Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 11-09-2016, 12:34   #6616
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
I try my hardest NOT to watch BT Sport. Sadly with Spurs in Europe, l have no choice but to watch it.
Why? They are just as good/bad as Sky Sports and have pundits good and bad.
telegramsam is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2016, 12:36   #6617
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Hes just upset about Spursday.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 12:37   #6618
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengedragon View Post
if my team is on tv i couldnt care less what channel it's on as long as i can watch it
Me too!
telegramsam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 12:59   #6619
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
I try my hardest NOT to watch BT Sport. Sadly with Spurs in Europe, l have no choice but to watch it.
It's the content that's important, Arthur, not the channel it's on (unless you don't get it, of course!)

---------- Post added at 12:59 ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 ----------

If Amazon go for Premiership rights in the UK, that will knock Sky off its perch! Football might become cheaper, too, despite the price tag for those rights going up.

http://www.digitaltveurope.net/59706...sports-rights/
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 13:41   #6620
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Oh dear one does come out occasionally with some pie in the sky thoughts me old marra.
Old 11-09-2016, 16:38   #6621
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Why? They are just as good/bad as Sky Sports and have pundits good and bad.
I'm sorry but I'd have to massively disagree whilst I have no issues with BT Sports general coverage , picture quality etc I'm afraid some of its pundits are woeful.

I'd like to have BT Sport on my box in 4K as Sky Sports 4K has now spoilt me.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 17:36   #6622
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

The old geezer rides to the defence yet again it seems.
Old 11-09-2016, 18:09   #6623
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
The old geezer rides to the defence yet again it seems.
You've said many times on here before Den how poor some of BT's pundits are or have you forgot that.

I pay for them both Den
Old 11-09-2016, 18:53   #6624
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Indeed l have but also as TG says some of Sky's pundits ain't that clever either IMO.
Old 11-09-2016, 19:16   #6625
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Indeed l have but also as TG says some of Sky's pundits ain't that clever either IMO.
I'm speaking purely in my personal opinion others will disagree , in my opinion Sky's premier league coverage is far more polished and proffesionly presented it's got even better with the arrival of Gary Neville again.

Steve Mcmanaman , Paul Scholes , Michael Owen , Robbie Savage and Owen Hargreaves are a few I've watched since launch that in my opinion are particularly poor.
Old 11-09-2016, 19:18   #6626
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Shame Ed Chamberlin left
Old 11-09-2016, 19:20   #6627
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
Shame Ed Chamberlin left
Yep he deserted to ITV as we know.
Old 11-09-2016, 19:20   #6628
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Shame Ed Chamberlin left
Agreed Ed was excellent.
Old 11-09-2016, 19:25   #6629
thenry
Inactive

David Jones doesn't quite cut it. He was ok for Saturdays. I wouldn't have mind seeing Jeff Stelling on Super Sunday and MNF duty. Poor guy lost his CL doughnut lol
Old 11-09-2016, 19:29   #6630
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I'm speaking purely in my personal opinion others will disagree , in my opinion Sky's premier league coverage is far more polished and proffesionly presented it's got even better with the arrival of Gary Neville again.

Steve Mcmanaman , Paul Scholes , Michael Owen , Robbie Savage and Owen Hargreaves are a few I've watched since launch that in my opinion are particularly poor.
Yes Gary Neville l think most of us knew would be back once he found out the management game is not a bed of roses he maybe thought it was.

Of BT Sport l like Glenn Hoddle , James Richardson who l think should be used far more and one or two others and of Sky Sports Jamie Redknapp , Gary Neville and Guillem Balague and a couple of others as well.

---------- Post added at 19:29 ---------- Previous post was at 19:27 ----------

Quote:
David Jones doesn't quite cut it. He was ok for Saturdays. I wouldn't have mind seeing Jeff Stelling on Super Sunday and MNF duty. Poor guy lost his CL doughnut lol
Well from what l hear there will be no one CL rights holder next time when it comes up for auction soon as my money is on ITV getting some rights again along with either Sky Sports or BT Sports.