Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Samsung Galaxy S2 Ice Cream Sandwich?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Samsung Galaxy S2 Ice Cream Sandwich?

Old 19-03-2012, 18:37   #31
leeb9972
Inactive

leeb9972 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Ice Cream Sandwich?

Folks, does VM not need to test and "re-mould" the release before allowing it to our S2's? Im sure they have done this with other releases???
I too have rooted S2, but not ran a custom rom yet, but will bide my time a bit more for "official" VM release (hope its soon though) ;-)
leeb9972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-03-2012, 18:41   #32
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Ice Cream Sandwich?

I just tried a software update but nothing yet. Are Virgin 'in talks' with Samsung? ;-)
Old 19-03-2012, 18:44   #33
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Samsung don't seem to have released it yet
Old 19-03-2012, 20:26   #34
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
You tell me Andy as so far they have not really relayed the message that well.
I've researched this. You need to have kies installed on your computer, available on the Samsung site, connect your phone by usb, and it will tell you if there is a firmware update available.

---------- Post added at 20:26 ---------- Previous post was at 20:21 ----------

And having done that I'm being told I have the latest firmware installed.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 20:32   #35
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Viegin have to approve the firmware first, this could take months. I used Odin and got the updates when I wanted
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 09:13   #36
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I used Odin on Friday night and got the official European ICS release. So far its been great, love the new ICS font makes the screen a lot sharper looking.

However many people have found a major bug when using any 3rd party SMS app like, Go SMS, or Chomp SMS. Texts are being sent twice by the phone. Only way to currently solve it is remove the 3rd party apps and go back to the standard messing app
Old 20-03-2012, 09:58   #37
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

BTW according to this http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/20/p...xy-s-ii-guide/ (and this PDF http://dash.coolsmartphone.com/wp-co...r-2.0.pptx.pdf)

Quote:
Q. Can I upgrade my phone to Android SW version “Ice Cream Sandwich” (ICS)
via FOTA?

A. The ICS SW upgrade is not currently supported via FOTA.
When the ICS upgrade becomes available to upgrade your GT-I9100 to ICS version, please upgrade your mobile via KIES 2.0 You can download KIES 2.0 from www.samsung.com

Note: If the customer tries to upgrade the mobile device SW from Ginger Bread to
Ice Cream Sandwich via FOTA, a "No update available” pop-up will be displayed.
Old 20-03-2012, 14:10   #38
ShaneC
cf.addict

ShaneC has a spectacular aura about themShaneC has a spectacular aura about themShaneC has a spectacular aura about themShaneC has a spectacular aura about them

Three UK users are currently getting ICS. Like others I flashed the official Polish version using Odin on mine.

If you look here http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?p...00&r=1#regiona and scroll down you can see the releases as they come out.
ShaneC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 15:19   #39
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneC View Post
Three UK users are currently getting ICS. Like others I flashed the official Polish version using Odin on mine.

If you look here http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?p...00&r=1#regiona and scroll down you can see the releases as they come out.
That's a great link, thank Shane

I notice though that my device with CSC of I9100XEUKH2 doesn't even appear! Unless I am missing it?? Anyone else with this same CSC number?
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 15:33   #40
dfwood
Inactive

dfwood is just really nicedfwood is just really nicedfwood is just really nicedfwood is just really nicedfwood is just really nicedfwood is just really nice

Same CSC as mine, which too was from Virgin
dfwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 15:42   #41
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

Oh dear, that doesn't fill me with much hope then.
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 15:52   #42
dfwood
Inactive

dfwood is just really nicedfwood is just really nicedfwood is just really nicedfwood is just really nicedfwood is just really nicedfwood is just really nice

From what I had found out there on other sites, these firmware codes are for the latest official UK Samsung S2 unbranded firmware, which others who did not purchase their handset through Virgin have.

PDA: I9100XWKI4
PHONE: I9100XXKI1
CSC: I9100XEUKH2
Old 20-03-2012, 16:12   #43
Pipster
Inactive

Pipster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwood View Post
From what I had found out there on other sites, these firmware codes are for the latest official UK Samsung S2 unbranded firmware, which others who did not purchase their handset through Virgin have.

PDA: I9100XWKI4
PHONE: I9100XXKI1
CSC: I9100XEUKH2
Yours are exactly the same as my SG2. So is it locked or unbranded?
Pipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 16:18   #44
dfwood
Inactive

If you dial *#1234# it shows you the firmware codes. Which from what I have found is the official unbranded Samsung UK firmware and if you dial *#7465625# it will show you the network lock state among others, if it is Off like mine then it isn't network lock either.
Old 20-03-2012, 16:22   #45
Pipster
Inactive

Pipster is an unknown quantity at this point

yep all off so unlocked. So we should be able to get the update when its releases then?
Pipster is offline   Reply With Quote