Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | what will I be getting?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

what will I be getting?

Old 02-05-2012, 22:05   #31
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
Re: what will I be getting?

its simple, if you don't understand it then upload is the least of your problems.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2012, 23:28   #32
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Wow! No need to patronise me
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 23:43   #33
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

For someone who has a tag of 'VM Geek' you don't half show inconsistencies.

You called VM, retentions to be precise. There you got your broadband upgraded, saved 3£, got sent a free SH and have been put on a new contract. That acts as a customer renewal, its got nothing to do with this double upgrade program. You should then be put on 30 down and 3 up as agreed but instead you got your 30meg but a 2 meg upload. Thats wrong.

IF your areas not yet been upgraded and you still fall into the program then fine but even then you shouldn't have seen an upload upgrade which you have. They bumped you to 2meg.

If you want your full 3meg then get in touch with VM and tell them your upgrade was a renewal not a early double upgrade. If you have no joy ask them to escalate it to complaints, they should sort it out for you.
Old 02-05-2012, 23:43   #34
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

The traffic management pages show it better than the product sales which only list the "new" products.

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/s...RTICLE_ID=2781

It looks like you must be on L30 which matches your config of 30/2

I'd take that as a free "doubling" of your 10Mbps before your area is upgraded which is on 30Mbps rather than 20Mbps because it's a Superhub on DOCSIS3.

As it's a named product there I'd guess that it's running at the correct speed and you are getting it cheaper than your 10/1 anyway. Nothing to stop you arguing with retentions of course as the whole business is run like a car boot they may bump it up for you but I think it will go up anyway once your area is upgraded.
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 23:55   #35
thenry
Inactive

that still doesn't make sense Kwik. They put him on 30L, so he's not part of the double program now fine but the 30L they sell is at a 10:1 ratio ?
Old 03-05-2012, 00:12   #36
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Until VM have upstream bonding sorted uplifted tiers are running at a 20:1 ratio in most cases but 15:1 on the 30Mb.

Primary Downstream Service Flow
Downstream(0)
SFID 2180
Max Traffic Rate 111000000 bps

Primary Upstream Service Flow
Upstream(0)
SFID 2179
Max Traffic Rate 5120000 bps
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 00:19   #37
thenry
Inactive

well done VM. They should of atleast got the new bottom tier for sale on 10:1
Old 03-05-2012, 00:33   #38
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

they have put him on the new 20 havent they?
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 00:38   #39
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
For someone who has a tag of 'VM Geek' you don't half show inconsistencies.
I know about products and services. I don't know the technicalities and have never said I did.

Quote:
You called VM, retentions to be precise. There you got your broadband upgraded, saved 3£, got sent a free SH and have been put on a new contract. That acts as a customer renewal, its got nothing to do with this double upgrade program. You should then be put on 30 down and 3 up as agreed but instead you got your 30meg but a 2 meg upload. Thats wrong.
I figured that was the case and really only asked for clarification. So thanks for that.

Quote:
IF your areas not yet been upgraded and you still fall into the program then fine but even then you shouldn't have seen an upload upgrade which you have. They bumped you to 2meg.

If you want your full 3meg then get in touch with VM and tell them your upgrade was a renewal not a early double upgrade. If you have no joy ask them to escalate it to complaints, they should sort it out for you.
Thanks.

---------- Post added at 23:38 ---------- Previous post was at 23:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k12 View Post
they have put him on the new 20 havent they?
Who? Me? I don't know, to be honest. Might ask that too
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 00:47   #40
thenry
Inactive

so they bang out down but play it safe with up. nice to see they have all their priorities in order.
Old 03-05-2012, 00:50   #41
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

Naturally, this is VM after all
Old 03-05-2012, 01:24   #42
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
so they bang out down but play it safe with up. nice to see they have all their priorities in order.
Got to take a look at the actual spread of upload and download capacity on the network itself though. 55mbps x 4-8 channels on the downstream, 1x20mbps up?
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:36   #43
thenry
Inactive

i understand that qas. i get why their stopping higher tiers get big uploads but the minimum tier, 30meg should get the 10:1 rule. from a selling point itself would be an advantage whereas a 2meg cap is pretty pathetic just like skys cap
Old 03-05-2012, 01:38   #44
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

But remember most customers inevitably remain on the lowest tier, so while they'll use a third as much capacity each, there'll be ten times more of them.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:43   #45
thenry
Inactive

are you talking about doubles or new customers/renewals?