Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Playstation Store Ripped Me Off

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

Playstation Store Ripped Me Off

Old 15-11-2010, 17:53   #1
Barewolf
Inactive

Services: Talk Talk 1.5mb wishing it was Virgin 20mb
Barewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Barewolf
Red face Playstation Store Ripped Me Off

Hi

Ive just purchased an add on for "Pain", the theme park one, but it refuses to load when I try to play it.

It allows me to select the game, but nothing happens when it appears to load.

This is the 1st time iv come accross something like this, but obviously i had to buy the add on, from the PSN, so who do i contact regarding this? or, if anyone can suggest what i can do to fix it?
Barewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-11-2010, 18:02   #2
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Playstation Store Ripped Me Off

Can you delete it a redownload it? It may have been corrupted.
Old 15-11-2010, 18:06   #3
Barewolf
Inactive

Barewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Can you delete it a redownload it? It may have been corrupted.
If you can, i dunno how, its one of the game packs so its part of the game, there doesnt seem to be an uninstall feature, only to uninstall the whole game

Old 15-11-2010, 18:27   #4
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

There is a folder on the ps3 store that contains all your downloads. Am sure you can go in there to delete it and redownload the add on, or failing that there is a folder in the game part of the XMB that stores all your data.

You should be able to delete the add on from there.
Old 15-11-2010, 18:49   #5
Barewolf
Inactive

ive installed it again but it still wont work, im at a loss now
Old 15-11-2010, 19:02   #6
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Have you tried the playstation forums to see if anyone else has had the same issue?

Edit: link

Here you go, link to official forum and a thread with same issue

http://community.eu.playstation.com/...1835898#M19494
Old 15-11-2010, 19:13   #7
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

So they haven't 'ripped you off' then, you're just having some issues at present which you haven't even given them the opportunity to resolve?
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2010, 19:51   #8
Barewolf
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
So they haven't 'ripped you off' then, you're just having some issues at present which you haven't even given them the opportunity to resolve?
of course they have ripped me off, regardless of the issues, you dont pay for something and expect it to be faulty. If you bought a £50k car and it broke down on the way home from the shop would you say "Oh, how unlucky, it must be a bad batch" or would you think they ripped you off?

---------- Post added at 18:51 ---------- Previous post was at 18:50 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Have you tried the playstation forums to see if anyone else has had the same issue?

Edit: link

Here you go, link to official forum and a thread with same issue

http://community.eu.playstation.com/...1835898#M19494

i didnt check stephen, and relation to the fact they ripped me off, it seems they have, *******s
Old 15-11-2010, 19:53   #9
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barewolf View Post
of course they have ripped me off, regardless of the issues, you dont pay for something and expect it to be faulty. If you bought a £50k car and it broke down on the way home from the shop would you say "Oh, how unlucky, it must be a bad batch" or would you think they ripped you off?
Bullpop. They would have 'ripped you off' if they knowingly sold you a faulty product with no intention to supply a working item. All that happened is that something went wrong. Contact them and give them the opportunity to resolve it.
Old 15-11-2010, 20:02   #10
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

They have not ripped you off at all, it seems like since the move patch was released it's caused that one add on to stop working. I am sure the game makers are working on a fix just now.

Remember its not actually made by Sony.
Old 16-11-2010, 13:07   #11
Barewolf
Inactive

well for those that stumble upon this thread, i can tell you now........dont ring sony up, they asked me to delete the game and reinstall it, and i have, and it doesnt work, my advice is like others mentioned, and theres not much you can do except wait for a patch.

PS- I still think they ripped me off
Old 16-11-2010, 13:13   #12
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Sony did not rip you off. They didn't make the game!! Its on their store but was actually made by a third party company.

Its an unforseen error that seems to have only popped up with the Move patch being released and only effects the Funfair level. They will patch it soon am sure. Even check the developer site to see if they have any info?

Link to the developer website

http://www.idolminds.com/

and the official Pain website

http://www.painthegame.com/index/
Old 16-11-2010, 13:17   #13
Barewolf
Inactive

lol stephen, im not saying sony ripped me off im saying the game developers ripped me off by releasing a game that in my opinion is faulty, im not peed off, im just slightly aggroed at the fact i had to uninstall it, re install it, and its still not working, and im sat here waiting for a patch which might not be done till january.

i understand youre trying to say they didnt rip me off, but i beg to differ as im £4 out of pocket
Old 16-11-2010, 13:30   #14
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

But they didn't rip you off or sell you a faulty game. The game itself and all the other add ons are still working. All that has happened is that since they released the 'Playstion Move' patch it's caused a bug to appear stopping one of the add ons working. This can't really be helped and will be addressed.

£4 is that all, not much really. However if you had been a user of the PS3 forums and the game blog you would have been able to see the comments about the fault before making your purchase.
Old 16-11-2010, 13:38   #15
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

In a way I would agree with Barewolf

Goods sold should be fit for purpose. On a system such as the Playstation, where the software and hardware is standardised, then there should be some certainty that it can operate. It's not like a computer where there are so many possible variants of hardware and operating systems that make "bugs" a probability. If the software will not run, for whatever reason of incompatibility, then it's not fit for purpose. Whilst "ripped off" may be a bit strong, if it will not operate then a refund should be available. I'd be tempted to invoke the distance selling regulations.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote