Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Unemployment is rising

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

A Twitter user jailed for C word - is this an erosion of freedom of speech?

Old 15-04-2012, 01:14   #1
mertle
Inactive

mertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quads
A Twitter user jailed for C word - is this an erosion of freedom of speech?

http://www.maxfarquar.com/2012/04/fr...olly-cromwell/

Are we now defacto in state where we cant criticise politians or councillors anymore. So be careful people we now in state so bad it smells on the bottom of shoes when trodden in hot day.

How absured is this that type was C*** result got jailed.

http://spiderplantland.co.uk/sir-oll...ech-in-bexley/

Slippery slope, leads to the inevitable erosion of all freedom of speech?

At what point did UK cross over to old East Block German style justice.

http://bexley-is-bonkers.co.uk/
mertle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-04-2012, 01:35   #2
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
Re: A twitter jailed for C word on facebook is this erosion of freedom speach?

Is it me or does this case only exist in the blogosphere?

I can't find any real media sources for this at all. It seems to me some people should get a life and get out more...
Old 15-04-2012, 04:58   #3
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/n...gger_arrested/
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 08:01   #4
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by mertle View Post
http://www.maxfarquar.com/2012/04/fr...olly-cromwell/

Are we now defacto in state where we cant criticise politians or councillors anymore. So be careful people we now in state so bad it smells on the bottom of shoes when trodden in hot day.

How absured is this that type was C*** result got jailed.

http://spiderplantland.co.uk/sir-oll...ech-in-bexley/

Slippery slope, leads to the inevitable erosion of all freedom of speech?

At what point did UK cross over to old East Block German style justice.

http://bexley-is-bonkers.co.uk/
You may want to do a bit of research Mertle before defending idiots like this bloke

It would appear that ,after a little basic investigation that the blogger in question is a deeply offensive chap who has been up before the beak on numerous occasions for ,posting addresses and encouraging readers to post faeces through their doors ,abusing them on line and sending a grossly offensive communication subject to section 127 of the Communications Act 2003.
No it is not a restriction of free speech or any other such nonsense .It is making sure that idiots like this cannot be offensive or encourage others to do illegal acts whilst hiding behind the anonymity of a blog or tweet .
I won't post any links to his site as this is a family forum ,just type olly cromwell into google if anyone wants to give him time of day
Old 15-04-2012, 08:12   #5
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

is this written in code ?
Old 15-04-2012, 08:29   #6
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
You may want to do a bit of research Mertle before defending idiots like this bloke
This is becoming standard now for some posts from some posters

---------- Post added at 07:29 ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
is this written in code ?
Looks like google translate to me

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 08:51   #7
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
This is becoming standard now for some posts from some posters
Yep ,i had noticed

---------- Post added at 07:51 ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 ----------

Interesting to note cf's own abusive blogger is on suspention again .Some people need to understand that the internet is not or should not be a vehicle for abuse threats or incitement anymore than the real world is
Old 15-04-2012, 09:10   #8
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Yep ,i had noticed

Interesting to note cf's own abusive blogger is on suspention again .Some people need to understand that the internet is not or should not be a vehicle for abuse threats or incitement anymore than the real world is
Boy that was quick

Old 15-04-2012, 09:34   #9
Fawkes
Inactive

Services: VM: 120M Broadband, TV + Landline
Fawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Some people need to understand that the internet is not or should not be a vehicle for abuse threats or incitement anymore than the real world is
True but we shouldn't go too far the other way. If it's merely name calling, 'sticks and stones' and all that.

Please note I mean this generally not in reference to the OP.
Old 15-04-2012, 09:42   #10
martyh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
True but we shouldn't go too far the other way. If it's merely name calling, 'sticks and stones' and all that.

Please note I mean this generally not in reference to the OP.
oh i agree with that ,some people can be oversensitive but some people can be totally over the top in criticising politicians/officals or even ordinary members of the public who are in the news for whatever reason and what really gets up my nose is when do it anonymously ,they are gutless cowards
Old 15-04-2012, 10:00   #11
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Sadly some of us believe every word we read in the press or online.

Sadly there was a time when we could trust what was printed in the press as being somewhere near the truth.However that's not been the case for some time now.Too much of what is printed is shaded by inference,ambiguity and hearsay.
Old 15-04-2012, 10:04   #12
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Sadly some of us believe every word we read in the press or online.

Sadly there was a time when we could trust what was printed in the press as being somewhere near the truth.However that's not been the case for some time now.Too much of what is printed is shaded by inference,ambiguity and hearsay.
Thats why i don't buy or read the papers anymore

Old 15-04-2012, 10:08   #13
martyh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Thats why i don't buy or read the papers anymore
even the ink tasts crap on my chips now
Old 15-04-2012, 10:38   #14
mertle
Inactive

mertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Yep ,i had noticed

sorry never realisted this was serial offender so would assume its for number offenses not one. If so the news links say he was not found guilty dont trust anything at moment. Alot councillors today its power trip nd alot jumped up little right so so's. We got couple wont go further but god knows how they keep getting back in beyond me are people blind. Dont know how good or bad bexley's are mind.

Maggy Agree we should never trust papers today. Beeb even with there selective propeganda news. There was demo by disabled outside westminster yet these parasites we supposed to pay licence fee for impartiality IGNORED it.
mertle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 10:47   #15
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by mertle View Post
Beeb even with there selective propeganda news.
Actually, the BBC is the one news outlet you can trust as they have a duty (by their Royal Charter) to be as impartial as possible. I believe that other TV news outlets are also supposed to be impartial but I can't say whether they are or not as I don't watch them that often

The problem, and my point, is that there is no such onus on newspapers.

Not sure why anyone would want to bother with newspapers anyway as they're mostly out-of-date by the morning anyway
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote