Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Playstation Move

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

No picture when switched on

Old 12-10-2010, 18:47   #1
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
No picture when switched on

I'm hoping that someone can help me - I updated my PS3 via the new Spiderman game on Sunday but, about 5 minutes in, the TV screen just went black...

The power is still going to the console, so I know it's not that, and my 360 is displaying fine so I know it's not the TV - I'm guessing that the RGB / scart lead is fubar'd, but does anyone have any suggestions before I fork out for a new one?

TIA
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-10-2010, 18:48   #2
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star
Re: No picture when switched on

have you a spare cable to try, just to rule out any faults?
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 19:34   #3
Nugget
Inactive

Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
have you a spare cable to try, just to rule out any faults?
Nah, which is the problem - I don't mind getting one, but I don't want to pay top whack if there's something else I can try first
Old 12-10-2010, 23:07   #4
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Could you borrow from a friend or neighbour?
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2010, 11:05   #5
D_Skids
Inactive

D_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant future

Try a reset of the PS3. Turn it off at the back, hold the front power button down and power back on from the back whilst keeping the front button held down until you hear a second beep. This should reset the video settings to default and you can then go into the settings and set it how you want.
D_Skids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2010, 12:08   #6
Nugget
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Skids View Post
Try a reset of the PS3. Turn it off at the back, hold the front power button down and power back on from the back whilst keeping the front button held down until you hear a second beep. This should reset the video settings to default and you can then go into the settings and set it how you want.
Thanks for that - I'll try it when I get home
Old 13-10-2010, 18:29   #7
Nugget
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Skids View Post
And that worked! You're a good man and, on behalf of both my friend and I, I thank you for saving me from a short-term future bereft of GT5