Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TOSLINK to 3.5 mm audio conversion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology

problems with o2 network anyone?

Old 27-12-2003, 21:36   #1
bb31
Inactive

bb31 has reached the bronze age
bb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to bb31
problems with o2 network anyone?

Is anyone else having a problem with tex messages on o2?? I have been waiting for over 24 hours for some tex messages to come thru to my inbox (and thats the ones I know about!)

ive tried my sim card in another phone and still no text's. also rung customer services and a nice man told me there must be a problem with the network.....and should sort itself out in a couple of hours. But other ppl who are on O2 dont appear to have this problem.

Have no probs phoning out and sending tex messages this all seems to work ok

p.s

i can receive messages from a friend who is on the virgin network
bb31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-12-2003, 02:53   #2
Honey
Inactive

Services: NTL Family pack, Disney pack, 3MB Broadband
Honey is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: problems with o2 netowork anyone??

Yes bb31, I've noticed problems with O2 sending & receiving texts, over the past few days!
Honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2003, 09:52   #3
Chimaera
cf.mega poster

Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star
Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star

Well I've had no problems with texting to anyone on other networks, or other people on O2 - it was fine last night. My daughter has had problems though - tried her card in another phone too and still no good.
The mystery deepens!
Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2003, 11:14   #4
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Nope was fine here too last night, I did notice the occasional slow delivery but nothing serious and certainly no messages being lost. Where abouts are you geographically bb31?
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2003, 00:25   #5
bb31
Inactive

bb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Nope was fine here too last night, I did notice the occasional slow delivery but nothing serious and certainly no messages being lost. Where abouts are you geographically bb31?
sunny manchester here!!!

Ive rang o2 yet again, and they say its a sim card fault and I have to purchase a new one!!! Not very happy about this, as if my sim card was knackered, surely i wouldnt be able to use it at all.
Old 29-12-2003, 00:28   #6
Paul K
Inactive

Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb31
sunny manchester here!!!

Ive rang o2 yet again, and they say its a sim card fault and I have to purchase a new one!!! Not very happy about this, as if my sim card was knackered, surely i wouldnt be able to use it at all.
It may be that the sim card isn't storing your data correctly and thats why its not working for you the way it should be. Is it a contract phone as I managed to get a replacement phone and sim card when mine failled.
Old 29-12-2003, 00:32   #7
bb31
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
It may be that the sim card isn't storing your data correctly and thats why its not working for you the way it should be. Is it a contract phone as I managed to get a replacement phone and sim card when mine failled.

yep, its on contract but O2 say i have to pay for new sim card......cant wait till contract runs out I hate o2!!! roll on May!!!
Old 29-12-2003, 00:36   #8
Paul K
Inactive

Point out to them that if you are going to be charged for a sim card you will be more than happy to leave the network since your contract is up for renewal soon. The loss of £10 for a sim card is nothing against the loss of a contract Thats how I got my replacement LOL
Old 29-12-2003, 00:38   #9
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars

Tis all very strange cos my texts to bb get through straight away yet others sent are lost in the big wide text world
Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2003, 11:37   #10
squiggs1982
Inactive

squiggs1982 is a jewel in the roughsquiggs1982 is a jewel in the roughsquiggs1982 is a jewel in the roughsquiggs1982 is a jewel in the roughsquiggs1982 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb31
yep, its on contract but O2 say i have to pay for new sim card......cant wait till contract runs out I hate o2!!! roll on May!!!
Hmm... I'd actually be inclined to get on the phone to them and suggest that it's a material breach of contract and that they will have to send you a replacement sim for free or you'll stop paying them!

With text messages, it might not actually be, but generally the only thing that doesn't constitute a material breach is if your handset stops working, believe it or not! There's nearly always a clause which states the handset does not form part of the contract. However, o2 have an obligation to supply you with a service and they must supply you with the appropriate means to do so. If you had damaged the sim card, that would be another story, but what they are saying is the same as your cable modem breaking down and ntl charging you £150 to replace it while still billing you for a service you cannot use!

Threaten em with the lawyer, usually works if you sound as if you know what your talking about!
squiggs1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2003, 11:54   #11
virtual-angel
Inactive

virtual-angel is on a distinguished roadvirtual-angel is on a distinguished road

I recently got one of the pay as you go o2 sim cards where you get 300 free messages a month. Ive never used o2 before and they suck!!! i keep getting errors when sending text messages and people never recieve them and theres always a time delay on the texts that i recieve, if i get them at all! There signal is poor anywhere i go and there customer service is a disgrace! all in all, there crap and ur not the only one having problems.
virtual-angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2003, 11:59   #12
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star

I just unlocked my phone after conning singlepoint into giving me the unlock code for free, I was tempted to stick one of them 02 free sim cards in with the 300 free sms, thank christ I didn't ... god bless Orange! Reception absolutely everywhere.
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2003, 13:24   #13
bb31
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggs1982
Hmm... I'd actually be inclined to get on the phone to them and suggest that it's a material breach of contract and that they will have to send you a replacement sim for free or you'll stop paying them!

With text messages, it might not actually be, but generally the only thing that doesn't constitute a material breach is if your handset stops working, believe it or not! There's nearly always a clause which states the handset does not form part of the contract. However, o2 have an obligation to supply you with a service and they must supply you with the appropriate means to do so. If you had damaged the sim card, that would be another story, but what they are saying is the same as your cable modem breaking down and ntl charging you £150 to replace it while still billing you for a service you cannot use!

Threaten em with the lawyer, usually works if you sound as if you know what your talking about!

hhmmmmmm thats the prob........i dont know what im talking about, all i know is not getting tex's !!!!

but still not recieved the said sim card even though i was promised it by post on tues, and o2 have now disconnected my old sim so i cannot get to make calls now!!

another phone call later, 0870 number (hanging on for ages!) to reactivate broken sim and when i finally receive the new one, it will be another call and and hang on and another wait to get new sim activated!!

oh i hate o2
Old 29-03-2010, 09:41   #14
Captain Coder
Inactive

Captain Coder is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: problems with o2 netowork anyone??

I have software that links into the mobile phone to send a text message, over the last week have had calls that the text messages are not being sent, all the customers complaining are with O2. My other customers do not have a problem.

It must be something that has changed recently because some of my customers with the problem have been using the SIM for years.

Use Vodaphone or Orange better coverage and service
Captain Coder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2010, 11:58   #15
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

I know it's nearly Easter, so thanks for resurrecting a 7 year old thread!