balance but couldn't add it to my account wierd times at Virgin Mobile anyone have any simular storys ?
Rob King is offline   Reply With Quote